Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollaments are you a fraud

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

eagle eye wrote: »
    What does this mean? Expand please.

Okay, your arguments were both completely illogical and nonsensical. The only explanation I could come to was that you were driven by an innate need to brown nose hollaments to such an extent that you felt the need to throw logic and sense out the window.
    I decided to phrase it in a light-hearted humorous way rather than a spiteful in your face way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Very well played John! You called him out for being a fraud and he completely lived up to your beliefs with those ridiculous terms that nobody in there right minds would agree with. I think he's lost most peoples respect here especially with that astonishing attack at chubs! I bet you always knew he would reject your offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,867 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

jimbling wrote: »
    Okay, your arguments were both completely illogical and nonsensical. The only explanation I could come to was that you were driven by an innate need to brown nose hollaments to such an extent that you felt the need to throw logic and sense out the window.
    I decided to phrase it in a light-hearted humorous way rather than a spiteful in your face way.
    I don't know the guy at all. You couldn't be more wrong.

I don't know the guy at all. You couldn't be more wrong.

About what? Your illogical and nonsensical arguments or the brown nosing? :pac:
    I still can't see any other reason for your side of the argument. And note, you are the only one on that side ;)

Anyway, enough of the handbags, I was only making a joke... let's wait and see if hollaments accepts the perfectly reasonable challenge now.

jimbling wrote: »
    About what? Your illogical and nonsensical arguments or the brown nosing? :pac:
    I still can't see any other reason for your side of the argument. And note, you are the only one on that side ;)

Anyway, enough of the handbags, I was only making a joke... let's wait and see if hollaments accepts the perfectly reasonable challenge now.
    I only asked what you were saying? I am not posting regarding this thead anymore. If you want to insult people go elsewhere, I don't personally take offence to childish comments as I understand whats on the other end a lot of the time is just that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

as I read it, the original challenge was for 10 3k HU matches. no none of us think either was going to win all 10, so the money challenged was a lot less, dagunman even suggested an escrow only hold 12k each so 24k total.. So the thread is guilty of letting things spiral a bit, in that now we have hollas reply of a 90k escrow?!?

Ridic terms and conditions though.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Icarus152

Here's an idea,lets all gang up on anyone that disagrees with us.Maybe if we suggest someone is teh ghey that will really make them look stupid.

Maybe the Mods will abandon neutrality and join in.

5starpool wrote: »
    Are you hollas mother or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Paul Spillane

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

thechamp87 wrote: »
    lol @ the idea of someone not actually liking chub.

Dont know the guy but seen him around he's like a frodo baggins poker player what's not to like;)

JP Poker wrote: »
    I've accepted some stupid bets in my day but not even I would accept this.

What ever about the 2-1 odds, but if I was John I defo wouldn't accept to play this if Danny was organising the dealer. It's just open to manipulation.

If your serious about this happening I really think this condition has to go...

I've already offered my TV table you could even play this behind closed doors with everyone friends railing it in the bar.

I will supply chip, decks, dealers and will TD this if you like. I don't know either of you personally and will rule in my normal unbias manner.

It think Boyles have offered some sort of sponsorship in this thread already aswell.

+1:)

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Very well played John! You called him out for being a fraud and he completely lived up to your beliefs with those ridiculous terms that nobody in there right minds would agree with. I think he's lost most peoples respect here especially with that astonishing attack at chubs! I bet you always knew he would reject your offer.

So funny after all the stuff he was sayin about mdwexford being busto to bottle out of this, i have to say after readin his T&Cs i lol so muched i peed a little bit:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

While I think there is a slight logical leap in your reasoning I accept your conclusion is not totally without merit. I suppose only time will tell really.

It's 2 guys wrangling over the details of an essentially straightforward challenge imo.

The challenge made by John is "prove you have the b/r to play this and you're not just all talk like I think you are".

The details of that challenge are still to be determined for sure but the essential challenge remains. I accept RT's point that the terms could be taken to be an unanswerable roadblock to this ever happening but since John is willing to accept all but the 2/1 element (and I can't blame him really, that's just crazy) then really the challenge has been set once Holllllaments accepts it.
    No I still disagree. You can't just say 'details'. If one had to play blindfolded would that just be another detail? The 30k:60k makes both challenges entirely different. The essential challenge does not remain. What remains is they are still both a game of poker but that's about it.

Simply put Holla has declined dagunmans initial offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

ITT-Pat wrote: »
    do we know thats actually danny?

DBC with the ultimate troll?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Icarus152 wrote: »
    Here's an idea,lets all gang up on anyone that disagrees with us.Maybe if we suggest someone is teh ghey that will really make them look stupid.

Maybe the Mods will abandon neutrality and join in.

Mods are not meant to be neutral. We are allowed to have opinions and join in with all the goings on. If you don't like that then that's tough luck really.

We are meant to be impartial when acting in a mod capacity, and I believe we generally are. If you think I or another mod is acting in an impoper manner you are welcome to start a feedback thread on it.

can't be certain to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

1 Comment so far
    HoLLLLLaments March 4th, 2009 4:42 pm
    I have thought about my offer and agree its a bit ott. I’ll go with 30k/30k but the rest of my conditions stand. Cant wait to rub this in your face and shut you up once and for all.

WOW, just, wow. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

you could use Jp's IP checker :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Icarus152

Mods are not meant to be neutral. We are allowed to have opinions and join in with all the goings on. If you don't like that then that's tough luck really.

We are meant to be impartial when acting in a mod capacity, and I believe we generally are. If you think I or another mod is acting in an impoper manner you are welcome to start a feedback thread on it.

neutral 

not aligned with or supporting any side or position in a controversy: The arbitrator was absolutely neutral.

impartial
    unbiased, unprejudiced, equitable

Little difference,IMO.

If you want to insult people go elsewhere, I don't personally take offence to childish comments as I understand whats on the other end a lot of the time is just that.

lmao :rolleyes:

I am not posting regarding this thead anymore.
    Liar :pac:

Killme00 wrote: »
    you could use Jp's IP checker :pac::pac:

lol the first thing we did was check the IP against dbc's, it was'nt his.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Flipper wrote: »
    FWIW, I'll play ANYONE HU in PLO if they'll give me 2/1 - for pretty much any amount.

here u go

Icarus152, you're bolding the wrong part of the quote....

ocallagh wrote: »
    No I still disagree. You can't just say 'details'. If one had to play blindfolded would that just be another detail? The 30k:60k makes both challenges entirely different. The essential challenge does not remain. What remains is they are still both a game of poker but that's about it.

Simply put Holla has declined dagunmans initial offer.

My point is fairly straightforward: The original challenge was to prove whether or not Danny has the b/r to back up what John saw as his "balla" attitude. It really was not a poker challenge in the sense of "I am better than you" considering John has all but conceded that he may be at a disadvantage playing NLHE rather than his game of PLO. That said he makes a telling remark in his blog by referring to NLHE as Danny's "apparent" speciality, so perhaps it goes beyond the money and into John questioning whether or not Danny is as good as he says.

In any case; the challenge was never laid down explicitly beyond "come and have a go" really and some loose suggestions for the challenge.

TBH I don't care anymore. They are welcome to each other. Much fun as this might be to watch it is a pointless idea really and essentially comes down to a clash of egos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

can we start making partisan comments in this thread now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭The C Kid

Could 4-table this and 4-table Stinger for 1k an hour on your new monitor Flipper.

essentially comes down to a clash of egos.

But isn't that exactly what's so damn great about it??? :confused:

Icarus152 wrote: »
    neutral 

not aligned with or supporting any side or position in a controversy: The arbitrator was absolutely neutral.

impartial
    unbiased, unprejudiced, equitable

Little difference,IMO.

OK, mr picker of nits. Let me rephrase it a bit for you.

I am not neutral when I am posting as a poster. I have opinions.

I am (or attempt to be) neutral when posting as a mod.

That better?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

seen as this is going to be most viewed thread for a while i'll post it here...
    has any one played or is familiar with this game or a similar card game like this one ???

i would be very interested to know.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelem

Gholimoli wrote: »
    seen as this is going to be most viewed thread for a while i'll post it here...
    has any one played or is familiar with this game or a similar card game like this one ???

i would be very interested to know.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelem

Sounds like a cross between 25 (or 45 in some parts of the country but essentially the same) and a cattle mart. Also, slightly off topic, but since I'm leaving in a few mins to go home I'll leave it. I might delete it then though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

Sounds like a cross between 25 (or 45 in some parts of the country but essentially the same) and a cattle mart. Also, slightly off topic, but since I'm leaving in a few mins to go home I'll leave it. I might delete it then though.

its not off topic at all...
    im gonna challenge any one to play in this game for any amount of money...
    terms and conditions apply but not too many.

you happy now Dom??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement