Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Jakmeehan wrote: »
    Just put a different carrier sim in it and connect to iTunes. That should do it

Should I see any message? I connected it to iTunes and didn't get an unlocked message etc. (I'm with 02 and the phone was originally locked to Voda)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,486 ✭✭✭✭guil

Ya need to sync with a different sim in, ya will get a screen saying congratulations. It's now unlocked

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭DYLF

hey guys,
    i got my hands on a new 3gs running on 3.1.3... just wondering what is the latest update i can put in it and keep it unlocked? and how can i do this (i'm assuming itudes will just update it to to the latest version that cant be unlocked)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I have a jailbroken iphone 4 on 4.1, If i want to reverse the jailbreak and go back to the regular out of the box OS what do i do?

Do i just plug in my phone into itunes and click restore. Its probably a blindingly obvious answer but i want to be 100% sure so i dont brick my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Hogzy wrote: »
    I have a jailbroken iphone 4 on 4.1, If i want to reverse the jailbreak and go back to the regular out of the box OS what do i do?

Do i just plug in my phone into itunes and click restore. Its probably a blindingly obvious answer but i want to be 100% sure so i dont brick my phone.

I'm pretty sure that's all you do, but wait for somebody else to confirm it maybe. I would however be curious as to why you'd want to do so?

• Advertisement

L'prof wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that's all you do, but wait for somebody else to confirm it maybe. I would however be curious as to why you'd want to do so?

Its on 4.1 with Baseband 2.10.04 so it cannot be unlocked. Apparently the hacker @Sherif_Hashim will be releaseing an unlock for the iphone 4 when 4.2 is released.

So i might have to upgrade to 4.2 in order to be able to unlock, and that cannot be done while the phone is jailbroken.

DYLF wrote: »
    hey guys,
    i got my hands on a new 3gs running on 3.1.3... just wondering what is the latest update i can put in it and keep it unlocked? and how can i do this (i'm assuming itudes will just update it to to the latest version that cant be unlocked)
    Just restore in iTunes. It will be on 4.1 but an unlock will be released soon
    Hogzy wrote: »
    Its on 4.1 with Baseband 2.10.04 so it cannot be unlocked. Apparently the hacker @Sherif_Hashim will be releaseing an unlock for the iphone 4 when 4.2 is released.

So i might have to upgrade to 4.2 in order to be able to unlock, and that cannot be done while the phone is jailbroken.
    You don't need to remove the jb to update but doin so removes the jb, ya might need shsh blobs for 4.1 to have an untethered jb on 4.2 so make sure ya save them
    Oh btw the unlock for iPhone 4 4.2 is gonna take longer thn the 3G/3GS so bear that in mind

guil wrote: »

You don't need to remove the jb to update but doin so removes the jb, ya might need shsh blobs for 4.1 to have an untethered jb on 4.2 so make sure ya save them
    Oh btw the unlock for iPhone 4 4.2 is gonna take longer thn the 3G/3GS so bear that in mind

How do i preserve the shsh?

All you're doing is making a backup of the blobs. Download tinyumbrella, run it with the iPhone connected and click save my shsh. Ya can save it to your pc aswell so look for that in the settings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Snap2010

I think I'll stick with my unlocked 3.1.2. Too much effort in Jailbreaking

• Advertisement

guil wrote: »

:( i'm on meteor so i need to keep it unlocked

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

You could use pwnagetool to Create a custom ipsw, preserving your baseband. http://iphoneroot.com/download/PwnageTool_4.1.2.dmg

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭iPaddyM

Need your help guys. Have an iPhone 2G here that I'm trying to jailbreak & unlock. Problem is I can't activate it. I know you need the original network sim to activate it and have the OneSim and have it programed as an AT&T sim, but the activation is different with AT&T I think.

With AT&T you have to enter your mobile number to activate it. The sim has a mobile number assigned to it be it's obviously not the right one.

Is there a way to bypass this?

This is the issue I have - http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2846

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ronald1

is it possible to unlock iphone3 up graded to 4.1 if not when:)thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Looking for a bit of help here lads.
    I got an iphone 3g second hand today that's apparently jail broken. It has Cydia installed so i assume it is. I need to unlock it and my head is melted from reading about all the different basebands etc.

What I know about the phone is this, it's running version 4.0 and its firmware is 05.14.02. Any help greatly appreciated :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

Looking for a bit of help here lads.
    I got an iphone 3g second hand today that's apparently jail broken. It has Cydia installed so i assume it is. I need to unlock it and my head is melted from reading about all the different basebands etc.

What I know about the phone is this, it's running version 4.0 and its firmware is 05.14.02. Any help greatly appreciated :)

You'll have to wait a couple of days until 4.2 is released by apple, then the unlock for 05.14.02 will be released a day or 2 after that, hopefully sooner.
    The phone you have was updated to 4.1 then downgraded to 4.0 but preserved the 4.1 baseband.

Good news is that you only have to wait a couple of days, whoever sold it to you must have got pissed off waiting and had his hopes set for the release on the 12th, but it didn't happen.

Unlock iPhone 3G, 3GS (Baseband 05.14.02) Within 2 days of iOS 4.2 Release
    http://www.mobilesdna.com/news/unlock-iphone-3g-3gs-baseband-05-14-02-within-2-days-of-ios-4-2-release/2070/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

uprising2 wrote: »
    You'll have to wait a couple of days until 4.2 is released by apple, then the unlock for 05.14.02 will be released a day or 2 after that, hopefully sooner.
    The phone you have was updated to 4.1 then downgraded to 4.0 but preserved the 4.1 baseband.

Good news is that you only have to wait a couple of days, whoever sold it to you must have got pissed off waiting and had his hopes set for the release on the 12th, but it didn't happen.

Unlock iPhone 3G, 3GS (Baseband 05.14.02) Within 2 days of iOS 4.2 Release
    http://www.mobilesdna.com/news/unlock-iphone-3g-3gs-baseband-05-14-02-within-2-days-of-ios-4-2-release/2070/

Good stuff there uprising2 much appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Ok me and a friend unlocked my i phone 4 by downgrading with Cydia and Limera1n it had a Vodafone sim in it before hand but i got the micro sim in the meteor shop and i thought if i just popped it in it would work but no joy, i get this message on itunes saying "The SIM card inserted does not appear to be supported" so any help would be very much appreciated and a step by step walk-through would be even more ;)
    Thanks
    OC

What fw was it on before downgrading. There's no way to downgrade baseband and I'd say it's on 02.10.04 which isn't unlockable yet

Lukker- wrote: »
    Ok me and a friend unlocked my i phone 4 by downgrading with Cydia and Limera1n it had a Vodafone sim in it before hand but i got the micro sim in the meteor shop and i thought if i just popped it in it would work but no joy, i get this message on itunes saying "The SIM card inserted does not appear to be supported" so any help would be very much appreciated and a step by step walk-through would be even more ;)
    Thanks
    OC

It's probably because you've already activated it with a vodafone sim. You'll need to take out the sim, restore it in iTunes and then run limera1n. limera1n will hacktivate it, then you can install ultrasn0w and (if you're on the right baseband) away you go

• Advertisement

Hi folks, I've got an ipod touch 4g I'm looking to jailbreak. It's all a bit confusing and have a few questions if thats alright.

1. Do I just need limera1n/greenpoison to jailbreak?
    2. Can the ipod continue to interact with itunes?
    3. Will my music still be on the ipod afterwards?

Cheers.

yes yes and yes

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Hi there, quick question, have read through some of this thread and not found an answer:

I have a second hand iPhone 3gs, it's jailbroken but when connected to iTunes I am unable to transfer anything onto it? Do I need to do a restore?

Thanks

iphone running on 4.1 baseband 05.14.02

am i right in thinking this can be jailbroken but not unlocked?
    and what do i need to do to jailbreak it?

DYLF wrote: »
    iphone running on 4.1 baseband 05.14.02

am i right in thinking this can be jailbroken but not unlocked?
    and what do i need to do to jailbreak it?
    Correct. Just run greenpois0n or redsn0w or limera1n to jailbreak!

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mono_mac

got scammed its australia 3 network on latest firmware- when or will i be able to unlock :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,345 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Could you try that again - it doesn't make sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭James2693

You should be able to unlock within the next few days......
    EDIT: your said your on 4.2? Could be months if not a year

it has to be restored to latest software as crashed on apple screen at minute or is there anything I can do to not have to restore on 4-2

• Advertisement

sorry for been hard to understand . I am mad .

Advertisement