Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Starting to develop a bit of a watch fetish at the moment:

I've ordered this:

31EepeEVfoL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

basically cos I've always wanted one

And will be ordering this:

41Wc2grPOzL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

and this:

41MRPFN8CVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The following are currently on my wish list

41BtID9dBCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Link

51GWgrebFkL.jpg

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Damokc

All I have at the moment....hope to get a big chunky G-Shock soon though.used to have a simple Swatch before too and loved it.just black like below but with a date function...loved that watch
    Swatch-Shiny-Colours-GB247_4931.jpg
    5943556727_e0f1c7bce8_z.jpg
    Watch Thread Boards.ie by Damien Casey, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

OK ok, my actual watch :)

Seiko Criteria Mens Chronograph Dives Watch SKK625

Seiko_SKK625_Black_001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭marcus1971

Starting to develop a bit of a watch fetish at the moment will be ordering this:

41MRPFN8CVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Why not go for the F91W, its got a bit of notoriety .
    Wouldnt want to be flying into the States wearing it tho.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casio_F91W

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

How young is too young to get the interested?
    mbbJy.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

MiCr0 wrote: »
    How young is too young to get the interested?

Tsk ...the yoof of today and their craze for oversized watches :rolleyes:

:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

This arrived while I was away - the face is blue, but that didn't come across too well in the crappy camera pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,674 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Eoin wrote: »
    This arrived while I was away - the face is blue, but that didn't come across too well in the crappy camera pic.

nice eoin

PRC200 is a handsome watch and very good VFM imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

My Planet Ocean thanks Mr. Murphy pleasure doing business and nice meeting with you. Have to say i just couldnt take my eyes off this driving back home. LOL. I even visited Omegas boutique in Brown Thomas to price a leather strap and release clasp with the view of replacing the rubber strap, I have to say I love the rubber diving strap so money saved.
    faa8c375.jpg

Eoin wrote: »

Very nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    My Planet Ocean thanks Mr. Murphy pleasure doing business and nice meeting with you. Have to say i just couldnt take my eyes off this driving back home. LOL. I even visited Omegas boutique in Brown Thomas to price a leather strap and release clasp with the view of replacing the rubber strap, I have to say I love the rubber diving strap so money saved.
    faa8c375.jpg

It was a pleasure to meet you Robert and the Po looks great on your wrist. I knew the rubber would win you over it is super comfortable too.
    Great to talk watches too.
    Ger

It was fascinating and educational talking with you Ger. I'll certainly be seeking your advice when it comes to the IWC.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

Here's another of mine, great watch, have a bit of a thing for Seiko...this needs a strap tho.
    SNL035.jpg

OK ok, my actual watch :)

Seiko Criteria Mens Chronograph Dives Watch SKK625

Seiko_SKK625_Black_001.jpg

Yellow and black is always a winner in my eyes. Very nice.

Two recent arrivals ...true Soviets from the mid to late eighties, both in stainless steel.

The watch with the caged cricket :D
    167619.jpg167620.jpg
    167621.jpg
    Sekonda branded Poljot alarm, caliber 2612.1, 18 jewels (one for the alarm hammer :D) 36 mm dia

and then ...the obiligatory Vostok Amphibian ...no tanks, no KGB, no scuba dude ...a horsey one instead :D

167622.jpg167623.jpg
    Quite a substantial watch, despite the silly graphics. Feels and wears much bigger and serious than the pics suggest.
    Vostok caliber 2416b, 31 jewels, 40 mm dia

Oh and ...both these oldies came out of their inadequate packaging (why can't people pack used watches properly?) ...one wind and they run ...and seem to keep the time as well.

Both look very nice.

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Both look very nice.

Thanks.

Yes, I was lucky ...those are the e-bay pics I bought them by:
    $(KGrHqUOKpYE3uOUYY9+BOFcbv!P(w~~0_12.JPG$(KGrHqQOKnUE3ZMYLqdCBN-nsIInMg~~0_12.JPG

especially the first one could have gone 'orribly wrong ...descriptions weren't exactly exhaustive either on both of them

And the really cool thing ...even with postage and all they cost less than one Getat watch :P

Hey big spender LOL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

I've put this on a Nato - thought the watch head would be too much for it but nope - extremely comfortable (far more so than the OEM rubber strap which is, frankly, pretty lousy). Worn suited and booted here but bought as a casual piece.

2gw5j7r.jpg

Mr. Brown has arrived :D

168051.jpg

168052.jpg

168054.jpg

Slava 2427 auto, 27 jewels, two mainsprings, date quick adjust button, 37 mm w/o crown, made in USSR so 20+ years old and other than the slightest hint of ageing on the indices and date surround there's not a mark on it ...nothing.

WOWZER !:D

Now the quest for the perfect strap begins ....

EDIT

I just HAD TO squeeze in one more pic :D
    476913d1311358775-new-arrival-slava-2427-two-tone-dial-slava-brown-006-large-.jpg

• Advertisement

That's a very cool looking watch. Love the colour on the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Mat the trasher

Just arrived today :D, unfortunatly I don't get home for another month. I'll post a couple more when I get home.

168473.jpg

The latest:DSC_0036-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭ninja 12

peasant wrote: »

$(KGrHqQOKnUE3ZMYLqdCBN-nsIInMg~~0_12.JPG

Hi ,

Is there anywhere online with some info about these watches .

I have a similar watch to this ( it's brass in colour and the crown is at 2 instead of 3 ) .

It's been in a drawer for years and I forgot about it until I saw your pic .

Thanks .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Ordered a beautiful Stowa Antea last week, it'll take a couple of months to arrive.

882L5.jpg

kRL1p.jpg

6GH6J.jpg

ninja 12 wrote: »
    Hi ,

Is there anywhere online with some info about these watches .

I have a similar watch to this ( it's brass in colour and the crown is at 2 instead of 3 ) .

It's been in a drawer for years and I forgot about it until I saw your pic .

Thanks .

That would most likely make it a Komandirskie (handwind).
    Check out watchuseek, they've got a whole forum for Russian watches and there's lots of info about Vostok Amphibias and Komandirskies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭merc3ps

This is my 1976 YEMA. It is the first vintage watch I bought and I love it :D

yema01.jpg

yema03.jpg

I bought it online, from a dealer in Canada. When it arrived it was not working so he took it back and fixed it. It then worked fine for 10 months but the jump-hour starting jumping early. I recently had it serviced locally and it is working fine again. I have just put a more suitable strap on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭merc3ps

This is my 1970's Wittnauer (Longines) Polara LED, 18K plated case and 14K plated strap. It all works, but one row of dot matrix is slightly dimmer than the others in the very right hand matrix. I love this on the wrist!

The LED lights can be a bit hard to read in bright sunshine.
    It has two batteries. You have to push the button to see the time as this early technology devoured batteries.

P1020230.jpg

P1020231.jpg

P1020233.jpg

wittnauer03.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Trampoline

My radio-controlled Citizen... Thanks Eoin & Bedlam for the help on the picture (see later posts!)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I think this should work:

168588.jpg
    URL="https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/265354/168582.JPG"]Full Size[/URL

But the photo is way too large to embed directly though - both in file size and dimension!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement