Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Picked up an Indy, nice watch for the money

381108.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

This just in. In much better nick than what was described and thank God there are German Ebay sellers who don't take Paypal - it keeps the riff raff away.
    L1290889.jpg

The patinaed lume on the sword hands pick out the lighter fleck in the Donegal tweed strap perfectly.

This just in. In much better nick than what was described and thank God there are German Ebay sellers who don't take Paypal - it keeps the riff raff away.

And it says what in the title of the thread? NO quoting photos.

The patinaed lume on the sword hands pick out the lighter fleck in the Donegal tweed strap perfectly.

What if it didn't turn up or wasn't working
    Wouldn't your money be lost not using PayPal ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

That is a stunner. :eek:I love the handset. Very B-Uhr.

The French and Spanish can be folks who often don't do Paypal either. As you say it limits the international sales(Americans in particular will avoid non paypal sellers).

It may be more of a pain to get refunds, but there are usually options. If by credit card it's pretty much the same as PP. Bank transfer is more longwinded, but I've known a couple of people get money back there. Like in everything, you buy the seller more than the watch. An ebay seller with lots of sales and good feedback is usually safe enough.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Got a new watch today, happy out with it, I think I have too many Seiko's at this stage though
    PPuAACz.png?1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

Clareman wrote: »
    Got a new watch today, happy out with it, I think I have too many Seiko's at this stage though

No such thing as too many watches.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Senecio wrote: »
    No such thing as too many watches.

Agreed, but I think this is my 4th Seiko Chronograph, have a Kinetic, Solar, this 1 and another "standard" 1

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Schiphol Airport has quartz Seiko Chronographs on sale at the moment for about €110. Must take a look at them this afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Ionised

Two new arrivals in the past week. Every time I log into my online banking I swear I can hear a very quiet groan (it may just be me though).

Hamilton Viewmatic

25688048853_aff4b126c3_b.jpg

Steinhart Ocean One Vintage

25684388043_6a9e064770_b.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Had to do a bit of welding earlier this week, so had to wear the BFK. I have had this just over a year on the farm now, and so far it has stood up well. Bezel is aluminium so it has a few scars.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement

dudara wrote: »
    Schiphol Airport has quartz Seiko Chronographs on sale at the moment for about €110. Must take a look at them this afternoon

Pick up a couple of nice ones and I'll buy them off you when you get back :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

blue5000 wrote: »
    Had to do a bit of welding earlier this week, so had to wear the BFK. I have had this just over a year on the farm now, and so far it has stood up well. Bezel is aluminium so it has a few scars.

Looks great blue. The scratches give it some real character.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Agreed, but I think this is my 4th Seiko Chronograph, have a Kinetic, Solar, this 1 and another "standard" 1

You still have at least one to get,;)

http://blog.dreamchrono.com/2013/11/seiko-6139-pogue/

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

The ones I can find at the moment, yes I have a problem

G9ztPDil.jpg

Pick up a couple of nice ones and I'll buy them off you when you get back :D

I'm happy to pick one up next week or at some stage of anyone wants.

I took a look on my way home this evening, but unfortunately diameter wise, they were too big for me. At least three models to choose from. If you look on Schiphol website under shopping, you can find them in the latest brochure.

I did however, see a very nice Seiko 5 automatic pilot style watch on a canvas strap, which I did buy at €150. Pic later once I'm home

Here's an official photo

snzg15k1_44_1_1.jpg

and my quick photos at home on the sofa

LmwXYHMl.jpg

gBqbv88l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

It's always a risk and I certainly, for example, would not have done the same for a seller in Italy. The advert just said that the watch ran and I was already expecting it to need a service and be out by perhaps many minutes per day, or even per hour, but actually it's keeping very good time. In the end I was prepared to risk a punt of €100 and it came good - it could easily have ended up differently.

Germany is one of the few countries where Ebay sellers don't have to offer Paypal as a mandatory payment route. There's a general mistrust of credit cards and other financial mechanisms that are perceived as having high fees (something that comes from collective memory of hyper-inflation in the twenties, apparently) and Paypal comes under that umbrella. When I first came to Berlin I got caught out a few times in restaurants and even in department stores but then, I seem to remember, that it wasn't that long ago when you couldn't pay by credit card in M&S.

It's always a risk and I certainly, for example, would not have done the same for a seller in Italy. The advert just said that the watch ran and I was already expecting it to need a service and be out by perhaps many minutes per day, or even per hour, but actually it's keeping very good time. In the end I was prepared to risk a punt of €100 and it came good - it could easily have ended up differently.

Germany is one of the few countries where Ebay sellers don't have to offer Paypal as a mandatory payment route. There's a general mistrust of credit cards and other financial mechanisms that are perceived as having high fees (something that comes from collective memory of hyper-inflation in the twenties, apparently) and Paypal comes under that umbrella. When I first came to Berlin I got caught out a few times in restaurants and even in department stores but then, I seem to remember, that it wasn't that long ago when you couldn't pay by credit card in M&S.

I recently bought an auto and it's running a minute fast an hour, tried slowing it with the screw and it's slowed it a bit
    I took a risk and it seems to have backfired lol
    Think I will just sell it on as needing a service

I guess paying bank transfer is ok with a small amount, I tend to spend €3-800 at a time so PayPal is a handy back up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

After a long hibernation I went on a bit of a spree…

Tisell flieger 43mm

7EEvFIQm.jpg
    T5bRS63m.jpg
    wbymhxnm.jpg
    LV7wtzem.jpg
    TesPRgDm.jpg

45mm Radiomir homage

xfE81lWm.jpg
    igZyXgzm.jpg
    VkCzmHum.jpg
    WD7HNr1m.jpg

Gigandet 43mm sub

dvRCRAcm.jpg
    wAL74Frm.jpg
    LzkYGjdm.jpg

Gigandet Speedtimer 44mm

4aRfh86m.jpg
    kDE9R1Am.jpg
    Q67AakBm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

This one arrived yesterday, Seiko SKXA53 nicknamed the Black Bullet because of the indices. These models were only produced between 2004-2007 and not well liked at the time because of the weird coloured chapter rings.

I ordered a new bracelet which arrived today, a Strapcode Endmill (president) bracelet with ratchet clasp.

20160426_131544_zpsx8gmcv3o.jpg

And it's orange brother which arrived a few months back.

20160425_164449_zpsykbvampj.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Ryath

mad muffin wrote: »

Tisell flieger 43mm

That Tisell flieger is class you may have finally found me my budget flieger to tide me over till I can get a Stowa. (Keep telling the wife I want one for my 40th!) How long did delivery take? Let me know if you're flipping and I'll find try and find the money! Did it come with the deployment buckle or did you replace the strap?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

mad muffin wrote: »

Gigandet Speedtimer 44mm

thats a lovely watch... it is on amazon for a good price...
    there is also this gigandet that has caught my eye.. again a good price..
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gigandet-Automatic-Aviator-Analogue-G16-003/dp/B00QFKNL2S/ref=sr_1_53?s=watch&ie=UTF8&qid=1461676056&sr=1-53&keywords=gigandet

how good is the build quality in your opinion?

thats a lovely watch... it is on amazon for a good price...
    there is also this gigandet that has caught my eye.. again a good price..
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gigandet-Automatic-Aviator-Analogue-G16-003/dp/B00QFKNL2S/ref=sr_1_53?s=watch&ie=UTF8&qid=1461676056&sr=1-53&keywords=gigandet

how good is the build quality in your opinion?

Thanks. I would look on Amazon.de much cheaper there. That's were I got mine. I got it last Christmas for €75 but they've gone up by some €10 since.

Build quality is rather excellent especially for the price. And it uses a Miyota Mecaquartz movement.

The bezel doesn't rotate on these models (not a deal breaker for me)

There's was only one problem with it and that was, it had some kind of oily haze under the crystal. Had the same problem with the black sub too. I'm far from an expert but found it fairly easy to fix myself.

Seems to be a not too uncommon problem with these according to the German forums. For the price I can't complain. The sub was €100 and it's got a Seiko NH35 automatic movement in it.

Ryath wrote: »
    That Tisell flieger is class you may have finally found me my budget flieger to tide me over till I can get a Stowa. (Keep telling the wife I want one for my 40th!) How long did delivery take? Let me know if you're flipping and I'll find try and find the money! Did it come with the deployment buckle or did you replace the strap?

Thanks. It took 6 days from South Korea. Really very fast. Don't even think it was EMS. just normal post.

It didn't come with that strap. The original strap is its only weak point in my opinion.

I've actually changed the strap again since I posted last

uhXyrvVm.jpg

IdoYtLCm.jpg

Rai1dY5m.jpg

aOoPP3dm.jpg

Finally got my hydro conquest….

384513.jpg

Cheers for pic tweek sir Wibbs :)

Another dark-side one arrived today for the collecti-on :D

https://m.imgur.com/amp2dgM,XKq5Scp,CPtpQyK,XFKYgKf

384542.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭Homer

What a great start to the weekend.. Picked this beauty up today and I love it! Couple of Nato straps will finish it off nicely

Glycine combat sub goldeneye

IMG_5344.jpg

DSC_000112.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

Hamilton khaki pilot quartz finally came today from jomashop.....thought it was small at first but it's actually a good size at 42mm....that's the Hamilton itch sorted.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Ionised

MarcusP12 wrote:
    Hamilton khaki pilot quartz finally came today from jomashop.....thought it was small at first but it's actually a good size at 42mm....that's the Hamilton itch sorted.....

That's lovely. Have the same but in black but your photo has the wanting back in me!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement