Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

Ionised wrote: »
    That's lovely. Have the same but in black but your photo has the wanting back in me!

Cheers....it was the black faced version that originally caught my eye but figured I had enough black faced watches for the moment so fancied a light faced to keep a balance.....quality seems very good as many have said before of Hamilton...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

MarcusP12 wrote: »
    Hamilton khaki pilot quartz finally came today from jomashop.....thought it was small at first but it's actually a good size at 42mm....that's the Hamilton itch sorted.....

Looks bigger than 42mm...Cracker

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭carrick76

Another Hamilton......purchased last week.

385068.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Augeo wrote: »
    Finally got my hydro conquest….
    We can be hydroconquest buddies
    385087.jpg

That's nice...Hamilton really do make nice watch at a good price...

• Advertisement

I like those hydroconquests....what kind of money are they on the high street?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CloudCumulus

Since it's all men's watches, I thought I'd mix things up a little.
    I got mine in Fields two years ago. Took me a while to get used to the big face but I love it anyway.

385108.jpeg

MarcusP12 wrote: »
    I like those hydroconquests....what kind of money are they on the high street?

Hour Passion have the RRP of the Auto Chrono I got as €2000 and the outlet price was €1334. I don't know but I would guess that there would be a bit of haggle money available off that as I got 15% off. I reckon €1134 was really value.

That 15% was due to a Kildare Village "private sale" members barcode I was sent that was applicable across the outlet. Lacoste etc were giving 20% off their prices but seemed to be giving it to everyone. Hour Passion did want the barcode though.

Hour Passion were 10% off or 15% off for €1000+ prices.

I was awfully close to getting mine off SwissWatchesDirect given the recent dive in Sterling v € compared to most of 2015
    http://www.swisswatchesdirect.co.uk/watch/l3.696.4.53.6_longines_mens_watches_hydro_conquest

£1340 here
    http://www.ernestjones.co.uk/webstore/d/3448193/longines+men%27s+stainless+steel+chrome+bracelet+watch/?cmCat=OVM

£1150 here and the detail the RRP as £1450 (they detail RRP of most of the range so might well answer your query totally if you have a looksee :) )
    http://www.iconicwatches.co.uk/longines-hydroconquest-automatic-chronograph-41mm-l3-696-4-53-6.html

Fabritzo wrote: »
    We can be hydroconquest buddies

That's a beauty :) I do like blue faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

It won't be for everyone, but I like it!

It's a Breitling Airwolf. I suspect a previous owner modded it to fill in the numbers on the bezel, as I don't think it came like that.

26243304203_19ee07e47c_z.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Two recent leftfield arrivals - a Devon Tread 2 Nightmare and an ArtyA Lightning Strike. I like something a bit different :D

26848891065_9cd1890d68_b.jpg

26848890925_6aa2498d01_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,258 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

bogmanfan wrote: »
    Two recent leftfield arrivals - a Devon Tread 2 Nightmare and an ArtyA Lightning Strike. I like something a bit different :D

That Devon is pretty damn cool looking.

The price though! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Birneybau wrote: »
    That Devon is pretty damn cool looking.

The price though! :eek:

That's some serious Shekels :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CloudCumulus

That bottom pic is gorge.
    This thread is like my fetish, I love men's watches.
    Also giving some great ideas for a 30th birthday present.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

And just to bring this thread back to a realistic price point :D:P

€50 Accurist I bought from Argos. I liked the colour and the green domed crystal. It came on some rubbish brown strap but I had this stainless steel bracelet from Seiko hanging around.

I heat treated the bracelet to match the watch.

UkyqfKd.jpg

D8k4xz6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

385261.jpg

My new daily....

Eoin wrote: »
    It won't be for everyone, but I like it!

It's a Breitling Airwolf. I suspect a previous owner modded it to fill in the numbers on the bezel, as I don't think it came like that.

SNIP

I really like those.....im torn between the aerospace evo or advantage, the b1 or the airwolf.....I love the turbine back on the airwolf and b1....how do you find the airwolf? Is it a heavy unit on the wrist? Seem to be able to pick up b1s for around 1500 so I'd stomach that as a compromise to the 2000 min for an airwolf but I'd be concerned that it's just big and bulky and wouldn't be able to try before buying online. Aerospace however is nice and light yet has presence on the wrist when I tried it.....

I only picked it up from the post office today, but really like it so far. Breitling seem to do bracelets well - it's very comfortable and feels well built. The mesh bracelet on my last Breitling was also excellent.

It definitely wears big though. I think it's 43.5mm, but wears bigger than other watches I've had that size - only 1.5mm between it and my Steinhart OC1, but looks like much more. It's quite tall and heavy too; I don't think it'd get under a shirt cuff very easily. This suits me - my wrist is around 8", but the 40-42mm Breitling ana-digis may be a better option if you're concerned about it being too big.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭Homer

Since it's finally started to get a bit warmer everything is going back on rubber lol

A0C325E1-D391-4F35-8010-7FA36F370AD0.jpg

Eoin wrote: »
    I only picked it up from the post office today, but really like it so far. Breitling seem to do bracelets well - it's very comfortable and feels well built. The mesh bracelet on my last Breitling was also excellent.

It definitely wears big though. I think it's 43.5mm, but wears bigger than other watches I've had that size - only 1.5mm between it and my Steinhart OC1, but looks like much more. It's quite tall and heavy too; I don't think it'd get under a shirt cuff very easily. This suits me - my wrist is around 8", but the 40-42mm Breitling ana-digis may be a better option if you're concerned about it being too big.

Thanks for the feedback Eoin....I don't think I'd mind a heavy bulky unit as I like to rotate watches. If it was the only watch then it would be an issue I think. There's something about the B1 and Airwolf that I like....its quite distinctive and io love the turbine backcase...I might see how you feel about it again a bit further down the line when I decide to pick something up again and after you've owned it for a while.

There's a nice looking blue B1 for sale from Japan (eLady if anyone has heard of them) for $1400 minus 5% for first purchase with free international delivery. No box or papers though but for the equivalent of about 1200 euro, doesn't seem bad. I read before that the Japanese market is very good for pre-owned luxury watches as they really look after them....for 1200 it would be worth a punt if I was in the market right now....

• Advertisement

That sounds like a good price, and the B1's cleaner dial and overall less fussy look seems to make it more popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

I thought I'd add these two Breitlings to the thread .

On the left is my Headwind on a Pilot Special bracelet , bought new in 2003 .
    I also have a black Diver Pro rubber strap for it.

On the right is a Chrono Sextant from the mid 90's .
    Bought new by my uncle , he gave it to me 2 years ago .

It needed a bit of tlc , so was completely refurbished by Breitling UK , including new crystal and 18k gold rider tabs .

It feels tiny compared to my Headwind :)

385481.jpg

Edit - just noticed that the chronograph has been running for ages on the Chrono Sextant , oops :)

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

Scubadude (on an Orient strap!)

385508.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,850 ✭✭✭893bet

After not buying a watch for 6 months I let loose! Bought 4 in the two weeks. A steinhart which I moved on straight away. A Hamilton that is on route and a zenith tuning fork that is on route also!

Just robbed a guy for the below. I feel a little bad even it was such a bargain! A little big for my liking but I like the strap.

386014.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭Darwin

Went a bit mad myself too, first I got this, an Oris Williams F1 special edition:

20160326_151524.jpg

I bought it from what I think is an jewellery/antiques dealer on ebay from Germany. It was in great condition externally as I think it dates back to 2006, but it came with no papers or box. However, the date function is not working and the small subdials on the chrono are not moving either, so I will need to find somewhere to get it serviced.

Next up and inspired by another poster here who had one, I bought this:

20160515_193359.jpg

It cost a small fortune but I sold most of my small collection to fund it. This is the "Akagane" (Copper Color) edition of the MR-G and has copper coloured accents with ion plating. It definitely has a very niche appeal, but I love the chunky styling of it and is the complete opposite of the Oris in that it will always have the correct time and will never need servicing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

Fantastic watch Darwin!

I hope you're enjoying it. It looks superb. The copper looks amazing - far better than the marketing pictures would suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭Darwin

Ah cheers Fluffer, I have to blame you for my purchase :p Yes really like it so far, very light on the wrist despite its dimensions. Will have to mind it as the titanium finish shows up any kind of marks very easily.
    fluffer wrote: »
    Fantastic watch Darwin!

I hope you're enjoying it. It looks superb. The copper looks amazing - far better than the marketing pictures would suggest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭corpo3030

This is my latest, Steinhart Ocean One.500 metres WR. Titanium case and bracelet, very light compared to my other watches. Soprod A10 movement, I've been wearing it every day since I got it, it hasn't lost or gained any time which is good.

386406.jpg

Just landed!

image.jpg

• Advertisement

And this zenith hummer! Really nice!

image.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement