Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 176 ✭✭The_Guvnor

Double post. Apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭wally79

893bet wrote: »
    You know you have a problem when you buy the same watch a second time cos you like the blue hands.......

*SNIP*

I’m not really a watch enthusiast but these look lovely. What model are they?

Casio Duro MDV106-1A. One of my personal favourites in my collection. I highly recommend this piece to anyone.
    Honestly wearing this piece gives me the same pleasure as one of my high-end pieces.
    Many thanks to Wibbs for help posting the picture. Regards.

men_s_casio_duro_200_diver_s_watch_mdv106_1av_10.jpg

wally79 wrote: »
    I’m not really a watch enthusiast but these look lovely. What model are they?

Antea Klassik 390.
    Excellent quality/value German made pieces. The ETA 2892A2 movement is lovely too.
    https://www.stowa.de/en/Antea+Klassik+390.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭wally79

Antea Klassik 390.
    Excellent quality/value German made pieces. The ETA 2892A2 movement is lovely too.
    https://www.stowa.de/en/Antea+Klassik+390.htm

Thanks for that

Shame they have updated the logo

• Advertisement

wally79 wrote: »
    Thanks for that

Shame they have updated the logo

Agreed, the original logo looks much better.
    I prefer the current Tudor shield logo rather than the original rose one on the Black Bay though; so sometimes brands get it right.
    Glycine are another brand that should have left their logo alone though; now it looks like an Armani one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Casio Duro MDV106-1A. One of my personal favourites in my collection. I highly recommend this piece to anyone.
    Honestly wearing this piece gives me the same pleasure as one of my high-end pieces.
    Many thanks to Wibbs for help posting the picture. Regards.

Only time I've seen one of my own watched posted in here, love it, gets more comments than my 'nicer' watches by far.

hots wrote: »
    Only time I've seen one of my own watched posted in here, love it, gets more comments than my 'nicer' watches by far.

I find the same. It's ironic that a Casio dive watch gets more attention than a Rolex one; but it's true in reality. The 25 Euro Sekonda I had was the piece out of all my pieces over the years that got the most attention. From watch guys to people that had no interest in watches whatsoever.
    The Casio is a great choice, wear yours in good health. Regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭893bet

Tool watch (as in I am a tool and forgot to take it off when I came home).

2rmqseq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Every watch is a tool and I think we are tools for starting to collect the ****ers.
    Beast of a watch though John
    Do you wear it daily ?

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Every watch is a tool and I think we are tools for starting to collect the ****ers.
    Beast of a watch though John
    Do you wear it daily ?

Wear it in rotation (but it gets probably 50% of wrist time). Made to wear. No point admiring it on the side locker!

893bet wrote: »
    Wear it in rotation (but it gets probably 50% of wrist time). Made to wear. No point admiring it on the side locker!

Good man, no point having them and not wearing them and that’s one to wear
    I know a fella that bought a planet ocean and keeps it in the safe unworn and wears a Raymond Weil

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

My latest, Junghan's Meister Pilot.

Was tossing up between the more "correct" heritage look of a brushed bezel but really liked the dial on this later model, which fades out to a smokey blue. The black bezel will mean I wear it more regularly too, which is what I was looking for, something to wear daily

2i1fplc.jpg

mug4lz.jpg

Lots of nice detail about this watch - the chrono dials are inverted bowls and the back is a really unusual bowl shape itself which oddly helps the watch sit well though it is very high overall, which is I think the watch's main drawback. The scalloped bezel though is lovely, a magnet for caressing fingers. Doesn't click but, so far anyway, offers perfect smooth resistance. Anyhow, very happy with it! :)

If only I had one of these
    Can’t believe it fetched a million

art wrote: »
    My latest, Junghan's Meister Pilot.

Was tossing up between the more "correct" heritage look of a brushed bezel but really liked the dial on this later model, which fades out to a smokey blue. The black bezel will mean I wear it more regularly too, which is what I was looking for, something to wear daily

*SNIP* NO quoting pics. It's in the title as plain as day

Lots of nice detail about this watch - the chrono dials are inverted bowls and the back is a really unusual bowl shape itself which oddly helps the watch sit well though it is very high overall, which is I think the watch's main drawback. The scalloped bezel though is lovely, a magnet for caressing fingers. Doesn't click but, so far anyway, offers perfect smooth resistance. Anyhow, very happy with it! :)

Interesting piece. I like the chrono dials. They remind me of the Speedmaster '57 reissue. Wear it in good health.
    https://www.omegawatches.com/watches/speedmaster/speedmaster-57/product

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

How about keeping the thread on topic; and posting one of your pieces?
    No offence implied, but we can all post pictures of, if only I had one..
    Regards.
    1) Backseat moderation is against the rules of Boards.ie and this forum. 2) If you have a problem with a post report it.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

love wearing this Seiko daily, was halfway up the road one morning and realized I hadn’t got it on, quick U-turn :D

rsexhe.jpg

A friend who is not into watches has fallen in love with this so might be moving on already. He will appreciate it more.

Missed a lovely Nomos on TZ yesterday.

2jfc55w.jpg

Lovely piece. Wear it in good health. The Presage is excellent quality. Often overlooked, but it really shouldn't be as it offers great value.
    A versatile piece one could use as a daily or dress wear. You have great taste.

• Advertisement

@893bet lovely piece. I would keep it and sell the black hand version if I was you. Stowa have ruined their logo on the current pieces.
    I feel you will regret selling it after. But perhaps 2 of the same model is too much. Nice touch to sell to a friend though. Good feeling for both of you then. I did similar and my friend still wears my old GMT Master 2 to this very day.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

My Panerai 510, love this watch, i find it hard to be without a panerai in the collection!

33881670_423846084748592_103725444473290752_n.jpg

And wearing the GMT2C today, second time round with one of these, appreciate it a lot more this time :o

29088604_2093660680854274_7712679172375576576_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Cyrus wrote: »
    And wearing the GMT2C today, second time round with one of these, appreciate it a lot more this time :o

The BLNR (and of course the new BLRO) gets all the attention, but I have to say I much prefer that model. Love the touch of green.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

@Cyrus.

You had to bring out the big guns hey...two beauts.

My brother in law has me on the lookout for this below. He is coming home from US in few weeks.

https://www.rolex.com/watches/milgauss/m116400gv-0002.html

@Cyrus, lovely piece. I had the pre-ceramic version and loved it. Shame Rolex changed to polished rather than brushed centre links though as these are a scratch magnet. The green is a nice feature. I prefer the understated all black bezel compared to the Batman or Pepsi; great choice.
    Wear it in good health.

Cyrus wrote: »
    My Panerai 510, love this watch, i find it hard to be without a panerai in the collection!

Something about this watch I really like, I can’t stop looking at it
    Too many on my want list now and this has just joined the list
    Very nice indeed very nice

mad m wrote: »
    @Cyrus.

You had to bring out the big guns hey...two beauts.

My brother in law has me on the lookout for this below. He is coming home from US in few weeks.

https://www.rolex.com/watches/milgauss/m116400gv-0002.html

I’ve had the blue Gv twice believe it or not , it’s lovely deffo the nicest Milgauss and you’d think the blue and green wouldn’t work !

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭dsaint1

My Flightmaster using focus bracketing to capture all the detail. I see these on nato / leather all the time but I like the bracelet.

41092968030_6f9f69874e_c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

First post here, so going to make it an oldie - my mechanical Timex from ~1980 or so, which was given to me by my Dad for my communion, which I overwound at some stage, and fecked in a drawer.

Fast forward to last year, I sent it off to Tullys in Galway for a refurb and new strap, and managed to surprise both my 8 year old on his first communion recently (once I'd explained it belonged to me), and my Dad, who came for the day :)

453808.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement