Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭893bet

Continuing my trend towards thinner three handers.

Nomos ahoi atlantik

239pvk.jpg

Blnr is close to the chop, it is irritating that it is recognisable from 100 yards and screams Rolex.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

Very very nice 893, lovely watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Got the Master Mariner back, and a nice vintage look leather strap
    Pleased with it.
    mzGCsy.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Dont drink and shop for watches or you will end up like me.....GMT II ceramic enters the collection, lovely watch, Milgauss out.

tUwZoyRl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,460 ✭✭✭micks_address

893bet wrote: »

Nomos ahoi atlantik

SNIP as per thread title.

Blnr is close to the chop, it is irritating that it is recognisable from 100 yards and screams Rolex.
    Can I have the bnlr? 0 percent finance over 15 years please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Dont drink and shop for watches or you will end up like me.....GMT II ceramic enters the collection, lovely watch, Milgauss out.

tUwZoyRl.jpg

Nice one

Best in the gmt range imo !

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Gavin1

Nomos ahoi atlantik

SNIP. NO quoting pics as per title.

Well,what is it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Nomos ahoi atlantik

Very nice, I assume it's not the €7 one. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Ionised

Timex had these back in stock for 24 hours. Hard to resist.

IMG-20190629-124315.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Would you consider the all-black one (like the one just posted) instead? More subtle and should leave you with a decent chunk of change.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

I never get people commenting on my watches :(, but if its annoying you bail out of the BNLR now, I think its at peak price or close to it at the moment, however its a super cool watch and super desirable. Wear it with pride, its a F off piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I never get people commenting on my watches :(, but if its annoying you bail out of the BNLR now, I think its at peak price or close to it at the moment, however its a super cool watch and super desirable. Wear it with pride, its a F off piece.

I don't think watches get many comments from people unless it's a sub or a datejust style.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

My urge to get my - current - dream watch (GMT-II) is super high right now, I wonder why :pac:

WHat do you reckon a tutrle padi is worth in condition 1 second hand, I may offload mine?

I got 300 cash for mine in a face to face sale off adverts last year. Without a mark except some swirls to clasp. All links, box, papers OEM strap and I threw in a crafter blue fitted strap I'd bought for it.

Cienciano wrote: »
    I don't think watches get many comments from people unless it's a sub or a datejust style.

Theres a sprinkling of watch geeks around who have remarked on my GS Snowflake. Actually that usually leads to a good chat about watches. Like, if you can ID that on the wrist forvwhat it is you're probably into watches generally.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

ecoli3136 wrote: »
    Theres a sprinkling of watch geeks around who have remarked on my GS Snowflake. Actually that usually leads to a good chat about watches. Like, if you can ID that on the wrist forvwhat it is you're probably into watches generally.

My pelagos got spotted by a TSA agent in the US - surprised at that until he showed me his fifty fathoms :eek:

My Omega Speedmaster piqued a Chinese person's interest until he found out the price - "oh it's one of the cheaper ones" :D - they love the gold and diamond Constellation series in China :p

Eoin wrote: »
    Would you consider the all-black one (like the one just posted) instead? More subtle and should leave you with a decent chunk of change.

Prob not. All Rolex divers are pretty distinctive.

I never get people commenting on my watches.

Nor do but with that piece you certainly do get more double takes and I am not comfortable with those from strangers.

but if its annoying you bail out of the BNLR now, I think its at peak price or close to it at the moment, however its a super cool watch and super desirable. Wear it with pride, its a F off piece.

I may end up keeping it as it is a difficult sell due to value in Ireland as cant ship.

If WF open here I may be able to do a trade though if makes some sense. They have a couple of pieces that I have been eyeing. Hard to see them taking enough of both sides of the deal to interest me though.

Gavin1 wrote: »
    Well,what is it like?

Its stunning. Better than the image suggests!

I thought it would push my stowa to the door but not so sure still!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Cienciano wrote: »
    +1. Of the watches I've had down the years these two are about the only ones that have garnered any semi regular comments from "civilians", with the rare comment on one of my Trench watches and a couple of nods from watch geeks over my Heuer BUND.

1930's Zenith for pilots.
    484122.jpg

1975 LIP Roger Tallon.
    484123.jpg

The top one tends to get the "Cool, steampunk!" thing(and they assume it's modern or "Victorian"), the bottom one gets WTF? :D With funny enough a fair few asking if they can get one. I've never owned a "proper" Rolex tool watch and back in the day when I had a couple of very early Oysters and bubblebacks I got nada. Well once an early Oyster got a nod from a chap who asked what it was and I told him, only for him to say "doesn't look like a Rolex to me". :D

Though once I happened to be in a pretty big meeting in an office as a sideline bit player(I was the only one not in a suit) where there was an array of Rolex, Breitling, IWC and TAG on show and in a break in proceedings a couple of them got onto watches, which I have never before or since experienced. One chap asked about the above Zenith(it's a big bastid and hard to miss) and I gave him the background(technical and familial) and suddenly I was one of the bigger willies in the room. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

@Wibbs: That LIP is a design classic, but doesn't appeal to me at all.

A lovely curiosity, but very limited appeal, I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

IMG-20190702-114723.jpg

Needs a bit of a clean.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Lorddrakul wrote: »
    @Wibbs: That LIP is a design classic, but doesn't appeal to me at all.

A lovely curiosity, but very limited appeal, I'd imagine.
    Oh I hear you. Oddly enough L, while the vast majority of watch aficionados wouldn't like it at all(beyond as you say historical/curiosity value) non watch folks are far more likely to like it and comment on it. The majority would be under 30 I'd reckon and quite a percentage would be women. It seems to trigger the same thing the "fashion" watch brands do, many of which are large watches with quirky designs. To be fair the fashion brands fire out more new designs in a year than the big names put out in decades. I've been asked is it a Fossil a few times. When I tell people it's 40 years old they're surprised. If I wear it for a week, I'd be near guaranteed to have one or two positive comments on it and a fair few will then ask where they might get one. If I were going for attention, no other watch I've ever owned comes close to the attention it can get.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

The LIP watch is nice. Im Going to France on hols and was wondering what to bring back, they have some very nice watches, at a decent pricerallye-blue-ring-38-mm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Pablo_Flox wrote: »
    SNIP

Needs a bit of a clean.
    A Chinese SMAEL watch I purchased recently. I don't know why anyone would think they're a copy!

20190702-190628.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

00000-PORTRAIT-00000-BURST20190703213613509.jpg

Serves a purpose!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Jude13

528f96ac-409e-4985-8964-bfc255554cd7-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Not mine on my wrist, some day maybe, mine is back right.

2u6z1qx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    Wearing my crusty zakaz komandirskie today

Unusual case for a Komandirskie. Very distinctive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Lorddrakul wrote: »
    Unusual case for a Komandirskie. Very distinctive.

I actually have 2 zakaz Komandirskies that use this case. Its on the small side for a Komandirski but theres just something about it that I love

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement