Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Will this latest JB work on iPhone4.
    Can anyone point me in the direction of a JB for regular iPhone4 :o

Will this latest JB work on iPhone4.
    Can anyone point me in the direction of a JB for regular iPhone4 :o

Use Redsn0w. Windows Mac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

when i run the cinject.exe -w command it's been running for a long time, been running now for 20 mins ? is this ok or should I start again ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

got it sorted. thanks lads for all the posts before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

ryaner777 wrote: »
    when i run the cinject.exe -w command it's been running for a long time, been running now for 20 mins ? is this ok or should I start again ?

When you run that wait a min and then on the phone go to settings and turn your vpn on, you get an error message and hit ok. Phone should restart with cydia on the homescreen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Handy enough Jailbreak

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Handy enough Jailbreak

Cant get some of my repos to update properly, must be the heavy demand on everything at the moment. I got mine jailbroken in virtual box, worked surprisingly well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,204 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Anyone help a Luddite and point me in the direction as to how to jailbreak my ipad2?

Many thanks.

Anyone help a Luddite and point me in the direction as to how to jailbreak my ipad2?

Many thanks.

http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-iphone-4s-and-ipad-2-on-windows-the-easy-way-using-absinthe-video/

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭aoshea83

aoshea83 wrote: »
    I just can't do it!

Keep getting this error message after entering
    cinject -i payloads/jailbreak.mobileconfig

"The procedure entry point xmlTextReaderConstName could not be located in the dynamic link library libxml.dll."

and in the cmd screen it says:

"Couldn't load c:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\MobileDevice.dll\"

Any one else getting this? More importantly is there a fix?

Thanks lads.

Just a bit of feedback and update with regard to my above post -

I solved the issue by going to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support and copied libxml.dll to cinject root folder!

I also found that if you restore the iphone (as posted by the lads above) the jailbreak goes a lot quicker

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

The OH iPad2 is already JB on FW 4.3.3. Is it worth the trouble unjailbraking it, updating and JB again?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭dodzy

AntiRip wrote: »
    The OH iPad2 is already JB on FW 4.3.3. Is it worth the trouble unjailbraking it, updating and JB again?
    Are there many cydia apps installed ? Personally I'd JB for SBsettings alone. FYI, the jailbreak took 7 minutes to complete. Download Greenpois0n to your local PC, connect, backup to itunes and its a 1 click JB.
    Very slick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

dodzy wrote: »
    Are there many cydia apps installed ? Personally I'd JB for SBsettings alone. FYI, the jailbreak took 7 minutes to complete. Download Greenpois0n to your local PC, connect, backup to itunes and its a 1 click JB.
    Very slick.

cheers. I have a few alright but would be easy enough to write them down on a piece of paper and re download. The usual ones like SBsettings etc.

Might even do it just for the challenge :)

AntiRip wrote: »
    cheers. I have a few alright but would be easy enough to write them down on a piece of paper and re download. The usual ones like SBsettings etc.

Might even do it just for the challenge :)

Google these: AptBackup & pkgBackup.

To hell with the challenge;)

Anyone remember that addon for sbsettings that let you kill all your running apps ? Had it a year or two ago can't find it now though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Anyone remember that addon for sbsettings that let you kill all your running apps ? Had it a year or two ago can't find it now though

I thought this came as standard in sbs settings under the 'Processes' tab?

I thought this came as standard in sbs settings under the 'Processes' tab?

No found it now it called remove background . Handy for killing all your apps

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Right all updated to Ios 5.01--easier than I thought :)

Next question--Which redsnow to Jailbreak (Iphone 4)

Is it 0.9.10b1 or 0.9.10b3??

I see both mentioned.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,493 ✭✭✭✭guil

i used b3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

is anyone having issues with push messages, my ip4 just re jailbroken as been activated but push isnt working for twitter only.

Is it just me thats having this issue ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Cool il have a look into it never heard of it.

side question, im jailbroken on 5.01 untethered, I used iFaith to save SHSH blobs, did this same task when saving SHSH blob also save these APTickets ive been reading about online or do i need to do more?

Cheers

Did you have to add a repo for this? Found it in the search but errors given when attempting install.

dodzy wrote: »
    Did you have to add a repo for this? Found it in the search but errors given when attempting install.

Need to get the app then install the addon for Sbsettings
    eb0e72a7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,428 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Ipad2/4s untethered jailbreak now released for windows :)

http://www.engadget.com/2012/01/21/untethered-jailbreak-iphone-4s-ipad-2-windows/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

I found this JB to be a piece of crap. Kept getting the "Absinthe is now setting..." message. Life's too short for this nonsense. Bye bye jailbreak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

naasrd wrote: »
    I found this JB to be a piece of crap. Kept getting the "Absinthe is now setting..." message. Life's too short for this nonsense. Bye bye jailbreak.
    I thought it was one of the easiest to install yet. Ran the program, hit the absinthe logo, phone reset then done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Yep, quick and easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭stoksyXL

Worked first time for me. One click and it's done.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Tried it with absinthe works perfect then I click the Absinthe logo and says "Absinthe is now setting things up" stays like tht then sorta reboots and nothings changed any ideas ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Just changed some of the properties for the Absinthe app and it went like a hooer. Delighted.

Advertisement