Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Here is my current fav daily watch. Love the thread by the way.

photo.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

actually i posted a pic to the wrong watch - its actually one of these

51D0KIRWg3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

any one suggest somewhere in dublin to get the strap resized?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

cheers - i'd imagine this will be my last purchase for a while so i might just bring it to a shop.

i'm guessing this should be no more than 10/15 euro - or is this one of the crazy expensive things that only takes 2 minutes?

and here's it on arm
    190943852.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1289470576&Signature=IfXhtEIDUCqSCZvA5cY4pePHzDY%3D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,674 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

picked up a 42mm PO today, in this config

not sure if the one pictured is 45 or 42mm tho :D

anyway, its nice :)

Omega%20Seamaster%20Planet%20Ocean%20Chronometer%20Gents%20Watch-1m_02.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Niiiiice. :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Very posh :) I'm sure you'll post the real thing when you get it, got one of these on the bay recently...it's true what they say, you should never meet your childhood heros
    seikouc3000watchkeyboar.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,674 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Fabritzo wrote: »
    Very posh :) I'm sure you'll post the real thing when you get it, [/IMG]

its on my wrist now :)

will take some proper pics later tho!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Very posh :) I'm sure you'll post the real thing when you get it, got one of these on the bay recently...it's true what they say, you should never meet your childhood heros
    s5.jpg
    Brilliant! :D I always hankered after one of those.

I had this earlier one(still do, still works, but a bit battered)
    DSCN4232_001.sized.jpg

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

That's in pretty good nick, love the little button nobody could possibly use :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Carl.Gustav

OMG that is awesome, I hope you work in nasa and that bad boy doesn't go to waste !

Heh....as if any nerd who bought it could fill up it's massive 1KB memory with appointments and memos :P

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Flashwatches

Hi Guys,
    I'm new here and I thought I'd show a few of mine,

A well worn DOXA 300T reissue, and DOXA 750T Caribbean
    IMG_64761.jpg

OCEAN7 LM-1 and LM-7
    IMG_6503.jpg

Zinex
    IMG_6511.jpg

NauticFish 1000m cosc
    IMG_6512.jpg

Thanks for looking

Regards
    G

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭MrSparkle

Arrived into work this morning to this. Sorry for crappy pix, just taken with HTC HD2. Picked it up brand new from a jewellers in the UK (http://www.andrewmichaels.co.uk/) that ships to Ireland. They do Tag Heuer, Mont Blanc, Bell&Ross etc if anyone is looking for good deals.

It's one of my grail watches so very happy to get my hands on it!

Technical details about the watch here:
    http://www.breitlingsource.com/watch_details/Limited_190.html

IMAG1004-1.jpg?t=1291803077

Alongside one of my daily beaters GX56-1A

IMAG1014.jpg?1291810111

COSC Cert
    IMAG1001.jpg?1291803688

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

The watch that was presented to my grandfather for 25 years of service in his job. When it came into my possesion and it was in a sad condition, but here it is serviced and with a polished crystal and new strap. It is a late 60's Longines Ultra-Chron cal431 high beat which runs at 36,000 bph. In it's day it was reckoned to be the most accurate watch, losing about 1 second per day.

DSC01546.jpg

Being a fan of vintage Longines niiiiiice. Very.

Really need a new camera, phone pictures will have to do in above post.

Breitling Super Avenger Blacksteel
    Lum-Tec A14 - http://www.lum-tec.com/media/gallery/A14-water-2.jpg
    Seiko Orange Monster
    G-Shock GX56-1A
    3 Fossils
    Seiko Velatura Kinetic SRH005

IMAG1023.jpg?1291899259

These two are not my photos
    SeikoVelaturaSRH005a.jpg?1291899562SeikoVelaturaSRH005b.jpg?t=1291899562

Wrist/Arm Shot!
    IMAG1024.jpg?1291899806

G-Shock GX56-1A Stock Photo

casio-g-shock-gx56-1a.jpg

Taking a break from buying watches for a while but hopefully can get either of these down the line:

TAG Heuer Grand Carrera Calibre 17 RS2 Chronograph
    Rolex Daytona SS Black Dial

Maybe Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Compressor Extreme LAB 2 if I win the lotto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭corpo3030

Just a quick question Mr Sparkle? How do you find you G-Shock GX? I've been thinking about getting one myself, bit of a G-Shock fan, how does it wear? Excellent collection by the way.

corpo3030 wrote: »
    Just a quick question Mr Sparkle? How do you find you G-Shock GX? I've been thinking about getting one myself, bit of a G-Shock fan, how does it wear? Excellent collection by the way.

Thanks Corpo3030, it's an expensive hobby to have!

I really like wearing this one, I have to say though, it's massive(55,5 mm x 53,6 mm x 17,5 mm) and it can be a little annoying getting stuck putting on a coat. It's nice and lightweight though and I love the look of it. It's great wearing it around work as you don't even feel it on your wrist and I'm not worried about damaging it like my other watches.

I'd try it on first before you buy it if you can due to the size of it(I like the size of it, others might not). Some of the new extra large size G-Shocks are great, had a hard time choosing between http://www.g-shock.eu/euro/lineup/gd-100-1ber/ and http://www.g-shock.eu/euro/lineup/ga-100-1a4er/ and the GX56-1A. The all look great in the "flesh."
    If you've any more questions let me know.

Not sure where in Ireland would have a big selection of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭corpo3030

Thanks for the advice, you're right about finding a shop that actually has one in stock, I think it'll be amazon or ebay for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Here's a pic of my "seethrough" watch

138978.jpg

other than by the visible "tic-toc" bit, I'm particularly fascinated by the different textures/materials on the watchface

138993.JPG

btw ...the watch is white, it's just the light that was poor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

An Orient at last!

I have this one:

30.png

I got this 2yrs ago, keeps reasonably good time, and has a see through back. Could do with a fresh strap, but I can't find one that will definitel fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

So I added a couple of fine new watches to the collection lately

Firstly this Fossil

FS4500_main?op_sharpen=1&rgn=0,0,2000,2000&scl=4.761904761904762&id=2bk3R33KOcQUvKcAtdxBI3

And then another one

FS4357_main?op_sharpen=1&rgn=0,0,2000,2000&scl=4.761904761904762&id=2-hyX2HCej1ZsP7pMLqv17

And finally my new pride and joy a Torino Lamborghini Mesh watch with swiss movement

toninolamborghini_43389.jpg

Currently have the leather strap for it, but will change to the metal one once they send me the links (its too small otherwise)

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

so Santa came to town this xmas... :D

10cq4i1.jpg

Santa came for me too, only the bastard forgot the new camera so apologies for the crap phone pics.

First up is an Alpina issued wristwatch for the WW2 German navy, the Kriegsmarine. 30mm, nickel plated brass case, fixed springbars. Got a nice little bargain on that one. Ignore the strap, t'was the only open ended 16mm I had. Will replace with honey leather coloured one.

141928.png

Second. Well everyone seems to have a chrono of some nature in their collection, if not the whole collection itself, so figured I should have at least one, preferably handwound. I did think of the omega speedmaster, more precisely a 65 vintage one I had my eye on with the actual movement that went to the moon(unlike the later one that claimed same on the caseback). Then I thought meh, while a gorgeous watch they're also relatively common, still being made today and their value is pretty stable over time and unlikely to climb much, even for a "proper" 60's one. So I looked around and went back through my "keep an eye on" list and went for this one. It really helped the price was very good on an already (IMHO) criminally undervalued vintage issued watch. Even more so considering the name on the dial.

141929.png

Heuer Bundeswehr from the 60's(very early serial). Issued to the Luftwaffe(German theme today:)) until the mid 80's. It was one of the designs Heuer took from Leonidas when the companies merged. Much influenced Sinn and Damasko later on. The former took over maintenance on these watches for the luftwaffe. Uses a modified Valjoux Calibre 23(230) to make it a flyback chronograph. Movement also hacks, IE it stops when the crown is pulled to set the time. Handwound. Movement held into case by 4 screws. Large watch too. 43mm minus crown/lugs.

Again sorry for the crap photos, will try to take better ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

I realise that I've been neglecting this place.

1a.JPG
    2.JPG

13072010.JPG
    29102010.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Nolimits

I dont think I've posted in here so may as well

Stowa Icarus Blued hands
    stowa4952592.jpg

Orient 60th Anniversary
    16112010217.jpg

mailgooglecom2490559249.jpg

G-Shock Wavecepter

mailgooglecom3801476.jpg

Seiko 5 sports
    mailgooglecom8435090844.jpg

Maurice Laxroix Miros diver
    mailgooglecom7339949734.jpg
    mailgooglecom7397635740.jpg

Glycine Stratoforte
    mailgooglecom1708198171.jpg

Tag 2000
    mailgooglecom9381001938.jpg

I also have a couple more seiko 5s that I dont have pictures for and an Orange Monster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Finally got my Moonwatch for my 30th in November.
    It only took 5 bloody years :rolleyes:

1000000859263_2.jpg

* not my pic.

i love that omega

• Advertisement

Ditto. I was so tempted to get an omega speedy recently, but couldnt find one of the original pre professional(pre 66) dialed ones. Well either they were mad money or of dubious birth. Gorge watch though. Weird it doesnt have a hacking movement though. They're among the best and easiest to read chronos ever made IMHO. No dates or moon phases or mad calculator gradations etc. You can actually read the time on them. It's one reason I never warmed to Brietlings(except for some nice early ones) and many of the TAG's. Never mind working out my remaining fuel and whether I have a shot with the swedish hostess, being able to read the time would be nice :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement