Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Kaiser D wrote: »
    What in God's name do so many people see in a 100 BHP diesel saloon?

dat booo lawd

• Registered Users Posts: 73,434 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Farmers mostly

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Ah, the obligatory 'not pushed in selling' line that every tosser puts in his ad.

All he is missing is 'just testing the waters' to complete the cycle of drool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    To be fair, a standard clean example is a nice car IMO.

Thay are very nice cars.

But the way these lads go on about them, as if they're some kind of performance car.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Would it kill him to add a few more pics...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

• Van Aaken strip
    • AMG rep wheels
    • Twin BOOOOOO pipes
    • Comes with blue badge to park on disabled spots
    • Maybe it has the evry mod..... :eek:

Phwoarrrrrrrrr I'm sold, better make that bankers draft.....

dgt wrote: »
    • Van Aaken strip
    • AMG rep wheels
    • Twin BOOOOOO pipes
    • Comes with blue badge to park on disabled spots
    • Maybe it has the evry mod..... :eek:

Phwoarrrrrrrrr I'm sold, better make that bankers draft.....

Ya, and then strip it ;)

colm_mcm wrote: »

Didn't know they made a Mazda 323 4WS!

She'll do circles all day lad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

colm_mcm wrote: »
    She'll do circles all day lad

My 156 has a wonky rear axle, meaning it pulls to the right quite badly. It was humiliating to tow it into the yard..... Great for spinning round to the left though! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

A good one can be got for not much more than the €650 asking.

I don't care what kind of anniversary it is, dream on......

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/vw-golf-mk4-25th-anniversary/7212662

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

No cash, no drive.. does that mean he expects someone to hand him 9 and a half k before they take a test drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Time wasters will be seriously abused.

The temptation....must.....resist!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭deckycoop

somebody slap that man....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,981 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

No cash, no drive.. does that mean he expects someone to hand him 9 and a half k before they take a test drive?

No but you'll have to flash it before you get the keys handed to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Ah but laaaaaad there'd be a serious booooo outta her

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Why is everyone in these dreamer ads an obnoxious you know what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Sure a tdi golf with gti badges is seriously hard to get :pac: It doesn't even look that nice I don't know maybe it's just the colour. As for the price well it's beyond a joke.

• Advertisement

Bpmull wrote: »
    Sure a tdi golf with gti badges is seriously hard to get :pac: It doesn't even look that nice I don't know maybe it's just the colour. As for the price well it's beyond a joke.

Who are you telling, getting cranky with the situation now! :P

Who are you telling, getting cranky with the situation now! :P

Seriously though the amount of golfs I've seen gti badges on and the minute you hear the engine start as obvious as anything it's a 1.9 tdi. I really can't see the point of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,625 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Seriously though the amount of golfs I've seen gti badges on and the minute you hear the engine start as obvious as anything it's a 1.9 tdi. I really can't see the point of it.

And don't forget the mythical creature that is the S4 TDI.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,625 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Why is everyone in these dreamer ads an obnoxious you know what?

There is a definite trend there one has to admit.
    But a nice, polite person that is fully anchored in reality with both feet would not advertise their car in such a manner.
    When I advertise a car its as many pics as needed, all the relevant info, phone and email and nothing else.
    Anyone who throws abuse at people already in the ad before even meeting anyone has got to be funny in the head and should be avoided In general, nevermind for business.
    Plus I think they're usually cranky because the only people who will do business with deluded nutters is other deluded nutters, so they are angry, because they only meet deluded nutters.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

It's overpriced I will admit but I assume you know that those GTI badges aren't just a DIY effort? The 25th Anniversary model GTI came with both petrol and diesel engines, with a limited number of each being made.

It's overpriced I will admit but I assume you know that those GTI badges aren't just a DIY effort? The 25th Anniversary model GTI came with both petrol and diesel engines, with a limited number of each being made.

Have to say I never realised that. I assumed they were a DIY add on. In that case there fine in that car. Its more the mk5 poverty spec 1.4s and 1.9tdi with GTI badges stuck on them which were clearly a DIY job and I know there was a gt sport edition in the mk5 I'm not talking about them. Same thing with sticking a gt tdi badge on a 1.9 tdi 105 bhp I really just don't see the point. Whatever is on it from the factory is fine but changing the badges to try and make the car something it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

Have to say I never realised that. I assumed they were a DIY add on. In that case there fine in that car. Its more the mk5 poverty spec 1.4s and 1.9tdi with GTI badges stuck on them which were clearly a DIY job and I know there was a gt sport edition in the mk5 I'm not talking about them. Same thing with sticking a gt tdi badge on a 1.9 tdi 105 bhp I really just don't see the point. Whatever is on it from the factory is fine but changing the badges to try and make the car something it's not.

Oh I agree with you 100% on that one! It is quite amusing to rebadge in the opposite direction though, like my brother who stuck a 520i badge on his M5 :pac:

BTW that Anni in that condition with the spare set of brand new wheels is probably worth €7k or thereabouts as long as it checks out ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

I stand corrected....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

• Advertisement

I thought Imports Direct are gone from that place ages now?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement