Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFlow Customer Service getting worse.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Nope, the NRA have beteireflow as their agents, but are ultimately responsible for running the bridge. This is why there is no VAT charged. If it was a private company/business, then VAT would be charged.

Same story but different agents operate the other toll on the m50 at Dublin port.

All the other toll roads collect VAT and are run by private businesses.

beteireflow are just agents for the NRA, like dsps are for Dublin Corpo.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭bog master

Doing some accounts work for a client and noticed for the Feb Statement, VAT is being applied on the toll yet website says VAT Not Applicable.

NET 2.81 VAT 0.59

And still using old VAT Rate of 21% vs Current 21.5%

Whats going on?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Got a letter this morning to say my appeal has been declined and I owe them 100 euro, what power do these goons actually have?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,549 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Got a letter this morning to say my appeal has been declined and I owe them 100 euro, what power do these goons actually have?

They can take a civil action against you.

If you are 100% sure you paid and can prove it in court, let them take you and counter sue for the agro..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

They can take a civil action against you.

If you are 100% sure you paid and can prove it in court, let them take you and counter sue for the agro..
    There in lies the problem, I dont use the toll much, and normally I wait (forget) to pay until I get the letter saying I have to pay 6 euro. Now I have done this a few times.

But this particular time, the website was not letting people in to pay online, I tried from work and home over a 2 day period. So I forgot about it.
    Got a letter then to say I owe 47.50 per trip, yet when I went into the website to check it, I wasnt even able to get in to the pay section.

I have no problem paying the 12 euro but I will not be paying the 95 euro.

• Advertisement

There in lies the problem, I dont use the toll much, and normally I wait (forget) to pay until I get the letter saying I have to pay 6 euro. Now I have done this a few times.

But this particular time, the website was not letting people in to pay online, I tried from work and home over a 2 day period. So I forgot about it.
    Got a letter then to say I owe 47.50 per trip, yet when I went into the website to check it, I wasnt even able to get in to the pay section.

Website is not the only option, there is the equally patetic call centre.

Also any payzone outlet...

Website is not the only option, there is the equally patetic call centre.

Also any payzone outlet...

Yep I know, but as I'm in an office its by the far the easiest way for me, I may call them and see if they can sort something out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Just ignore the *****, they stop trying eventually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jaylo

similar problem, eflow have now passed me onto this crowd, pierse and fitzgibbon who are charging us upwards of €1362 for journeys dating back to last year. Fines arrived through the post for 08 journeys in spring 09, and by then they had risen to alarming rates. eflow are awful - not our problem talk to the solicitor. I had, I thought sorted this out weeks ago when two agents assured me on separate occasions that the debt would be cleared by signing up for one of their video accounts, and that would be the end or it. Last week however, a stream of letters from these solicitors began, and apparantley we haven't had them all yet! Has anyone had to deal with such large amounts from eflow? It might be worthwhile getting the solicitor onto this one, any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

Lads hope one of u can help i went over the m50 on the 12 of april and had forgot to pay the toll be 8pm the next day,i got around to paying it on the 21 of april as it left my mind, iv know got a letter saying iv to pay a 47.50 fine for LATE payment,

Do these really have a leg to stand on charging 40 odd euro for a 3 euro late payment which was pay,d before any letters showed up at my house

Any help would be great

• Advertisement

Lads hope one of u can help i went over the m50 on the 12 of april and had forgot to pay the toll be 8pm the next day,i got around to paying it on the 21 of april as it left my mind, iv know got a letter saying iv to pay a 47.50 fine for LATE payment,

Do these really have a leg to stand on charging 40 odd euro for a 3 euro late payment which was pay,d before any letters showed up at my house

Any help would be great

The only leg they have to stand on is the relevant legislation and they are following that to the letter.

You admit that you forgot to pay, the penalties for doing so were well publicised at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Ignore them. They can try take you to court, feel free to present your evidence of a paid journey, then claim for expenses such as phone calls and wage earnings lost for being made go to court. I really doubt any court cases will ever see the light of day.

You cold read through the consumer protection act
    section 43 (3) (c) outlaws the misleading advertising of the price of a service.

The ads on the M50 say the price for a car is EUR3 and discounts may apply.
    obviously, charging more than the stated price falls foul of this.
    As the M50 between the N4 and N3 is under a byelaw, then this national law trumps that and there is no more than EUR 3 to be paid by a car driver.

Check the misleading commercial practices section of the act.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Zoney

I sincerely hope that this nonsense gets to endemic enough levels that there will be no option other than for the govt. to give up on the whole scheme. It is outrageous.

You cold read through the consumer protection act
    section 43 (3) (c) outlaws the misleading advertising of the price of a service.

The ads on the M50 say the price for a car is EUR3 and discounts may apply.
    obviously, charging more than the stated price falls foul of this.
    As the M50 between the N4 and N3 is under a byelaw, then this national law trumps that and there is no more than EUR 3 to be paid by a car driver.

Check the misleading commercial practices section of the act.

Actually (and i hate to defend the waste of space tools in BetFlow/NRA) there is nothing misleading about the tolls and fines.

The signs correctly dispalys the toll. And the fines for late payment were widely published...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Actually (and i hate to defend the waste of space tools in BetFlow/NRA) there is nothing misleading about the tolls and fines.

The signs correctly dispalys the toll. And the fines for late payment were widely published...
    There is no sign before the last exit before the toll in either direction.

CiaranC wrote: »

Hmm, now that you mention it, was there ever?

The signs correctly displays the toll. And the fines for late payment were widely published...
    but there's nothing advertising that a late payment causes an increased charge, which the nra call a standard toll request - it's not a fine as only a court can impose a fine.
    If the standard toll request is higher than the advertised price then that's an issue which is misleading to an average customer, and therefore could be ilegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

This thread prompted me to look at my eflow account.
    I don't use it that much maybe once every two months. There is a charge on my account for 18 march @ 7.36 am. I was in work on this day at this time and did not use the toll. I called and they said it was a charge for a previous journey,
    so i asked when way the journey made? Answer don't know.

I said my very few journeys on my account all have times indicated are for two way trips. This is a one way trip, How? Answer form etoll Don't know!!

I asked for a photo of the my car reg on the alleged journey. Answer we don't have one.
    I know its only 2.50 but if they done that everyone one a year it would be a lot of easy money..
    Anyway now they will investigate it and get back to me.. :confused:

I logged in to see my fines... It wont evengive me the option to pay, utter clowns

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

CiaranC wrote: »
    Heading 'northbound' it mentions the word 'toll' on the gantry before the N4 junction and IIRC its on the right side. However, it may be too late to safely leave the motorway.
    Anyway now they will investigate it and get back to me.. :confused:
    Don't expect a call back! I'd say that they get several of these each day and they haven't time to look at any of them!
    I logged in to see my fines... It wont evengive me the option to pay, utter clowns
    Make sure to email them (I probably wouldn't use a contact form on their website) and also take screenshots and include them in the email! Make sure to keep a copy of the sent mail and possibly request a delivery and read receipt if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

T
    his thread prompted me to look at my eflow account.
    I don't use it that much maybe once every two months. There is a charge on my account for 18 march @ 7.36 am. I was in work on this day at this time and did not use the toll. I called and they said it was a charge for a previous journey,
    so i asked when way the journey made? Answer don't know.

I said my very few journeys on my account all have times indicated are for two way trips. This is a one way trip, How? Answer form etoll Don't know!!

I asked for a photo of the my car reg on the alleged journey. Answer we don't have one.
    I know its only 2.50 but if they done that everyone one a year it would be a lot of easy money..
    Anyway now they will investigate it and get back to me..

This is why I have not , and will never register with these people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Same with me - I will never register with them. I simply do not trust their accounting practices, their customer services, their appeals procedure, pretty much anything to do with them in fact. This whole thing is starting to sound like the SMS subscription stuff . . . "We'll just take some money out of your account and there's nothing you can do about it. We're licensed you know and that means we're allowed take money. Good luck trying to find anyone in authority who will listen when you bleat to them that we're an incompetent shower and are taking money from you without permission."

It was never clear to me who/what I *needed* to sign up to in order to just be able to go over the Westlink (is it still called that ?). There were enough ads at the time telling me what I *could* sign up to, but these were all private companies offering different products which had different terms and conditions, different fees, covered different tolls, etc . . .

One thing was for sure, I wasn't going to start paying anyone a monthly fee just for having an account, whether I used it or not. I haven't used the bridge since it lost its barriers, but then again I hate the M50 anyway and would prefer to route in through town than risk getting stuck in a random no-notice traffic jam with no way out of there.

z

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Eerie

baloonatic wrote: »
    Similar story for me, it's a joke. I tried to start an account last night and the website kept crapping out on me, what kind of idiots manage the customer service?

I have tried to set up an account loads of times (at least 5 times since it started) using the website and have never been able to - am starting to think that it's just there for show and has never worked! Has anyone managed to do this successfully?

kbannon wrote: »
    Make sure to email them (I probably wouldn't use a contact form on their website) and also take screenshots and include them in the email! Make sure to keep a copy of the sent mail and possibly request a delivery and read receipt if you can.

You cannot email them any more, any emails bounces back with directions to a web form.

Normally they take about a week to replay, but last time i noticed that you can click back and the form does not clear allowing one to submit it again, but i got bored after five or ten minutes of this.

Got a same day reply, not sure if it was this, or the use of some words that the mods would not let me repeat in decent company.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Eerie wrote: »
    I have tried to set up an account loads of times (at least 5 times since it started) using the website and have never been able to - am starting to think that it's just there for show and has never worked! Has anyone managed to do this successfully?
    Failed for me too , had to ring them in the end, spend more on the phone calls than did on tolls. They didn't charge me the late surcharge because I was v. upset, telling me there were X places I could pay "how many in London ???" since I had gone to the airport.

Maybe we could report them to ASAI , because you CAN'T pay online ?

I have had a couple of dealings with them recently

Both times , the phone picked up promptly ( after 1-2 rings , and you have fought through the IVR )
    Both times problem dealt with correctly and politely.

I still will not have an account with them ever ( don't trust them that much ) but credit where credit is due and they seem to have improved.

On another point , why is there not somewhere ( a desk maybe ) that you can pay this toll at the airport ? I will never pay this on-line/over the phone because I don't want these guys ever to have my bank/CC details. I want to pay cash, but I can't at the airport

Davidth88 wrote: »
    On another point , why is there not somewhere ( a desk maybe ) that you can pay this toll at the airport ? I will never pay this on-line/over the phone because I don't want these guys ever to have my bank/CC details. I want to pay cash, but I can't at the airport

cannot you pay at the SPAR in the airport ???

The spar was closed for referb , is it now re-open ?

What time does it open , if it's not until 7am , this is no good for a lot of people leaving on the early flights

Even a vending machine , or something wouldn't be beyond the wit of man you would think.

After all a good portion of traffic going though that overpriced bridge would be heading for the airport

• Advertisement

Ok, Ill climb off my high horse.... checking website you can pay in the overpriced bookshops Hughes and Hughes

Advertisement