Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Definitive Limerick Restaurant and Takeaway Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Never been but beef cheek ragu sounds amazing."

Beef cheek always tends to be amazing. Slow cooked until it melts in the mouth - must check them out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

Jane98 wrote: »
    Anyone ever eaten in or from Copia Green? Got a flyer in the mail today and food looks nice.

I've had breakfast/brunch there a few times and I love how different it is to everywhere else. There is some creativity in the menu and things you won't get anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,689 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Felt like a decent pizza this weekend so i ordered a couple on instagram from DOCO yesterday and just as well i did because there was no chance of driving in and just ordering one,hard to believe they were completely sold out before they even opened today.

The spin out to Monaleen was worth it and the fact that my pizza was ready just after i arrived appeals to me now even though i found it annoying have to order on instagram at first.

I had a nudja and my partner had a veggie and they were extremely good.I had not been out for a few weeks and had almost forgotten how good DOCO are and the dough they make is unreal.Hard to find but worth finding.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

We had DOH pizza this evening.

We decided we’d dine in the car so we’d get it just out of the oven. Oddly enough when you open the box it tells you to reheat it in an oven and also they didn’t fecking cut it lol... anyway, pulling it apart aside it was amazing. Really, really good pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Eating pizza in a car on a Saturday night, jesus is that what lockdown has come to.

I'd rather make a bit of steak at home with a beer!

• Advertisement

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Eating pizza in a car on a Saturday night, jesus is that what lockdown has come to.

I'd rather make a bit of steak at home with a beer!

Sunday’s are for steak!

We had Locke burger last week sitting in the car looking out to the river, nothing wrong with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Maybe it's just me but I hate eating in cars.

But i totally get the want to eat the food while it's fresh. I managed to do ze we ton in annacotty to home (7k past Newport) in 12 mins one night. The food was still hot getting home!

Yeah I also hate eating in cars but I also hate paying 30 euro for pizza and it be anything less than amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

I hate eating in cars as well, it's what really puts me off KC's when down in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

At least we'll be able to eat off the bonnet once the weather improves :)

• Advertisement

DOCO'S new location was good for me last saturday night 5 minutes from collection to table and i did not even have to cut it,just great.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I've cleared up the thread to get rid of some of the bickering and unnecessary links/quotes.

If you have an issue with a Restaurant/Takeaway feel free to give your feedback while keeping in line with the forum's charters and the thread guidelines. If you want to accuse businesses of being in breach of any law you will need to produce a link to a reputable news source naming the business, not similar businesses, the actual business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jimmyboy85

fair enough. Not my intnetion to hurt the company. Just what I heard from people handling it. Each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭bennyl10

well i've been inspired, DOCO it is for the weekend

support a business, dont use unsubstantiated hearsay

jimmyboy85 wrote: »
    fair enough. Not my intnetion to hurt the company. Just what I heard from people handling it. Each to their own.

Well i think you ought to explain what you mean by the phrase "just what i heard from people handling it"
    Handling what?,instead of an apology you sign off with a meaningless phrase that means nothing having made allegations that were unfounded.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    well i've been inspired, DOCO it is for the weekend

support a business, dont use unsubstantiated hearsay

A good choice but if you do not book a time slot on Instagram it is very likely you will be disappointed.

Hmmm Jimmyboy and the post that was removed was your first ever post on Boards,anyway Jimmy good luck with any ventures you might be involved in.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Leonita

Does anybody have a link for this Doco place please?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Leonita wrote: »

They are on Instagram if you have that. Don't think there is a website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,936 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Leonita wrote: »

https://www.instagram.com/docopizza/

They are not easy find online especially seeing as the first hit on google is Doh pizza

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

Reported. You obviously didn't realise you've signed into a different account.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

Has anyone tried the food from mcgettigans. I've gotten a. Few different meals from there the last few weeks and I have to say it's really good. Worth trying.

breezy1985 wrote: »
    https://www.instagram.com/docopizza/

They are not easy find online especially seeing as the first hit on google is Doh pizza

Cheers yes I could not find them on google search. I'm not on instagram so still can't see their menu. It's a pity they don't have a website.

Here’s the menu

546793.jpeg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

CosmicFool wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the food from mcgettigans. I've gotten a. Few different meals from there the last few weeks and I have to say it's really good. Worth trying.

I got wings, ribs, dressed fries and a side of mash there a few weeks ago. Very impressive. Too much for the 2 of us!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I got wings, ribs, dressed fries and a side of mash there a few weeks ago. Very impressive. Too much for the 2 of us!

OK, I'm officially a fat bastard, started reading that thinking "I could go for that except for the mash", then I saw it was for 2 people................

Collected our DOCO pizzas in Eastway and they were fantastic as usual,i love the system where you are given your time slot,you arrive and you are gone in minutes.

They are a very small outfit but must be doing something right as their total output is usually booked before they start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

Tried a takeaway from Kyoto last night. Really delicious and a nice change from Pizza:-) I had teriyaki noodles with duck, daughter had the Kyoto yaki soba and we got a tempura seafood bento to try. All really fresh, hot and tasty. Made a nice change from the usual takeaway food. Would recommend if you like Japanese. Cash only yesterday.

Advertisement