Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RENT comes to Ireland at last!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 1800_Steve

Yeah- shows gonna be awesome. Woop Woop! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 legallybrunette

This is brilliant, thanks so much OP for spreading the word!:D Have wanted to see Rent on stage for ages, so I'll definately be getting some tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dramabob

Listen to SPIN 103.8FM on Saturday 14th between 1 and 1.30pm where I'll be talking up the show and giving you a chance to win tickets!

Woop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 doylema3

theboat wrote: »
    UCD are putting it on in April, so it'll be back pretty soon...;)

so its a case of "it at first you don't succeed, try try again". we wont need to take a second stab at it:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭DesignLady

I loved Rent. Saw it in Dublin and London and then the movie came along and sort of turned me off it.
    Maybe seeing it live again will help me like it again.

• Advertisement

doylema3 wrote: »
    so its a case of "it at first you don't succeed, try try again". we wont need to take a second stab at it:D

Yowl! Saucer of milk, anyone?

Seriously though, come and see the show - it may re-iginite your love of all things RENTish...

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 doylema3

dramabob wrote: »
    Yowl! Saucer of milk, anyone?

I am not caty;). but i suppose, not the best place to start an intervarsity bitch-fest.

one week left. you'd better buy your tickets soon, or face major disappointment

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Yes yes, no DCU/UCD wars here!

We'll all just go see both productions and harshly criticise you equally.

Going to RENT on the 25th i believe so it better be good. *threatening face*

fonpokno wrote: »
    Yes yes, no DCU/UCD wars here!

We'll all just go see both productions and harshly criticise you equally.

Going to RENT on the 25th i believe so it better be good. *threatening face*

Glad to hear it (that you'll be coming, that is, not the bit about the threatening face). I'll be the one running around looking a touch stressed out before the show... Ah, good times, good times...

bobavatar.jpg

Ha! I'm sure we'll tackle you if you don't look too worried about stuff!

Is it in the big hall or the smaller theatre? I love the smaller theatre in there...

• Advertisement

It'll be in the smaller theatre - the big one is just a touch TOO big...

rent.jpg

It'll be in the smaller theatre - the big one is just a touch TOO big...

\o/ thank god! I don't like the big one at all at all. I've sang in it before and it's just not good enough... I love the small theatre. I've seen a few plays there and it's just lovely!

Watch MTV today at 3.55pm - our former member Laura Whitmore will be wearing her RENT t-shirt!

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 keanem

Rent Rent Rent!!! This musical is gonna be AWESOME! I've already seen some DCU musicals and they have very talented members! I'm sure this musical wont disappoint!

Looking forward to it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 seaniebon

Everyone should see RENT at least once in their lifetime. It's fantastic! I can't wait. It better be as good as NY's!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nadiemc

Last night's dress rehearsal was great! Exhausting but really epic...tongue.gif

I was delighted to hear that DIT are doing it next Febuary and even happier to see their chair at the rehearsal... Sharing the wealth and what not. smile.gif

I hope some of their members come and see it because I'll definately go to theirs.

The thing that makes this years musical stand apart from the likes of Fame and The Full Monty is that we're being adjudicated! A simultaneously scary and exciting feeling envelops me!confused.gif

I do hope all you DCU folk will stick around after your show and keep contributing to the forum. Better not be using us for ticket sales. We'll feel so cheap..... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 persephone1

RENT!!!

521,600 minutes...

Saw it on Broadway over the summer...unreally! It was my team music to my time in america...my poor ipod is sick of playing the soundtrack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Alanthroneus

2644 minutes.... about the same amount of minutes that the set crew were in the Helix... this will be awesome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

nadiemc wrote: »
    Last night's dress rehearsal was great! Exhausting but really epic...tongue.gif

I was delighted to hear that DIT are doing it next Febuary and even happier to see their chair at the rehearsal... Sharing the wealth and what not. smile.gif

I hope some of their members come and see it because I'll definately go to theirs.

The thing that makes this years musical stand apart from the likes of Fame and The Full Monty is that we're being adjudicated! A simultaneously scary and exciting feeling envelops me!confused.gif

They are? Is it the drama society putting it on? I'm so joining in September. :D

Can't wait to see this by the way. I shall be there on Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 imsohawwt

OMG, RENT The Musical is showing in a matter of HOURS at the Helix!!!
    I'm so excited about how well everything has come together and how much like the broadway production it's going to be!!!
    This has been so much fun and everyone has worked so hard and we can finally show it to the land. Much love! x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭goodgodholmes

imsohawwt wrote: »
    OMG, RENT The Musical is showing in a matter of HOURS at the Helix!!!
    I'm so excited about how well everything has come together and how much like the broadway production it's going to be!!!
    This has been so much fun and everyone has worked so hard and we can finally show it to the land. Much love! x

I KNOW, right?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

nadiemc wrote: »

Are you submitting it to AIMS?

Yup!

AIMS are coming to adjudicate, only I'm not telling the cast which show they're coming to....

*grins evilly*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Yup!

AIMS are coming to adjudicate, only I'm not telling the cast which show they're coming to....

*grins evilly*

You're better off not. I did "Thoroughly Modern Millie" in 2007 and was one of about 6 people who knew what night the adjudicator was coming. All it does is increase the nerves.

We ended up getting 5 nominations, though, including "Best Overall Show", so we were obviously doing something right!

Just a little something to whet your appetites....

rentsmall.jpg

After last night's outstanding performance (standing ovation on opening night, woo!), You'll have to get your skates on to grab tickets!

Thursday 8pm is SOLD OUT with a hefty waiting list, but there are a few tickets left for tonight (Wed) at 8pm, and lots of cut-price tickets for the matinee!

Get 'em now! Don't assume there'll be tickets left at the Box Office if you don't book first!

Woop!

http://www.thehelix.ie/2009_Q1/Rent.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Well done guys, amazing show. Way better than the Olympia production!!

Just one question, was some of the Collins/Angel stuff cut? It felt like it was :confused:

Not that I'm aware of... We pretty much stuck like glue to the script we were given by Weinberger, which seemed to be a match for the Broadway script. Some of the smaller numbers were changed to dialogue (like Collins's entrance "O Holy Night") but otherwise we left it intact.

Glad you enjoyed it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Went to see the show last night. It was brilliant. Some amazingly talented cast members. I'm incredibly jealous. :p I really want to get involved with DIT's production now.

Advertisement