Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollaments are you a fraud

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

No wonder all the terms are non negotiable- easy excuse to duck out.

I'm guessing we won't be seeing any acceptance of a heads up game here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

Holla is a ...

frontpage.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

eagle eye wrote: »
    This was said in the op. He has offered to wager 30k, so either he proves the above is true or he should apologise imo.

Wow, some of your posts in other forums are actually decent but when you pass through this forum you really lose it imo

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

This was said in the op. He has offered to wager 30k, so either he proves the above is true or he should apologise imo.
    Eagle eye, give 100/1 on Binocular for example ,of course anybody can get the money with ridiculous terms, and you know it, no wonder he is banned atm when in that reply he is threatening violence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Requiem4adream

That line of thinking is just illogical though; as has been said if the point is merely raising 30k at any price most of us non-ballas on here could probably raise it somehow given crazy odds. 2/1 is a huge price and in context of relative abilities crazy. 6/5 or 11/10 would at least be reasonable in context.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭BobSloane

Eagle eye you must be smoking that same stuff i got off that lithuanian b1tch at work a few weeks ago. If dagunman accepted this 2/1 craic he loses - and the result doesn't matter(ya right:rolleyes:). Its such a -ev bet for dagunman to take and hollaments knows this.(fair play to him for chancing his arm and all but c'mon!)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,959 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

thedini wrote: »
    Eagle eye, give 100/1 on Binocular for example ,of course anybody can get the money with ridiculous terms, and you know it, no wonder he is banned atm when in that reply he is threatening violence.
    Look the op has insulted Holla on the main page of the poker forum and he cannot reply through his own account. Thats not fair for a start.

This thing from the very first page seems to be a witch hunt and there seems to be that clique mentality in here as well.

Its clear when things get like this that any reasonable or fair post will not be accepted from anybody. As a result I'm going to leave the thread now. I am strongly thinking of making a complaint regarding the thread to feedback or whereever is the right place to do it. I don't thing anybody is being in any way fair here and it seems to me that its just constant goading and insulting Hollaments to try and get him into this match. Who is to say that the op does not have a number of backers here to such an extent that he has very little to lose in a challenge like this.

I think anybody who has met me over the years would say that I'm a pretty reasonable and fair person but sometimes you have to stand up and be counted especially when you see the level somebody will sink to like the op to try and goad somebody into a challenge.

Look the op has insulted Holla on the main page of the poker forum and he cannot reply through his own account. Thats not fair for a start.

This thing from the very first page seems to be a witch hunt and there seems to be that clique mentality in here as well.

Its clear when things get like this that any reasonable or fair post will not be accepted from anybody. As a result I'm going to leave the thread now. I am strongly thinking of making a complaint regarding the thread to feedback or whereever is the right place to do it. I don't thing anybody is being in any way fair here and it seems to me that its just constant goading and insulting Hollaments to try and get him into this match. Who is to say that the op does not have a number of backers here to such an extent that he has very little to lose in a challenge like this.

I think anybody who has met me over the years would say that I'm a pretty reasonable and fair person but sometimes you have to stand up and be counted especially when you see the level somebody will sink to like the op to try and goad somebody into a challenge.

Well do not beat around the bush and say this in your 1st post in the thread instead of silly, sly and immature responses to other responses that have gone before.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

Whilst you are away playing the martyr don't forget to mention Holla's threats of violence. We are all wrong and you are right:rolleyes:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Are you hollas mother or something?

I personally don't care who wins in this if it ever happens, but your statements are just so far off the wall it's crazy. If you are on a giant level then well played sir, but I doubt it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Flipper

Hollla, don't know you but this is a spectacular demonstration of bottling it.

FWIW, I'll play ANYONE HU in PLO if they'll give me 2/1 - for pretty much any amount.

EDIT: forgot to point out that if John was to jump through all your retarded hoops, he'd still pwn you and the reality is, odds are no good unless you're good enough to win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Paul Spillane

Johns latest blog is up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Eagle Eye,

I don't know you, the OP or Holla from Adam to be honest but my reading of the situation is this.

Holla was shooting his mouth in Killarney. People called him on it and he started making ridiculous stipulations. So broad was his boast that the OP actually went away and said, "wow, what an ass," and called him out. He doesn't believe that Holla has 30K to bankroll a heads up game and has put the challenge pubically.

Holla has responded with a ridiculous reply, basically 2-1 in a heads up. We're all gambling men here and that's never going to happen. It would be utterly stupidity on the OP's behalf. This smacks of a cop out, not that he wants a deal but that he wants odds to protect 30K that he was so blase about throwing about in Killarney.

For me, and others that know none of the parties involved this reeks of, dare I say it, horse-**** that would lead me to deduce, objectively that the OP was right and Holla is just a big mouth. This is not a witch hunt- it's that way to anyone looking at is objectively.

You think that him simply putting up the 30K is good enough.

An escrow would sort this out but I think the only way that Holla is getting 30K for gambling purposes is down the local credit union.

Just my two cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

RoundTower wrote: »
    what? he obviously posted it because he doesn't want to play, but doesn't want to say so in as many words.

this is pretty ground breaking stuff here, I agree with Round Tower

also - giant lol @ eagle eye

RoundTower wrote: »
    what? he obviously posted it because he doesn't want to play, but doesn't want to say so in as many words.

While I think there is a slight logical leap in your reasoning I accept your conclusion is not totally without merit. I suppose only time will tell really.
    ocallagh wrote: »
    I don't agree. Holla's challenge is fundamentally different to the one dagunman posted. For that reason we have to treat them both as entirely separate challenges. Therefore as it stands dagunman has yet to accept Holla's offer and Holla has declined Dagunmans offer.

It's 2 guys wrangling over the details of an essentially straightforward challenge imo.

The challenge made by John is "prove you have the b/r to play this and you're not just all talk like I think you are".

The details of that challenge are still to be determined for sure but the essential challenge remains. I accept RT's point that the terms could be taken to be an unanswerable roadblock to this ever happening but since John is willing to accept all but the 2/1 element (and I can't blame him really, that's just crazy) then really the challenge has been set once Holllllaments accepts it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Requiem4adream

Agree with the 1st part, ste/dom/lloyd/kev - is it technically possible to allow a banned poster to reply in 1 particular thread? If so, i think it's warranted.

For everything else i think you're way off track here. Clique mentality usually comes into stuff when you have a popular poster v an unpopular one. Neither of the 2 are exactly clique-material in here!

I think most people just wanna see the match take place, i think it'd be pretty good for the forum to have a high profile, big money match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭singee88

:eek::eek::eek::eek: huge money at stake the recession pffffffffff wat recession lol:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

me thinks eagle has an eye on something more than holla's bankroll :pac: :pac: :pac:

This genuinely made me lol. I have to start reading that more often, it's actually much better than I thought it would be.
    I trash talk, but when I get called out I am willing to walk the walk (in poker not life)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Agree with the 1st part, ste/dom/lloyd/kev - is it technically possible to allow a banned poster to reply in 1 particular thread? If so, i think it's warranted.

For everything else i think you're way off track here. Clique mentality usually comes into stuff when you have a popular poster v an unpopular one. Neither of the 2 are exactly clique-material in here!

I think most people just wanna see the match take place, i think it'd be pretty good for the forum to have a high profile, big money match.

I don't think anyone has an intense dislike for Holla... he seems to be chancing his arm with the 2/1 thing, but he may still yet accept the challenge. John has accepted all his other terms.

I think what has surprised most people in this thread is eagle eye.... very, very strange logic from a normally intelligent poster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

This genuinely made me lol. I have to start reading that more often, it's actually much better than I thought it would be.

I also lol'ed at John carping on about "young guys"

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Not under his own account, but as Ste mentioned, and Lloyd I think, and as happened through kayroo, he could pm someone a reply and it could be posted that way. The right to reply was there and was used.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,959 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

jimbling wrote: »
    me thinks eagle has an eye on something more than holla's bankroll :pac: :pac: :pac:
    What does this mean? Expand please.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Link to blog post anyone?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

[x] thread brings me closer to understanding why women think men are idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

shoutman wrote: »
    Link to blog post anyone?

thanks
    pgodkin wrote: »

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

thechamp87 wrote: »
    lol @ the idea of someone not actually liking chub.

and im not even going to bother commenting on the terms and conditions. this is clearly a cop out based on these conditions and danny knows this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭JP Poker

OK. Hollllaments asked me to post this for him.

I will supply poker table/chips/professional dealer.
    We will play the challenge asap. I would like to start tonight but understand the fact that’s short notice so will give you a few days to clear your schedule. As soon as you pick a day I will sort out venue, dealer etc.

I've accepted some stupid bets in my day but not even I would accept this.

What ever about the 2-1 odds, but if I was John I defo wouldn't accept to play this if Danny was organising the dealer. It's just open to manipulation.

If your serious about this happening I really think this condition has to go...

I've already offered my TV table you could even play this behind closed doors with everyone friends railing it in the bar.

I will supply chip, decks, dealers and will TD this if you like. I don't know either of you personally and will rule in my normal unbias manner.

It think Boyles have offered some sort of sponsorship in this thread already aswell.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement