Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

how did you even hear about them?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

how did you even hear about them?

They have a mile long thread on watchuseek (affordables forum) and I already have one of their P52 watches.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

That's a cracker of a watch there peasant

TbL

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

peasant wrote: »
    it's paid for ...but not shipped yet ...

probably another week or two before I'll get my paws on it

...anti-ci-pation...

any details on the strap?
    I'm looking to get a brown leather one, and i'm not sure what the included one is.

The included strap is supposed to be a black Diloy with white stitching ...not the one in the picture.

That's one of the problems with Gerlach ...they are busy doing several projects at once and dripfeeding info about those on several forums - the last thing they update is their (rather poor) website

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

well its been ordered - so now we play the waiting game - i ordered their Type F strap too

There goes my exclusivity :rolleyes:

this is for my brother, but i'll see can i get a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

I ordered this last week and it was at my desk when I came into work today :)

It's a Steinhart Military Black, I'm sure that looking at this thread over the last year has influenced me, my taste and knowledge of watches out there.

The colours in the photo are slightly off, but all I can say is that it looks like a great piece of metal in real life.

DSC_0118_zps11e6f2b8.jpg

DSC_0123_zpsbe4a181f.jpg

DSC_0124_zps2f8685dd.jpg

I ordered this last week and it was at my desk when I came into work today :)

It's a Steinhart Military Black, I'm sure that looking at this thread over the last year has influenced me, my taste and knowledge of watches out there.

The colours in the photo are slightly off, but all I can say is that it looks like a great piece of metal in real life.

Never seen one of them...where did ya order

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

Never seen one of them...where did ya order

Just off Steinhart's website. It was under the 'Military' section in the tabs, but that section has now disappeared mysteriously in the last week, the watch can still be found in the 'Gallery', but sold out, along with most of the rest of their watches!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

very nice LandofLemon....never thought of looking in that section. I like that

blindsider wrote: »
    Thanks Lex - look forward to seeing it!

as promised

IMG_1482.jpg

IMG_1480.jpg

IMG_1478.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭blindsider

...and d'you know, I was only thinking of it! That strap looks nice alright - it's the way to go. As you say, the original doesn't look great, and I'd say it doesn't wear well.

Thanks again for taking the time to post the pics with the (far nicer) leather strap!

I haven't pulled the triiger yet - it's £70 on Amazon - it was £58!:(

I've tried Flubit, but they can't compete as the seller is not UK-based.

It's sold out on Creationwatches....any ideas?

I think I'd rather pay a little more for a more 'local' seller - am I right?

...and d'you know, I was only thinking of it! That strap looks nice alright - it's the way to go. As you say, the original doesn't look great, and I'd say it doesn't wear well.

Thanks again for taking the time to post the pics with the (far nicer) leather strap!

I haven't pulled the triiger yet - it's £70 on Amazon - it was £58!:(

I've tried Flubit, but they can't compete as the seller is not UK-based.

It's sold out on Creationwatches....any ideas?

I think I'd rather pay a little more for a more 'local' seller - am I right?

I got mine on Amazon from Class A Watches
    £35 plus £10 shipping using parcel motel

I think what I did was put one on my wish list and every now and again you get an email with reduced price

I noticed a few times before I pulled the trigger CLASS A WATCHES sold their last few for this price that I paid when they were down to about 3 in stock

They are 5 in stock now so I would keep watching...best of luck

Thanks lex - I'll keep an eye out - not sure I can justify £70+ - £50 is more like it.

Ah well, the best things come to those who wait!

Thanks lex - I'll keep an eye out - not sure I can justify £70+ - £50 is more like it.

Ah well, the best things come to those who wait!

type snk803 into ebay uk and you'll get a few hits from Singapore sellers with free postage for £50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Just off Steinhart's website. It was under the 'Military' section in the tabs, but that section has now disappeared mysteriously in the last week, the watch can still be found in the 'Gallery', but sold out, along with most of the rest of their watches!

There's a nice looking one on ebay at the moment, currently at €180

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

A quick (poor!) snap of what's just after arriving - wasn't expecting the 'flight case' box

DSC_5022.jpg

EDIT: Slightly better one of watch

DSC_5024.JPG

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

thats lovely :cool:

• Advertisement

Absolutely lovely watch - it's very elegant and refined, and I'm sure the build quality is all you could expect.

Hope you enjoy it for a long time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

A quick (poor!) snap of what's just after arriving - wasn't expecting the 'flight case' box

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-MNVzbrIqWPg/Ub9QIzJaFYI/AAAAAAAABXE/2mXU_lXI--k/s800/DSC_5024.JPG

EDIT: Slightly better one of watch
    thats a beauty !!

do you mind me asking how much it cost ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

the_monkey wrote: »
    do you mind me asking how much it cost ?

Thanks - it was €570 + €24 for Fedex delivery(no other option)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Thanks - it was €570 + €24 for Fedex delivery(no other option)

Nice one !!

I might just treat myself, I love those classic watches - and that one just has something about it ... the font, the "made in Germany" .... classic

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭jh79

My modest collection so far

258917.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

This arrived last week but I have not had a chance to wear it because the strap it comes with is quite stiff. It's a good quality strap but I don't understand why a company would fit a strap that needs breaking in on a dress watch, a new strap is on the way.

Seiko SARB065

DSC06108_zpsea294911.jpg

Love the dial on that KH, watched the youtube clip of it and its cool the way the light catches it at different angles
    The blue seconds hand add a really nice touch aswell
    Can I ask where you got it and what you parted for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭Ryath

I'm still blaming you lot for getting me into this. Had a hankering for a watch with an exhibition back since I got into this. Have been looking for a budget Flieger watch for a good while now but any that are in my budget are a compromise on what I want. So plan now is to save a bit more and get a steinhart or maybe a stowa or laco in the long term(will stay looking for budget option though maybe one will appear). So I started looking around for other options as I had no watch with a leather strap for casual wear. Been humming and hawing over all the usual suspects getting another Seiko,peasants russians and poles and a few of the other Parnis and asian options

Had seen the Getat Pan homages a good while ago and they have slowly grown on me, come to realize it ticks a good few things I like in a watch. Like chunky watches that look slightly different and wide leather bands. So the postman arrived with this this morning much quicker than expected. Had read some stories on WUS about Getat being very slow could be a month or two just you will get it eventually. Ordered on the 2nd June they did take four days to get back to me looking for payment but overall 17 days coming from Hong Kong was very good with a watch made to order I thought.

I'm very impressed love the look of. For the it price the quality is very good the case and strap seem very well made and the movement to my eye is a thing of beauty. Quite pleased I went for the blue hands. Went for the sappire upgrade assume it has no anti reflective coating so it does distort and reflect a bit depending on the angle. If I was being picky dial does have a tiny spec or two of dust on it and lume at 8o'clock has a tiny gap or hole in it.

Still undecided if I made a mistake ordering the bigger buckle I do like the look of it but it possibly goes better with the bigger case watches. Probably would be fine on someone with larger wrists where it would sit more under the wrist but on my skinny wrists the buckle does come around the side a bit. Over all I'm very happy and there is good chance I'll get another getat with a different case and dial. Tempted now as he has 10% of now as he is on holidays would be over a month this time I'm sure. With out the upgrade to saphire and the buckle some of them are very cheap.

hpsr.jpg inbv.jpg uwwz.jpg

lrav.jpg 4wza.jpg

ancz.jpg

[QUOTE=Ryath;85157721

[/QUOTE]

there are a couple of the for sale on here...have a look at the 1st stickie on the forum..."Selling or Swapping Watches"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Got myself a new Seiko M-8 Automatic today, not from the new range but I liked it.
    It's a 4R39A 24 Jewel, SARY024 model. Sorry for the bad pics but I was using my phone to take them. Happy enough with the price, managed to bargain them down to 29,280 Yen and got a worldwide guarantee, think a good haggler could have gotten more but I'm useless at it.

IMG_20130623_214648_zpsbead39a0.jpg

IMG_20130623_214842_zpsb57d30e4.jpg

IMG_20130623_214915_zps93b5dced.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement