Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFlow Customer Service getting worse.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Lads hope one of u can help i went over the m50 on the 12 of april and had forgot to pay the toll be 8pm the next day,i got around to paying it on the 21 of april as it left my mind, iv know got a letter saying iv to pay a 47.50 fine for LATE payment,

Do these really have a leg to stand on charging 40 odd euro for a 3 euro late payment which was pay,d before any letters showed up at my house

Any help would be great

I have a similar story to the above.

I made four journeys and didn't pay within the 48 hours. I then went on to the website and paid but it only charged me the standard rate.

I then get a letter saying I owe 4 x €47.50. Now I get on and dispute that the website should tell me exactly what I owe.

They are now threatening legal action.

help!

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Ironingbored: if it has gone to legal stage, then it is off eflows system as far as I'm aware and they won't be able to do much for you. If you did make an attempt to pay the original toll even late, and if you call them once you got your letter for €45 or whatever, I think they sometimes waiver the €40 or so and just pay the €6. (well this is what happened to a friend)

mick-fitz: I would say the same thing, as long as you attempted to pay before you got the letter for €45, if you call them before it goes to legal status they might be able to do something for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

I rang them but the Northern Irish support is terrible they didnt want to know me unless i was giving them credit card details i even got in touch with a supervisier but once again unless i was paying this 47.50 they didnt want to know me

In the end the phone call ended with me saying im not paying this late payment penilty the person on the phone said thats ok dont pay it ull get a fine for 125 then court that was a month ago now and nothing has happened yet.

But saying all this iv a friend who never payed a toll and they still done nothing to him even do they sent a tree load of letters to him

Anyways im sure im one of hundreds here just waiting to see if anyone gos to court over this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jenny100

You all keep goin on about the customer service when the real problem is the system, its the system that charges us wrongly, its the system that picks up the wrong vehicle and its the system that does not work. Those poor folk in Newry are practically an answering service as they do not have the power or the authority to help us. An email is always sent down to the infamous 'head office' to sort our problems out and as i have read this never happens!!!

Seems to me and I to owe around 1000 pounds, (from the North) that this is what is happeneing, the NRA hire a load of french so and so's to provide the systems and the barrier free tolling, they create BET EIRE FLOW to run the whole operation then put the people from Newry on the front line to take all the crap from angry customer for their own system c**k ups.

I am as fed up as you all are but being a customer service manager I can clearly see who is at fault and my heart goes out to all the agents as they are taking all the crap, and all the crap comes from this head office of theirs who have never bothered to contact me or help me as i requested.

Its the creaters of this operation who need to realise what is happening to all their valued customers who they daily attempt to rip off with these so called late fines, I aint paying and my husband will be defending me in court, wish me luck

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

You cannot email them any more, any emails bounces back with directions to a web form.

You can email info@nra.ie
    mark the email for the attention of the regulatory manager.

see http://www.nra.ie/AboutUs/CustomerService/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Lone Kimono

Lads I know this is an old thread but I didn't think I should start a new one just for this.

I received a letter today from E Flow stating that I used the M50 toll road on the 16th December and I have to pay a €6.00 fine and had 14 days to pay the fine or I would be charged an additional €41.50. Now I was on the way home from Dundrum shopping centre and missed the slip road and went too far down the motorway by accident but I had no problems paying the fine so I went onto the E Flow website and typed in my information to pay the fine only to find the fine was now €47.50. The 14 days were well up but the letter that they sent to tell me about the fine and the 14 days to pay only arrived today!

Now I have already emailed them explaining the situation. But I was wondering what other people thought, do I have a leg to stand on here or am I better off just paying the €47.50?

I make a point of ringing them up to settle the account. Nothing like a human operator to sort what's going on. Had a 200+ fine waived because I made out I was willing to pay. (I was, but I would have had to spread it out.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭blindsider

Lads I know this is an old thread but I didn't think I should start a new one just for this.

I received a letter today from E Flow stating that I used the M50 toll road on the 16th December and I have to pay a €6.00 fine and had 14 days to pay the fine or I would be charged an additional €41.50. Now I was on the way home from Dundrum shopping centre and missed the slip road and went too far down the motorway by accident but I had no problems paying the fine so I went onto the E Flow website and typed in my information to pay the fine only to find the fine was now €47.50. The 14 days were well up but the letter that they sent to tell me about the fine and the 14 days to pay only arrived today!

Now I have already emailed them explaining the situation. But I was wondering what other people thought, do I have a leg to stand on here or am I better off just paying the €47.50?

Lone Kimono - Call them ASAP. Be nice - explain what happened -tell them it was an honest mistake, and ask if they can do anything to help you - you might get awa y with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Must say I've never had an issue with customer service with eflow - always been veryt fast to answer,m virtually no holding, courteous, helpful etc. Always been Irish or English too which means - and no disrespect meant - that I don't have to struggle to understand an indian accent and broken/crappy english.

I've had three fines - two very close together - and only ever paid the one that was isolated. Of the other two, one was forgotten or never charged, and the second I explained that I had missed the 14-day deadline by one day (where it jumps from €6 to €41.50) and they were nice about it and agreed not to charge me the higher rate.

Since I switched to direct debit in June it's been even handier - I did notice my DD came out in early Jan rather than in christmas week as would have been normal but that only gave me more cash to spend at Christmas so that was a good thing! I dunno, maybe they treated registered customers better or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I make a point of ringing them up to settle the account. Nothing like a human operator to sort what's going on. Had a 200+ fine waived because I made out I was willing to pay. (I was, but I would have had to spread it out.)

Yeah, I've always called them whenever I have to do anythign. Much quicker . Why wait days for an email when you can sort soemthign instantly on the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

was there not reports before about the previous company waiting until the 13th day before posting out all the €6 fine letters thus ensuring that most people would have to pay the extra €41.50late fees?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

I have had a cheque from eflow from 12/02/2009 for €3.00... like seriously - it would cost me more than that to drive to the bank to lodge it - let alone take an hour off work.

are they trying to save themselves 3 euro cos im too lazy !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I am a recent victim of this ridiculous system while transferring the tag between 2 cars so was tagless for a weekend. Drove through the toll and paid the fee the next morning but lo and behold a penalty notice arrived the following week. They claim they have no record of the payment attached to the reg or laser card it was paid with and are looking for a print out of my statement showing that the payment was made.

You have to wonder who designed, coded and tested this system ? I highly suspect no testing was done whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Colm R

Jip wrote: »
    I am a recent victim of this ridiculous system while transferring the tag between 2 cars so was tagless for a weekend. Drove through the toll and paid the fee the next morning but lo and behold a penalty notice arrived the following week. They claim they have no record of the payment attached to the reg or laser card it was paid with and are looking for a print out of my statement showing that the payment was made.

You have to wonder who designed, coded and tested this system ? I highly suspect no testing was done whatsoever.

Tell your bank that the company has requested access to your financial records. Cos that has to be illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,549 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Colm R wrote: »
    Tell your bank that the company has requested access to your financial records. Cos that has to be illegal.

Why would it be illegal to ask ?

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Colm R

Why would it be illegal to ask ?

Might not be illegal, but to be honest, I don't think its right that a company can request to see a statement of transactions on a personal account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Be it illegal or not, they're not getting it. I may still have a copy of the page you get after it's paid online in the history of the machine I made the payment with but haven't had a chance to check yet.

To be fair they did say I was to black out everything else bar that one transaction but then I could just mock something up in a bloody word document if I hadn't paid in the first place.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I have an eazypass tag, one which I barely use.
    I made 2 trips on the M50 that weren't registered by the camera, I got a notification and went online and used the registered user cancellation bit.
    Now my northbound journey reference was say 1222222211 and the south bound one was 2111122. My Notice number was also 21111122.
    SO as it says on the letter I inputted the Notice number and my details and it was accepted.

A few weeks later I received another notification saying I had not paid the North bound journey, I rang them up explaining how I'd already rectified this and given them my tag details, the CSR said to ignore the notice, it must be a glitch as there was nothing outstanding on my account.

Today I recievd my letter from their solicitors, now they're looking for 144 euro.

Eflow refuse to talk to me, say my account is closed off and they can't even confirm I rang them in mid Feb about this. Now I'm going nuts at home, I've gone through all my statements and found they did only take the 3 euro for the southbound journey even though I had authorized through the user notice cancellation to take both, am I screwed?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,549 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Colm R wrote: »
    Might not be illegal, but to be honest, I don't think its right that a company can request to see a statement of transactions on a personal account.

It is actually a perfectly reasonable request, JIP said they paid it and they asked for proof...
    Jip wrote: »
    They claim they have no record of the payment attached to the reg or laser card it was paid with and are looking for a print out of my statement showing that the payment was made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Gallagher5

Ginny wrote: »
    I have an eazypass tag, one which I barely use.
    I made 2 trips on the M50 that weren't registered by the camera, I got a notification and went online and used the registered user cancellation bit.
    Now my northbound journey reference was say 1222222211 and the south bound one was 2111122. My Notice number was also 21111122.
    SO as it says on the letter I inputted the Notice number and my details and it was accepted.

A few weeks later I received another notification saying I had not paid the North bound journey, I rang them up explaining how I'd already rectified this and given them my tag details, the CSR said to ignore the notice, it must be a glitch as there was nothing outstanding on my account.

Today I recievd my letter from their solicitors, now they're looking for 144 euro.

Eflow refuse to talk to me, say my account is closed off and they can't even confirm I rang them in mid Feb about this. Now I'm going nuts at home, I've gone through all my statements and found they did only take the 3 euro for the southbound journey even though I had authorized through the user notice cancellation to take both, am I screwed?

Did you try calling the solicitors? a friend of mine had a similar problem and worked it out with their solicitors. I wouldnt ignore it as you could end up in court with a lot more to pay than €144!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 reecebaby1

jaylo wrote: »
    similar problem, eflow have now passed me onto this crowd, pierse and fitzgibbon who are charging us upwards of €1362 for journeys dating back to last year. Fines arrived through the post for 08 journeys in spring 09, and by then they had risen to alarming rates. eflow are awful - not our problem talk to the solicitor. I had, I thought sorted this out weeks ago when two agents assured me on separate occasions that the debt would be cleared by signing up for one of their video accounts, and that would be the end or it. Last week however, a stream of letters from these solicitors began, and apparantley we haven't had them all yet! Has anyone had to deal with such large amounts from eflow? It might be worthwhile getting the solicitor onto this one, any opinions?
    HI solictor has told me i owe 6,500 but if i pay witin 2 weeks they will settlle for 2,500 am at my wits end as dont have this sort of money
    trying to get a loan...was wondering what happened with your case ...did you pay ..can anyone advise me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

reecebaby1 wrote: »
    HI solictor has told me i owe 6,500 but if i pay witin 2 weeks they will settlle for 2,500 am at my wits end as dont have this sort of money
    trying to get a loan...was wondering what happened with your case ...did you pay ..can anyone advise me
    These ****ers are nothing short of extortionists. Go to the media, then go to court and refuse to pay it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 crammer123

reecebaby1 wrote: »

Dont pay them a penny! its their fault not yours!
    I'm having problems with them at the moment too and they are certainly not getting any money out of me!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I explained a year back why these penalty tolls are not legally enforceable.

Read this again

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=60742855&highlight=toll+scheme#post60742855

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 RecessionJohn

Made a trip recently northwards on M50 and paid the toll via website subsequently. I drive a pick-up and so was charged the €3.70. Received a letter a week and a half later (final notice) for toll payment and a late fee (€6.70). Rang them up and chap in call-centre said I was a day late in paying and so owed the toll plus late fee of €3.00. Told him the website asked me to pay €3.70 only. He said there was a 'lag' in the system. Told him the letter said I owed €6.70 but that I had actually paid (as advised by the website) €3.70. I requested a letter be re-issued to reflect this. He took a note (?) of this and said he couldn't have a letter re-sissued but I insisted as I said I had paid my dues and if I owed a late-fee I would like a letter to reflect this. Upon checking with a supervisor he said he would ask Admin in eFlow to send this letter.
    A week later I rang thr call centre again; no letter had been received by me and the €3 was still outstanding on the account. As I was concerned I would be penalised further I paid the €3 over the phone and asked the operator to follow-up on the letter I was supposed to receive. He said (and this is the daming thing) that he only takes the calls and the Admin section is 'another dept' and all he could do was re-request this.
    Needlesstosay I have not yet received a letter.
    Simon McBeth is the name of the Customer Services Manager in eFlow (named on the tv) and he had the audacity to say on a piece on tv the other night that eFlow had ironed out all the difficulties etc with the system and barrier-free journeys.
    I don't thnk so. To receive a letter with an incorrect amount and not receive a letter with the correct amount owing is not customer service.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Have you written to them? Speaking to them will be useless when this eventually gets handed over to Sue, Leggit & Run

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Finally got mine sorted, surprisingly enough the solicitors sorted it and acknowledged I did try and pay...but I am cancelling my eflow and going to tolltag.ie, much less hassle and can top up yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 cork_lad

Made a trip recently northwards on M50 and paid the toll via website subsequently. I drive a pick-up and so was charged the €3.70. Received a letter a week and a half later (final notice) for toll payment and a late fee (€6.70). Rang them up and chap in call-centre said I was a day late in paying and so owed the toll plus late fee of €3.00. Told him the website asked me to pay €3.70 only. He said there was a 'lag' in the system. Told him the letter said I owed €6.70 but that I had actually paid (as advised by the website) €3.70. I requested a letter be re-issued to reflect this. He took a note (?) of this and said he couldn't have a letter re-sissued but I insisted as I said I had paid my dues and if I owed a late-fee I would like a letter to reflect this. Upon checking with a supervisor he said he would ask Admin in eFlow to send this letter.
    A week later I rang thr call centre again; no letter had been received by me and the €3 was still outstanding on the account. As I was concerned I would be penalised further I paid the €3 over the phone and asked the operator to follow-up on the letter I was supposed to receive. He said (and this is the daming thing) that he only takes the calls and the Admin section is 'another dept' and all he could do was re-request this.
    Needlesstosay I have not yet received a letter.
    Simon McBeth is the name of the Customer Services Manager in eFlow (named on the tv) and he had the audacity to say on a piece on tv the other night that eFlow had ironed out all the difficulties etc with the system and barrier-free journeys.
    I don't thnk so. To receive a letter with an incorrect amount and not receive a letter with the correct amount owing is not customer service.

Just from reading this, If you did pay on time you wouldn't of got a letter but seeing as you didn't of course the letter was going to say €6.70. You paid after the letter was issued.... Personally i have noting but praise for eflow, Have never had an issue with them and when i call them they are very helpful

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

cork_lad wrote: »
    Just from reading this, If you did pay on time you wouldn't of got a letter but seeing as you didn't of course the letter was going to say €6.70. You paid after the letter was issued.... Personally i have noting but praise for eflow, Have never had an issue with them and when i call them they are very helpful
    Your second post on boards since joining last October and its coincidentally your second post praising eflow.
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 cork_lad

And can i ask what is wrong with that, Some people do come on this website to catch up on other things than replying to threads

Advertisement