Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pete Doherty on the Late Late Show

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Mingey

Hmmm...I wonder if that girl from the audience is in this thread somewhere?...

Whether Pete is a worthless junkie who got lucky or an amazing nobel laureate is m00t. The point is is it was horrible to watch how the interview was conducted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭FullHD

Hippo wrote: »
    The thread isn't really about whether you consider Doherty to be a low-life or that you hate his music. It's about Kenny's extraordinary inability to interview guests properly, this latest one being a particularly glaring example.

Well if i was in Pat Kennys shoes, I would have asked 2 questions.
    To Pete Doherty
    Q.1 "Who Are You?".
    To the producer
    Q.2 "Who the F is Pete Doherty"

Well they have to pay Pat's salary, by interviewing nobodys.
    I did see one interview about 1 month ago, where Pat interviewed
    a woman who could talk to the spirits. I sware to God, I was never so bored in all my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭FullHD

Mingey wrote: »
    Hmmm...I wonder if that girl from the audience is in this thread somewhere?...
    quote]

Not sure, but i did see a woman in the street today with a paper bag over her head.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭paddyb125

That woman was rediculous!
    "Where do I collect the money?" hahahaha!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Just watched it on YouTube, it was indeed an appalling trainwreck of an interview. Kenny hadnt got a clue who he was other that the tabloid persona.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Watching that interview, Pete Doherty wasn't the only one squirming on his seat.....excruciating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

garrycs69 wrote: »
    Well if i was in Pat Kennys shoes, I would have asked 2 questions.
    To Pete Doherty
    Q.1 "Who Are You?".
    To the producer
    Q.2 "Who the F is Pete Doherty"

Well they have to pay Pat's salary, by interviewing nobodys.
    I did see one interview about 1 month ago, where Pat interviewed
    a woman who could talk to the spirits. I sware to God, I was never so bored in all my life.

Excellent stuff. Possibly you meant 'swear'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭994

orourkeda wrote: »
    Pat Kenny is a robot. He has a set list of questions and rarely strays from these. How can his annual salary be justified? As for Pete Doherty, he's a waster. He's incoherent, boring and his music is bland.

They could have a computer voice-generator just read out all the questions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

994 wrote: »
    They could have a computer voice-generator just read out all the questions.

And have a dublin found-on-the-street junky answer them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Guitarist-JEM

LOL! that girl in the audience was so embarassing to watch..

the way whenever she shouted something out to pete he just ignored her!

the desperation in her voice ..the whole show was embarassing..pat trying to relate with bloody pete doherty!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 UpYeBoyo

carbsy wrote: »
    Why couldn't Pete have washed his hands before the interview? His nails were rank! Totally disgusting... :rolleyes:

I agree! His pupils didn't change at all throughout the interview, it was weird!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

If there was an award for the best post I'd be nominating yourself.

I think there is such an award but you have suck some admins willy for 12 months to get it, possibly Beruthal's.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

If you have a musician coming on your show, and yes, Pete Doherty is first and foremost a musician, know something about the music. Pat Kenny was an absolute disgrace, I actually switched the TV off, it was like watching Peep Show, my brow was aching from the cringing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Notice the difference in respect shown to Brendan Gleeson tonight as opposed to Doherty last week. Kenny really can be a condescending git of the highest order.

Archimedes wrote: »
    Notice the difference in respect shown to Brendan Gleeson tonight as opposed to Doherty last week. Kenny really can be a condescending git of the highest order.

Yeah, imagine showing respect to someone with discernable talent yet none to a talentless junkie. Crazy double standards.

You'd think after the Jerry Seinfeld interview he would have been fired, but Pat just proved he cannot cope with characters the like of Pete Doherty.

I loved the fact that Pete pointed out the fact that Pat couldn't even name one of his songs. I mean I'm not a huge fan of his music, but even I can name 2 (Beg Steal or Borrow, New Love Grows on Trees). Actually, speaking of Beg, Steal or Borrow; he performed that on Johnathen Ross, and he was far more superior at interviewing that this idiot.

You'd think after the Jerry Seinfeld interview he would have been fired, but Pat just proved he cannot cope with characters the like of Pete Doherty.

I wonder sometimes did Prat deliberately tank that interview with Seinfeld in order to get a rise out of him. He probably saw the interview a few days prior where Seinfeld flared up on Larry King "do you know who I am?" and Pat figured he'd get himself a bit of that. Pity then he didn't realise it was all a stage-managed act to get a bit of cheap heat for Bee-Movie. Christ Prat, did the penny not drop when you saw Larry King *IN* Bee-Movie? Of course it didn't cos you hadn't even watched the film like you professed you had to Jerry!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 piddif

Hey

Has anyone got a NON youtube link to the interview? It's really hard to find now that it has been removed from youtube....

Thanks! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 shirleydoll

any body know how to apply for tickets for the late lte show thanks so much

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

you're opening old wounds for that??? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,697 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=tickets+for+the+late+late+show

Advertisement