Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Definitive Limerick Restaurant and Takeaway Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,847 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Tried a takeaway from Kyoto last night. Really delicious and a nice change from Pizza:-) I had teriyaki noodles with duck, daughter had the Kyoto yaki soba and we got a tempura seafood bento to try. All really fresh, hot and tasty. Made a nice change from the usual takeaway food. Would recommend if you like Japanese. Cash only yesterday.

The 2 sushi places in Limerick are real top quality and both cheap compared to other places I have been

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

breezy1985 wrote: »
    The 2 sushi places in Limerick are real top quality and both cheap compared to other places I have been

I think the other restaurant Taichiki is closed...their website said closed till May. I usually go there for sit down meals but have to say Kyoto was very good too. And very reasonable prices!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

I think the other restaurant Taichiki is closed...their website said closed till May. I usually go there for sit down meals but have to say Kyoto was very good too. And very reasonable prices!

Strange I got takeaway from Taikichi last week. Yes you couldn't sit down, but could still go in and collect an order.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,946 ✭✭✭✭phog

They're open for takeaway only

• Registered Users Posts: 23,946 ✭✭✭✭phog

I think you're misread their notice
    Dear all valued customers, Welcome to Taikichi Limerick. We reopened on Thursday 14th of May from 12:30 - 21:30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

phog wrote: »
    I think you're misread their notice

Opps so I did! I just flash read and saw 'SORRY' and the date....lol. Anyway now I've 2 great Japanese options for next week.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AlanOB

What's the Shamrock Chinese like these days, folks? I remember it being the best of its ilk once upon a time.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

AlanOB wrote: »
    What's the Shamrock Chinese like these days, folks? I remember it being the best of its ilk once upon a time.

That the one near the Gaelic Grounds? We had a takeaway from there around Christmas time and enjoyed it a lot. I was always led to believe it was very expensive when I was younger, but it worked out quite reasonably for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭Comhrá

It's an institution at this stage. I get a takeaway there occasionally and have a sit-down meal there once or twice a year.

Always found the food tasty and very consistant. Don't ever remember getting anything I didn't like there.

That the one near the Gaelic Grounds? We had a takeaway from there around Christmas time and enjoyed it a lot. I was always led to believe it was very expensive when I was younger, but it worked out quite reasonably for us.

Back in the day when going for a Chinese was seen as fancy by Limerick standards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭adaminho

Back in the day when going for a Chinese was seen as fancy by Limerick standards

Surely it was the Autodine in Coonagh!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,689 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Memories,in the 1960s the place to go was the Hong Kong in William st and the owner lived in a flat in Roches st,i always believed it was the first chinese restaurant in limerick and i had many a fine meal inside and many a takeaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Memories,in the 1960s the place to go was the Hong Kong in William st and the owner lived in a flat in Roches st,i always believed it was the first chinese restaurant in limerick and i had many a fine meal inside and many a takeaway.

I ve been told many stories of old Limerick by a colleague including the posh nights out to the likes of the Hong Kong.

Maybe I can tell the kids in 50 years that I used go into a small room with a 1,000 other people and it was legal and considered a good night out, lol.

L-M wrote: »
    I ve been told many stories of old Limerick by a colleague including the posh nights out to the likes of the Hong Kong.

Maybe I can tell the kids in 50 years that I used go into a small room with a 1,000 other people and it was legal and considered a good night out, lol.
    Heres one to tell your kids,if someone can provide the answer.

Where was the irish owned "Chinese takeaway" in limerick,i had plenty of curries from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭adaminho

Where was the irish owned "Chinese takeaway" in limerick,i had plenty of curries from it.

Stuffins?

Jasmine Palace and Wokking are Irish owned I think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Golden Gate in Thomondgate?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 OhOhChongo

Madam Mok , seems to be a busy place and the menu is quiet extensive but our meals were not good at all the quality of the meats used was very poor. BIN.

Jasmine Palace and Wokking are Irish owned I think

I know the owner of the Jasmine,was married to a limerick girl alright but is Chinese.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Golden Gate in Thomondgate?

Dont think so,the one i am talking about was years ago in Edward st.

• Advertisement

adaminho wrote: »
    Stuffins?

Stuffins was never a chinese,in recent years they did offer curries.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Dont think so,the one i am talking about was years ago in Edward st.

By The Chaser?

i think it was owned by a woman called Earls,very good looking girl and the food as i remember was ok,it was around 50 yards from the corner of Wolf Tone st.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭VikingG

Leonita wrote: »
    Does anybody have a link for this Doco place please?

www.docopizza.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AlanOB

Update: Having tried it recently, if anything it's better than ever. Very reasonably priced, too.

VikingG wrote: »

I use instagram to contact Doco Pizza,had one two weeks ago on sat evening and it was the best ever and not expensive,i put in my order the day before,was given my time slot,drove up to the Workshop cafe in Eastway and collected the pizza,could not be easier and tasted really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Doing some work in the Annacotty Business Park at the moment and have been stopping into The Food Truck Chef on occasion. Absolutely top notch grub and sound staff. The Philly Cheese Steak is a beast of a meal and comes highly recommended!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Tim76 wrote: »
    Doing some work in the Annacotty Business Park at the moment and have been stopping into The Food Truck Chef on occasion. Absolutely top notch grub and sound staff. The Philly Cheese Steak is a beast of a meal and comes highly recommended!

+1 for here. The food is really good.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

h3000 wrote: »
    +1 for here. The food is really good.

Shhh don't want to many people finding out about this, they might end up moving out of the park😮, but on a serious note the food is really good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭sioda

Not the city but has anyone had food out in Joe and Jillys in Bunratty amazing brisket and chips for a tenner can't fault it and loads of outdoor seating as well.

Advertisement