Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

lukin wrote: »
    As a Corkman I am obviously not too disappointed that Marc O Se has been banned. The CCC have it in for Kerry and that's no surprise; they got away with it when Kennelly took out Nicholas Murphy in the AI final in 2009 so that definitley has something to do with the number of bans Kerry players are getting since.
    If you look at the statistics over league and championship in the last few years Kerry's discipline record is very bad. People constantly complain about ill-discipline in the GAA but then when the GAA actually do something about it (like eh, banning players such as they are doing with O Se) they are accused of persecuting them.
    Jack O Connor will have to tell his players to watch their step from now on and where's teh harm in that? They have got away with enough over the years.
    Ha thats rich. You might as well say Paudí Ó Sé got away with stuff back in the day, so Kerry are being punished now. If the Tadhg Kennelly thing influences things, why don't Dublin get persecuted over Ciarán Whelans tainted past. Cork for Pearse O'Neill, Noel O'Leary. Tyrone for Ryan McMenamann. Its a load of Sh*te.

Kerry are no dirtier then any other team in the country. Its just every game they play is being scrutinised. Last year a Cavan player pushed the referee in a Qualifier game against Wicklow, it was on the Sunday Game, but they didnt even mention it and the player played the next week. Galvin while he was also wrong was originally given a 6month ban for slapping the referee's book... he didnt physically touch the referee. Total selective justice. I agree that dirty play should be punished, but its the fact that every Kerry game is analyzed to death, just in case there was an incident that they could ban a player from.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭lukin

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Ha thats rich. You might as well say Paudí Ó Sé got away with stuff back in the day, so Kerry are being punished now. If the Tadhg Kennelly thing influences things, why don't Dublin get persecuted over Ciarán Whelans tainted past. Cork for Pearse O'Neill, Noel O'Leary. Tyrone for Ryan McMenamann. Its a load of Sh*te.

Kerry are no dirtier then any other team in the country. Its just every game they play is being scrutinised. Last year a Cavan player pushed the referee in a Qualifier game against Wicklow, it was on the Sunday Game, but they didnt even mention it and the player played the next week. Galvin while he was also wrong was originally given a 6month ban for slapping the referee's book... he didnt physically touch the referee. Total selective justice. I agree that dirty play should be punished, but its the fact that every Kerry game is analyzed to death, just in case there was an incident that they could ban a player from.

I'm just saying what goes around comes around. The AI football final is a high-profile event and for something like that to happen in it and the ref waves "that's grand, play on" made a mockery of the whole ocassion.
    It was bound to infuriate the powers-that-be and they obviously thought "We'll teach them a lesson".
    I know Cork players have done stuff in the past but usually something like getting a yellow when it should have been a red.

lukin wrote: »
    I'm just saying what goes around comes around. The AI football final is a high-profile event and for something like that to happen in it and the ref waves "that's grand, play on" made a mockery of the whole ocassion.
    It was bound to infuriate the powers-that-be and they obviously thought "We'll teach them a lesson".
    I know Cork players have done stuff in the past but usually something like getting a yellow when it should have been a red.
    Not to be bringing up old wounds or anything, but the Ref didnt just wave play on. Cork got a free kick. Kennelly was overly fired up, and put in a bad challenge. A yellow card would have sufficed, he was very lucky not to get yellow. But a red would have been harsh. He hit him with the shoulder, not the elbow as many suggest, but it was very high. Don't see why people are still arguing that "He got away with it"? If I was from Cork, i'd be more annoyed with the fact that not one man in a red jersey stood up for Murphy and went in and hit Kennelly. It showed that there was fear there, and Cork took a step backwards from that point. Anyway its long gone, and Cork have gone on to bigger and better things, but I just don't understand all this tripe about Kennelly getting away with it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,561 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Not to be bringing up old wounds or anything, but the Ref didnt just wave play on. Cork got a free kick. Kennelly was overly fired up, and put in a bad challenge. A yellow card would have sufficed, he was very lucky not to get yellow. But a red would have been harsh. He hit him with the shoulder, not the elbow as many suggest, but it was very high. Don't see why people are still arguing that "He got away with it"? If I was from Cork, i'd be more annoyed with the fact that not one man in a red jersey stood up for Murphy and went in and hit Kennelly. It showed that there was fear there, and Cork took a step backwards from that point. Anyway its long gone, and Cork have gone on to bigger and better things, but I just don't understand all this tripe about Kennelly getting away with it!

Fella - that was a red card - all day long !! and you think a Cork player should have hit Kennelly - A Definate Red - ok.
    He got away with because he wasn't sent off and ended up with a medal and then legged it back to Oz - plain and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

hi,

anyone travelling to the game today wanna give me a lift from dundalk? :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,561 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

mystic86 wrote: »
    hi,

anyone travelling to the game today wanna give me a lift from dundalk? :)

I don't fancy your chances - it's been 3 weeks since anybody actually posted in here - g'luck though;)

Great First half from Kerry: 1-9 to 0-01

Monaghan doing better in the second half.

1-10 to 0-04. If we get the points difference up, we could end up challenging for a League Final, as Cork are 0-10 to 0-07 down in Mayo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Great First half from Kerry: 1-9 to 0-01

Monaghan doing better in the second half.

1-10 to 0-04. If we get the points difference up, we could end up challenging for a League Final, as Cork are 0-10 to 0-07 down in Mayo.

Well if Cork are beaten by Mayo and Kerry beats Monagan then Kerry could possibly go ahead of Cork in points difference on eight points each going into the final game. Kerry must play Down and providing they won that and Cork lost or drew their Final game then it would be Kerry V Dublin in Croker for the League final alright, alot of things would need to go right.

Although Kerry would be there on merit as they only lost their two games by a single point each both of which were due to dubious refereeing.

Whatever the outcome there is a bright summer and autumn ahead for the boys in Green and Gold.

Stinicker wrote: »
    Well if Cork are beaten by Mayo and Kerry beats Monagan then Kerry could possibly go ahead of Cork in points difference on eight points each going into the final game. Kerry must play Down and providing they won that and Cork lost or drew their Final game then it would be Kerry V Dublin in Croker for the League final alright, alot of things would need to go right.

Although Kerry would be there on merit as they only lost their two games by a single point each both of which were due to dubious refereeing.

Whatever the outcome there is a bright summer and autumn ahead for the boys in Green and Gold.

do you have the lotto numbers aswell by any chance?;)

Am I right in saying if Cork win their next match they are in the final and Kerry are not - because we have a better head to head record ( that dubious/unlucky/controversial etc victory) or will it go to points difference ( which ye are way ahead)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    do you have the lotto numbers aswell by any chance?;)

Am I right in saying if Cork win their next match they are in the final and Kerry are not - because we have a better head to head record ( that dubious/unlucky/controversial etc victory) or will it go to points difference ( which ye are way ahead)

I thought with your wisdom you would know but it goes on head to head

• Advertisement

liam7831 wrote: »
    I thought with your wisdom you would know but it goes on head to head

Oh yeah...;)
    So if Cork win Kerry don't go to the final. If Cork draw and kerry draw cork go through. If kerry lose and cork lose - cork go through as they have beaten down.
    So I'm right in saying if Down win, Cork are through no matter how they get on.
    Here's hoping for a Down victory so..... even though I can't see it happening, the way kerry performed today - first half especially.
    Looking foward to the final series of games - and hopefully the final - again.
    Whatever the outcome there is a bright summer and autumn ahead for the boys in Red and White!;)
    I'm looking forward to crossing the border this summer!

12,15,18,26,33,37 - if you are interested:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Oh yeah...;)
    So if Cork win Kerry don't go to the final. If Cork draw and kerry draw cork go through. If kerry lose and cork lose - cork go through as they have beaten down.
    Here's hoping for a Down victory so..... even though I can't see it happening, the way kerry performed today - first half especially.
    Whatever the outcome there is a bright summer and autumn ahead for the boys in Red and White!;)

This is kerry thread lad, not cork please adhere to the topic.

liam7831 wrote: »
    This is kerry thread lad, not cork please adhere to the topic.

have I been a bold boy? a bold lad?
    Is it not between Cork and Kerry for the final V the dubs? Did I not say ye were good in the first half? Is that not Kerry related.... Lad:rolleyes:

Oh yeah...;)

Just to clarify. Down Win, Cork lose, Down go through.

Other then that, correct.

And that could easily happen. Down looking for a league final, Armagh needing to Win to avoid relegation. Not easy by any stretch of the imagination.

Ciarraí Abú

Just to clarify. Down Win, Cork lose, Down go through.

Other then that, correct.

And that could easily happen. Down looking for a league final, Armagh needing to Win to avoid relegation. Not easy by any stretch of the imagination.

Ciarraí Abú
    Armagh have been poor in the league and could go down deservedly if beaten. So a loss for cork and a win for down would be a down v dublin final. It certainly makes for an interesting days football in 2 weeks!
    I expect a Cork V Dublin final with the Dubs winning by 3! I predicted them to win at the start - not much has changed.
    A dub v kerry final could be very interesting - esp if the dubs win, as it would be a major psychological boost for them, can't see kerry getting there though.

A fella on the Dublin thread seems fairly sure it is points difference that will decide the finalist if level. I thought it was head to head - does anyone know for certain. Cannot find definitive answers - it would change alot of outcomes, as kerry are plus 10 or something over cork.

If Kerry and Cork both win then Cork will progress due to Cork having beaten Kerry in the league already. Score Difference is irrelevant. If Kerry and Cork had drew when they met back in February then score difference would be used to settle the tie.

If Kerry win and Cork lose or Draw then Kerry will progress.

If Down win and Cork win, Cork will progress.

if Cork lose and Down win then Down will progress.

It is Corks final spot to lose and Kerry need Armagh to do us a big favour for us to make the final.

Stinicker wrote: »
    If Kerry and Cork both win then Cork will progress due to Cork having beaten Kerry in the league already. Score Difference is irrelevant. If Kerry and Cork had drew when they met back in February then score difference would be used to settle the tie.

If Kerry win and Cork lose or Draw then Kerry will progress.

If Down win and Cork win, Cork will progress.

if Cork lose and Down win then Down will progress.

It is Corks final spot to lose and Kerry need Armagh to do us a big favour for us to make the final.

and if Cork draw and Down win cork go through, that's the way I see it but in the Dublin thread they seem convinced the rules were changed last year because of the Cork V Mayo fiasco - hence Kerry are ahead of cork in the table on RTE i.e. it's points difference that counts. I thought I had a good understanding of it but .... I think the dubs secretely want Kerry in the final!;)

and if Cork draw and Down win cork go through, that's the way I see it but in the Dublin thread they seem convinced the rules were changed last year because of the Cork V Mayo fiasco - hence Kerry are ahead of cork in the table on RTE i.e. it's points difference that counts. I thought I had a good understanding of it but .... I think the dubs secretely want Kerry in the final!;)

Yes if Cork Draw and Down win then Cork will go through both on superior score difference over Down and having beaten Down in the league already. On the kerrygaa.ie forum the consensus is the system last year is prevailing which will see Cork progress if both Kerry and Cork wins.

I'd be hoping it was on score difference merit and that Kerry would meet Dublin in the Final, it was everyone in Kerry wants anyway, despite all the rivalry with Dublin it is a long time since Kerry and Dublin met in a big final!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

i think overall, the league has been very good so far for kerry. 4 wins and 2 last gasp and contraversial one point defeats to cork and dublin, both games we could have won.

im happy with the progress made, some really promising developments in the players.

with a bit of luck, we will get to the final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

i think overall, the league has been very good so far for kerry. 4 wins and 2 last gasp and contraversial one point defeats to cork and dublin, both games we could have won.

im happy with the progress made, some really promising developments in the players.

with a bit of luck, we will get to the final.

+1, been a really good campaign for us. We're starting to look in really good shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I think the important thing to take from the league is the blooding in of defenders at last.

Delighted to see Shane Enright, Paudge O'Connor & John Lyne getting a run - Enright in particular really looked the part at corner back imo

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭pmurphy00

who (what club) was the niall o mahony lad that came on for us on sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

David Moran did his cruciate yesterday unfortunately.

Big blow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

its a bloody disaster, he is out for the rest of the season!

pmurphy00 wrote: »

Didn't know he was back in training with the senior panel as he was out with an injury for the past few weeks.

He's from the Spa club

keane2097 wrote: »
    David Moran did his cruciate yesterday unfortunately.

Big blow.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

pmurphy00 wrote: »

He's the Captain of Spa- Interviewed him when they got to the Intermediate All Ireland final two years ago. Nice lad.

He's the Captain of Spa- Interviewed him when they got to the Intermediate All Ireland final two years ago. Nice lad.

Andrew Garnett's the captain this year

• Advertisement

While I wasn't surprised Cork won to be honest, a 22 point loss must be a blow to Kerry. Are we really THAT good, or was there little preperation this year in Kerry? I must admit to be over the moon with the result, 2-24 V 0-08 but how good did ye think the u-21's were? I am finding it hard to understand how Kerry were so poor. The conditions were good, I don't think ye had someone sent off so I am honestly surprised at the gap between the two teams.
    Any clues?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement