Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

It finally arrived today

163394.jpg163395.jpg

Vostok Komandirskie K-34

163397.jpg163398.jpg

Great looking watch, very happy. Nice quality details everywhere, even the strap is nice. Looks and feels a lot more expensive than it was.

Did I say that I'm very happy? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

:D

GO5.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Sweeeeeeeet watches recently:eek: I'm getting the urge to splurge...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭MrSparkle

bogmanfan wrote: »
    :D

Oh man that's gorgeous and the price for the rose gold model:eek:. I'm very jealous. The stainless steel model is gorgeous aswell. Congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

Gold in watches is not my cup of tea, but it looks amazing and probably you paid a small fortune for it! No wonder you try to balance the books by offloading so many watches at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭quattro777

My first proper watch and still one of my favorites. Swiss Army 9G-600 Valjoux 7750.

auctions005ud2.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

+1 if bedlam want to nuke you from orbit, I'll help load the missile. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Homer wrote: »
    It's actually a bricks and mortar store on Long Island outside of New York. My brother lives nearby and mailed me to say that they still had plenty of stock at the clearance price. They don't have a website unfortunately so I had to call them and get a list of all the models they had in stock, cross reference with the TX website and then mail my brother the two I wanted and he picked them up!

I actually spotted one in Duty Free in Malta yesterday but they were looking for 500 for it, that wasn't gonna happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭corpo3030

I think tz-uk has blocked new memberships too, I tried to join up recently, but couldn't, message came up forum not accepting new applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭Homer

corpo3030 wrote: »
    I think tz-uk has blocked new memberships too, I tried to join up recently, but couldn't, message came up forum not accepting new applications.

Yeah, says "creating a new account is not possible" ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

Homer wrote: »
    Yeah, says "creating a new account is not possible" ?

How 'bout creating an old one then? :D
    corpo3030 wrote: »

TBH, you're not missing much, unless you're a Panerai, Rolex & Omega fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭salad dodger

Given to me by my dad when i started in secondary school waaaay back in 1990.
    A bit battered and showing its age a bit but a few battery changes and a fixed bracelet later it still doesn't miss a beat.
    IMAG0055.jpg

Another gift from my old man.
    This time a wedding present almost three years ago.
    IMAG0056.jpg

My work watch. Not expensive but has survived chemical spills and
    being hopped off of desks, chairs, doors and so forth over the last four years or so. :)
    IMAG0057.jpg

Look what arrived today (earlier than expected!)
    The "little thing":

165061.jpg
    ohhh ...shiney :D

165062.jpg165064.jpg
    Did I mention it's only a little thing?:D All of 34 mm in diameter. But as it's mostly face, it's actually not too bad.

The strap is cheapo and very short (to be fair to the seller it wasn't even attached :D) Should I decide to make his a regular wearer it'll have to get a better strap

I'm loving it! It'll make a nice dresswatch.

For the technophiles:
    Raketa 2623.H movement (24h), handwind, 17 jewels, shock protection.
    Polished brass casing with SS back, acrylic glass.
    Waterproof ...probably not

Edit:
    already ordered a nicer (and more practical) strap
    http://www.uhrenarmband-versand.de/shop_cfg/Uhrenbandversand/DiM-1177-Oregon-braun-Uhrenarmband.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Lucked out with a good deal on a 2531 Bond Seamaster with the 1120 movement. :D

162508d1234544608-fs-omega-seamaster-automatic-2531-dsc02353.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

foxyboxer wrote: »
    Lucked out with a good deal on a 2531 Bond Seamaster with the 1120 movement. :D
    From the 'Bay? What did it cost you? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

From the 'Bay? What did it cost you? :)

€1,200 from adverts.ie

They don't come up in the full size version very often, oh but when they do!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

That's a very nice deal. Congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Hi,

First Post in this form.

Anyway heres my Aerospace, Love the watch:D. Some people dont like the digital displays but I do. Doing some clean up the other day and found the receipt and its nearly 10 years old and its never off my wrist. Longest period I have ever taken it off, is about 2 to 3 hours when I am going knee boarding or some thing like that and thats only 3 or 4 times a year. What I like about it is;

Very Light - All Titanium dont even notice its there
    Very Accurate - Two three seconds a year at most
    Clear Display - Ability to tell time at the slightest glance. A lot of Breitling's are very busy faces they have a lot going on. Too much IMHO

Thanks for letting me show off:)

EM

806B1E35B15E443D90681B496E102070-0000341644-0002406778-00800L-FF0374C050C4439AB23DF55A26BF7E4A.jpg

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Philip Watch Panama with 7750 movement. Bought this about 7 years ago on a trip to Italy.
    90bdb30f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭emo72

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Hi,

First Post in this form.

Anyway heres my Aerospace, Love the watch:D. Some people dont like the digital displays but I do. Doing some clean up the other day and found the receipt and its nearly 10 years old and its never off my wrist. Longest period I have ever taken it off, is about 2 to 3 hours when I am going knee boarding or some thing like that and thats only 3 or 4 times a year. What I like about it is;

Very Light - All Titanium dont even notice its there
    Very Accurate - Two three seconds a year at most
    Clear Display - Ability to tell time at the slightest glance. A lot of Breitling's are very busy faces they have a lot going on. Too much IMHO

Thanks for letting me show off:)

EM

806B1E35B15E443D90681B496E102070-0000341644-0002406778-00800L-FF0374C050C4439AB23DF55A26BF7E4A.jpg

you know, that watch looks nice, i never had any attraction to breitling because of the busy dials, but that one is really nice.

• Advertisement

The latest toy has arrived :)

I think sizewise it's just about appropriate for current trends, don't you think? :cool:

166221.jpg

...and if it ever stops working, I can use it as a weapon ...man, that thing is heavy

LOL. And your slagging me off for liking big watches. You could eat your dinner off that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

peasant wrote: »

I think sizewise it's just about appropriate for current trends, don't you think? :cool:

166221.jpg

...and if it ever stops working, I can use it as a weapon ...man, that thing is heavy

You should try and find a bigger bracelet with maybe a more efficient clasp, no offense intended, the clasp you have there is beautiful, it just looks.........tiring!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,823 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

For the Seiko lovers:

7A48_5000_3.jpg

One of the "gold" bars is missing from the bracelet. Would it be viable or possible to get it repaired ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭Homer

peasant wrote: »

166221.jpg

And if you ever get sick of wearing it as a watch you could get s chain and go dressed as "flava flav" for Halloween ;)

37393-drayton_william_jonathan_jr_flavor_flav_flava_flav.jpg

Reason why I bought the stopwatch (other than Spieltrieb :D)

Mechanics that the older watch enthusiast can appreciate without a loupe or even reading glasses :D

166535.jpg
    166536.jpg
    166537.jpg
    166538.jpg
    166539.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Here's my baby, a Rolex GMT Master II. Have it about 4years now.
    I find it's awful hard to wind but I haven't had to change the battery in it for agggessss. Like ECO_Mental, mines never off me.

166542.JPG

some more pics from the stopwatch:

pallet jewels engaged in position 1

166579.jpg

and in position 2

166581.jpg

or how about the hairspring fine adjustment

166582.jpg
    166583.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

Just got this in from Japan - only decent shot of it so far - tricky one to photograph - apologies for dust & glare/reflection.

o7pw0g.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

Prob my favourite at the mo...

SKZ231K1.jpg

Or this...

t011417222m.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement