Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

This is it wrote: »
    Bit early for that! :D
    Only if you never went to sleep the previous night.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

I'll drink to that.

I love that Poljot

Milguass, again :)

IMG-20201007-101842.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

hitemfrank wrote: »
    Milguass, again :)

Gorgeous watch. Does it get noticed by people?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

Fitz II wrote: »
    I will just point out again that I dont wear this wallclock, because its a wall clock.:p. I dont drive around in my model cars either. Cycling tourist tried to invade Poland with his model tanks once and it didnt go well.

Who would ever wear a Rolex wall clock :P

528528.jpg

• Advertisement

Cycling tourist tried to invade Poland with his model tanks once and it didnt go well.

Not me, I'm a pedalling pilgrim. Must be Wibbs, he's the guy with all the models.

528532.JPG

Gorgeous watch. Does it get noticed by people?

I'm only back in the office this week and one person noticed it yesterday. He's spotted it when I just walked by his desk. He was then showing me his no date black Submariner.

I have to say, having seen one up close I'm underwhelmed. It just does nothing for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,890 ✭✭✭✭unkel

If you want a Rolex but don't really know much about them, it's the default choice. Great watch but just a bit dull and common.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,706 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

to be honest if i could only have one watch it would probably be a ND sub, goes with everything, brilliant bracelet, comfortable,

but i get its a pretty uninspiring choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Cyrus wrote: »
    to be honest if i could only have one watch it would probably be a ND sub, goes with everything, brilliant bracelet, comfortable,

but i get its a pretty uninspiring choice!

I think I might come across as unfair on the Sub, its a shockingly effective watch. Its got brand, quality, durability, design, history, good looks, recognisability, its expensive, its got residual value often more than you paid. I think its the fact its such a safe choice, such a one and done watch that its easy knock it as being boring and uninspiring, Its the BMW 520d of the watch world, 893bet said it to me, its reliable, comfortable, safe, reassuringly expensive, good to use, ubiquitous and sterile. Its above criticism really.

• Advertisement

BMW 520d of the watch world

I'm getting to a stage in my life that I might actually buy a 520d, in estate no less. Or an A4 or A6 Avant oil burner.

Dammit, I'm getting old :(

Make mine a Surly Long Haul Trucker.

https://surlybikes.com/bikes/long_haul_trucker

• Registered Users Posts: 8,767 ✭✭✭893bet

oxocube wrote: »
    I'm getting to a stage in my life that I might actually buy a 520d, in estate no less. Or an A4 or A6 Avant oil burner.

An estate?

Plenty of room in the back for the Zimmer frame....

893bet wrote: »
    An estate?

Plenty of room in the back for the Zimmer frame....

Yep, I find I need a haul a lot more stuff these days. No foreign holidays mean that I'm carting everything including the kitchen sink all around Ireland.

I think I might come across as unfair on the Sub, its a shockingly effective watch. Its got brand, quality, durability, design, history, good looks, recognisability, its expensive, its got residual value often more than you paid. I think its the fact its such a safe choice, such a one and done watch that its easy knock it as being boring and uninspiring, Its the BMW 520d of the watch world, 893bet said it to me, its reliable, comfortable, safe, reassuringly expensive, good to use, ubiquitous and sterile. Its above criticism really.

Exactly. I would never buy a BMW 520d either. Or any diesel car for that matter. Unless I could sell it the next day for a 25% profit :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

oxocube wrote: »

Ah go the full hog and buy a LWB land rover or land cruiser. Put the kitchen sink in it and you can tax it as a camper. You'll burn twice as much diesel per mile and see a lot more of the countryside as you drive.

Just seen on today's news that VRT is going up by as much as 6k on new cars, what's that about, brexit?

Anyway, back on topic, today it's the Damasko, Mrs. B is wearing the Seiko turtle:eek:

528546.jpg

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

unkel wrote: »
    Exactly. I would never buy a BMW 520d either. Or any diesel car for that matter. Unless I could sell it the next day for a 25% profit :pac:

Only if you have spent engouh in the dealer on other cars for them to sell it to you below market value. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

Another Seiko Recraft

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭Homer

Finally got a few pics of the Tudor GMT. Might swap it out for the strap or order something for it, like the recommendation Sparrowcar sent me earlier from Watchgecko

51056051_1225255197623628_2572794420868939776_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=2c4854&_nc_ohc=wOxyk2TSADYAX8fSIeS&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=eaced9b706c4ebec1352ca53388a9a05&oe=5FA4DFF7

2020-10-07-0003.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

That is one handsome watch Homer, well wear!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,503 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Aww Man, Homer that watch is bloody lovely!

I have had a grá for a Tudor for a while and was/am seriously considering a Harrods as my next "big" purchase. Then the Blackbay blue came out and that has me wavering in that direction.

I've seen the GMT in the flesh in Weirs, but I have never seen it look as good as you have captured in those pics!
    Dammit, now I'm back to square one and considering ditching the recently acquired steinhart pepsi to get a Tudor pepsi GMT :pac:

banie01 wrote: »
    Aww Man, Homer that watch is bloody lovely!

I have had a grá for a Tudor for a while and was/am seriously considering a Harrods as my next "big" purchase. Then the Blackbay blue came out and that has me wavering in that direction.

I've seen the GMT in the flesh in Weirs, but I have never seen it look as good as you have captured in those pics!
    Dammit, now I'm back to square one and considering ditching the recently acquired steinhart pepsi to get a Tudor pepsi GMT :pac:

There is one on Sale Corner of TZ.co.uk at the moment for a very good price £2240 GBP with 9 straps (no bracelet) and willing to accept trades up to 1000 pounds.

In Decathlon today trying decide whether to buy another bike or another watch. At the moment the bike's winning.

528580.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,418 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

In Decathlon today trying decide whether to buy another bike or another watch. At the moment the bike's winning.
    snip

Buy a new camera first :pac:

Buy a new camera first :pac:

Took that one on my phone as I hadn't brought my camera. The watch is my Steinhart Ocean 39 Sub(stitute) which cost about the same as that bike.

So cool on the red leather. Great thing about the Tudors is that they look better off the bracelet. Many of them don't even come with a bracelet as standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭redlead

In Decathlon today trying decide whether to buy another bike or another watch.

I had the same dilemma of sorts this week and went the bike route except with a smart turbo. Works out damn expensive when you add everything up. Best prioritise your healthy hobby though ;-)

The problem is I can't stop thinking about that snoopy speedie now! Out of my league but I'll have to get something nice in the new year. Decisions, decisions...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Homer wrote: »
    Finally got a few pics of the Tudor GMT. Might swap it out for the strap or order something for it, like the recommendation Sparrowcar sent me earlier from Watchgecko

That middle pic in the top row, where is that strap from/what’s it called??

Fantastic pics too, lovely watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭Homer

C0N0R wrote: »
    That middle pic in the top row, where is that strap from/what’s it called??

Fantastic pics too, lovely watch.

Its a Hirsch Carbon strap 20mm.. should set you back about €50

Hi-Carbon-roN-schw20.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Rocking the Mark II on a classic leather strap acquired through the generosity of this parish.
    qHneXn.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement