Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

What's the warning light that's showing on the dash? Its a random looking one

• Registered Users Posts: 28,871 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

ba_barabus wrote: »
    What's the warning light that's showing on the dash? Its a random looking one

It's an immobilizer warning light, but it's only half displaying.

They are not original clocks by the way. They came out of a Bora sport. That explains the warning lights being poor and probably also the milage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

You could get most mk4 golfs in 4 motion on the continent, i think the only exceptions were the GTI and the V5 actually, i've seen one and definitely not in RHD.

Not an Anniversary interior either , not even Ricardo.

Well spotted on the Bora spor clocks too.

I never thought the best MK4 GTI in the country would have Reps and that exhaust.

In lt's favour i would say it's probably a legit 180 and the price isn't too bad.

A dealer won't be able to verify mileage either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

Quazzie wrote: »
    It's an immobilizer warning light, but it's only half displaying.

They are not original clocks by the way. They came out of a Bora sport. That explains the warning lights being poor and probably also the milage.

Good spot quazzie , but aren't they also in the mk4 anniversary edition too from factory?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,871 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

mullingar wrote: »
    Good spot quazzie , but aren't they also in the mk4 anniversary edition too from factory?
    That, they did. Maybe he got them from the same car he got that fabulous Anniversary edition interior :rolleyes:

Looks like a botch job either way to me, and whilst if the car was genuine with everything he says it is, it might be worth the money he's looking for, unfortunately he seems to be a spoofer. I'd be asking for engine codes etc to make sure that the car isn't just a 150bhp mapped up to 180bhp aswell based on that knowledge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Tbh if got for 3k and milage is genuine that gti wouldn't be a bad buy all spoofing aside.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Lexus Cork and Blackrock. IS200d for 37.5 and 35k respectively. Who the **** would pay anything close to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

61,000 for a Golf?????

28894504.jpeg

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-golf-golf-r-2-0tsi-dsg-300bh/6560890

I know it's new and its a unique golf, but there is no way in Hell that I would spend €61k on a p0xy Golf

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭ofcork

Didn't realise it was more expensive than the A45 AMG!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

mullingar wrote: »
    61,000 for a Golf?????

28894504.jpeg

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-golf-golf-r-2-0tsi-dsg-300bh/6560890

I know it's new and its a unique golf, but there is no way in Hell that I would spend €61k on a p0xy Golf

Christ!!!

You could have a seriously nice 2008+ GTR imported and vrt'd for that. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

I think Id prefer a GT86 with a whole lot of change left over...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Hyundai have some great cars now but the Accent is truly woeful.

Over 4k, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭dmc17

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

• Registered Users Posts: 73,404 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Yeah, either here or in Skangermobiles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

"Gangster"

What a tool

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

It should be posted.! .....to Baghdad.or some other such place,what a pile of ****.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

wonski wrote: »
    Moneymaker wrote: »
    Hyundai have some great cars now but the Accent is truly woeful.

Over 4k, lol.

No recession in Donegal? maybe or they are just 10yrs behind with the prices of the audi and this POS:P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

ive seen it a few times on my hunt for a 190e as a daily banger:pac:

the owner must thing he is some kind of pimp with the massive skanger AMG developed (2.0 carb 4cyl FFS!lol) and 18inch AMG reps but the worse thing about it is the headlamp eyebrows that make it look like a pissed off JOHNNY5 from the 80s film Short Circuit :eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

going by the interior it looks like the "gangster" is a farmer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.... A bargain, alright... Read and make of the price what you will:D

Just look at the pictures :rolleyes:

29244129.jpeg
    Always make sure to get the silage pit in the background.
    1972 2 door classic RR vin no: <removed>.

Rare unrestored RR chassis seems very good some rust starting to appear on body mounting points at footwells .Doors footwells and sills very rusty, pillars not bad.Roof wheel arches and rear floor good,rear side windows replaced with plastic panel,

some dints on bodywork.4 speed with overdrive gearbox with 3.9 perkins turbo diesel.Running and driveing well,but needs rear bushs replaced for on road driveing. Mileage is likely 100000 higher.

Spare 1993 v8 4 door good body, driveing included if wanted.Imported from GB in 2008 Irish reg declared of road.

No silly offers please.

No silly offers? Bloody hell mate, you first!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Dangel4x4

Isn't the potential buyer just buying the log book and vin plate to stick on his modern RR in order to avail of €56/year road tax?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Dangel4x4 wrote: »
    Isn't the potential buyer just buying the log book and vin plate to stick on his modern RR in order to avail of €56/year road tax?

I don't think you'd get away with passing a 3rd generation of for a 1st generation.....itd look a bit new

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

I don't think you'd get away with passing a 3rd generation of for a 1st generation.....itd look a bit new

Dry stored since it was brand new lad :pac:

Maybe not a 3rd gen but a 2nd gen would get away with it.

There's a Discovery II local to me that's been going around on ZV plates for 2 or 3 years now, so people do go in for that kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Dangel4x4 wrote: »

For over 3k? He'd be a while saving the outlay on classic tax:D I have seen discos and such on Zv plates myself too.. Personally, I don't get it. Its a classic vehicle, but without any classic aesthetics whatsoever. Its the kind of vehicle that you can drive everywhere, every day, comfortably... Except you can't really because aren't Classic insured vehicles restricted to ridiculously low mileages? Otherwise you have to tax and insure normally? Is it really worth it just to save money on a tax and insurance technicality?

For over 3k? He'd be a while saving the outlay on classic tax:D

First RR I saw on Donedeal just now is a 01 4.6 V8. Road tax is €1800/year, so the investment would be recouped quick enough.

And if you've got one sitting around on yellow plates, you dodge the VRT too by giving it a new identity.

All fine and dandy until you get in a scrape, and the cops or an insurance assessor put 2+2 together.

Why do people do it? I dunno, sticking it to the man?

92 Citroen BX diesel
    No tax
    No test
    Rubbish photos
    Mismatched wheels.
    Needs tyres and who knows what else
    "in storage for the last 3 years"

€900 no offers
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/citroen-bx/7048575
    30009573.jpeg

• Advertisement