Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,552 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

That might overshadow it for you fella but certainly not for me;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    That might overshadow it for you fella but certainly not for me;)

You must have a lot and i mean a whole lot of spare time!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,552 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

liam7831 wrote: »
    You must have a lot and i mean a whole lot of spare time!!!
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Dont think Dublin are using their head this year. I mean have they ever heard of peaking at the right time of the year? Dont get me wrong I think they were good value for their victory against Kerry but any team thats training twice a week at 6am in February needs to get their heads examined. Dublin could and will quite possibly win the league this year but imo they will suffer burn out come June or July

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

I had completely forgotten about sluddengate - but thanks for reminding me that Cork are All Ireland Football Champions. It's nice to think back to September when Cork lifted Sam to become All Ireland Football Champions. I am looking forward to seeing if Cork can remain as All Ireland Football Champions. Cork winning the All Ireland Football Championship was fantastic and hopefully, as All Ireland Football Champions, we will win Sam again to remain as All Ireland Football Champions. I am looking forward to seeing if Cork can remain as All Ireland Football Champions. Cork winning the All Ireland Football Championship was fantastic and hopefully, as All Ireland Football Champions, we will win Sam again to remain as All Ireland Football Champions. I am looking forward to seeing if Cork can remain as All Ireland Football Champions. Cork winning the All Ireland Football Championship was fantastic and hopefully, as All Ireland Football Champions, we will win Sam again to remain as All Ireland Football Champions.
    Cork Are All Ireland Football Champions - I'd hate to think of 'something' overshadowing that;)

Thank you for your dignified response,I was glad to see anybody but Tyrone or Kerry win it,it made for a more interesting championship.I'll be looking to see if Dublin can win Sam and take it back to Liffeyside.Thank you for your dignified response,I was glad to see anybody but Tyrone or Kerry win it,it made for a more interesting championship.I'll be looking to see if Dublin can win Sam and take it back to Liffeyside.Thank you for your dignified response,I was glad to see anybody but Tyrone or Kerry win it,it made for a more interesting championship.I'll be looking to see if Dublin can win Sam and take it back to Liffeyside.Thank you for your dignified response,I was glad to see anybody but Tyrone or Kerry win it,it made for a more interesting championship.I'll be looking to see if Dublin can win Sam and take it back to Liffeyside.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

i don't think dublin were full value for the win over kerry, regardless of the incident at the very end, dublin scored 13 times, kerry scored 16 times and it was purely the fitness and the pace that won them the game, kerry were much better footballers.

anyway all this talk of dublin and corks pros and cons...isnt this the kerry thread?!

blackbelt wrote: »
    Thank you for your dignified response,

Tá fáilte romhat a bhuachaill !! Tá fáilte romhat a bhuachaill !!
    Tá fáilte romhat a bhuachaill !! Tá fáilte romhat a bhuachaill !! etc.

manster wrote: »
    Dont think Dublin are using their head this year. I mean have they ever heard of peaking at the right time of the year? Dont get me wrong I think they were good value for their victory against Kerry but any team thats training twice a week at 6am in February needs to get their heads examined. Dublin could and will quite possibly win the league this year but imo they will suffer burn out come June or July

I hadn't heard they were training at 6a.m. - I presume they don't train at night aswell. Most intercounty teams would be training twice a week I would have thought but not in the morning. I do think they will win the lge though, burnout by July - a possibility ( if they're still in it;))

mystic86 wrote: »
    i don't think dublin were full value for the win over kerry, regardless of the incident at the very end, dublin scored 13 times, kerry scored 16 times and it was purely the fitness and the pace that won them the game, kerry were much better footballers.

anyway all this talk of dublin and corks pros and cons...isnt this the kerry thread?!

I disagree,I genuinely believe that we now have the better footballers and we have a gameplan thats damn near perfected now.The workrate of the team is like no other.Our best footballer won footballer of the year last year and so far this year we have 3 wins out of 3.We have put two back to back wins over Kerry beating Kerry in Killarney last year and now in Croke thus breaking that long record of not beating Kerry away or in Croke Park.

I'm just itching for Dublin to get Kerry in the championship and hopefully get pay back for 2007 and 2009.

better footballers? than kerry?

haha.

*leaves*

ps stop posting in here about dublin and cork please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

It is but both Dublin and Cork supporters know that if you want to talk about real football then the best place to do it is on the Kerry GAA thread. :D :pac:

haha.

*leaves*

kerry lost against and which must be hard to take. I think the loss against was a bit more unlucky than the one against . beat them in the dying mins but had a bit more about them than in recent times. Kerry will play in the championship and possibly - looking forward to the one against moreso than against although that could be a good one.;)

haha.

*leaves*

pps. Don't backseat mod please!!!!!

DeepBlue wrote: »
    It is but both Dublin and Cork supporters know that if you want to talk about real football then the best place to do it is on the Kerry GAA thread. :D :pac:

at the moment that's all kerry are good for - beaten by both cork and dublin with the latter odds on to win the lge and the former are All Ireland Champions! - talk away boy!:D:pac:

english? :):)

blackbelt - ur a mod and u keep talking about dublin in a kerry thread?!

Sorry, thought you were Mystic:) :)

blackbelt - ur a mod and u keep talking about dublin in a kerry thread?!

Yes - in reference to the match last week.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Sorry, thought you were Mystic:) :)

ha ha :p

what do people go to mystic's to translate poor written english? no - haha, hilarious

what do people go to mystic's to translate poor written english? no - haha, hilarious

do you mean poorly written english?

• Advertisement

wow, way to overlook the point, my english wasn't so bad as to make it unintelligible.

this thread is becoming a joke, any valid opinions on kerry football going around instead by any chance?

wow, way to overlook the point, my english wasn't so bad as to make it unintelligible.

this thread is becoming a joke, any valid opinions on kerry football going around instead by any chance?

Fella, you asked me not to post about Cork or Dublin again ( I underlined that :rolleyes:) Read the post again and fill in where you think I would have written Cork or Dublin - I DID IT FOR YOU ;)
    It must be a bit foggy in mysticland:D

kerry lost against CORK and DUBLIN which must be hard to take. I think the loss against CORK was a bit more unlucky than the one against DUBLIN. CORK beat them in the dying mins but DUBLIN had a bit more about them than in recent times. Kerry will play CORK in the championship and possibly DUBLIN - looking forward to the one against CORK moreso than against DUBLIN although that could be a good one.;)

Here, I'll help you out;)

Anyway, Kerry for Sam I say:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Stay on topic please. This is about Kerry GAA.

Stay on topic please. This is about Kerry GAA.

Fair point.

Cork are favourites (bookies) for Sam with Kerry second and Dublin third. I do believe the next winner of Sam will come from those 3. However I would put the Dubs above Kerry as they really are on the up and are desperately in need of winning it outright.
    I think the problems that Kerry have will be shown up in the summer. Alot of changes to the team in the last 2 years - for different reasons.
    Darragh has not been replaced and this is the biggest of the problems. Moving donaghy to midfield makes the forward line ( and tactics) much easier to cope with. The defence is leaking goals ( I know its only the league) and this is a relatively knew development for the kingdom.
    On their day Kerry will of course be hard to beat for any team - but there are AT LEAST 2 teams capable I think of doing it and that's not including any northern team, who seem to have the midas touch over Kerry.
    It would of course be typical for them to come back and win it next year, but I just don't see it happening.

On a side note was it a good decision for O'Sé to appeal? Kerry don't have a good record in that dept in recent times - they tend to double the bans. Would it have been better to do an O' Gara ( and Ferguson on it ) - say nothing? If it is doubled he would get the same as O'Gara - who was clearly the aggressor.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Fair point.

Cork are favourites (bookies) for Sam with Kerry second and Dublin third. I do believe the next winner of Sam will come from those 3. However I would put the Dubs above Kerry as they really are on the up and are desperately in need of winning it outright.
    I think the problems that Kerry have will be shown up in the summer. Alot of changes to the team in the last 2 years - for different reasons.
    Darragh has not been replaced and this is the biggest of the problems. Moving donaghy to midfield makes the forward line ( and tactics) much easier to cope with. The defence is leaking goals ( I know its only the league) and this is a relatively knew development for the kingdom.
    On their day Kerry will of course be hard to beat for any team - but there are AT LEAST 2 teams capable I think of doing it and that's not including any northern team, who seem to have the midas touch over Kerry.
    It would of course be typical for them to come back and win it next year, but I just don't see it happening.

On a side note was it a good decision for O'Sé to appeal? Kerry don't have a good record in that dept in recent times - they tend to double the bans. Would it have been better to do an O' Gara ( and Ferguson on it ) - say nothing? If it is doubled he would get the same as O'Gara - who was clearly the aggressor.
    It really has gotton to the point where whenever Kerry play they get someone suspended.
    The same focus was on Tyrone a few years ago, but now they are getting away with everything again (McMenamann). Suppose it'll be Corks turn soon enough, hopefully come championsip.

Why is it that Barry John Keane, got 8 weeks for an attempted headbutt, and O'Gara got the same sentance for an actual headbutt? It's like saying (and yes this is extreme), A Murderer should get the same sentence as someone who shoots and misses?

DDC1990 wrote: »
    It really has gotton to the point where whenever Kerry play they get someone suspended.
    The same focus was on Tyrone a few years ago, but now they are getting away with everything again (McMenamann). Suppose it'll be Corks turn soon enough, hopefully come championsip.

Why is it that Barry John Keane, got 8 weeks for an attempted headbutt, and O'Gara got the same sentance for an actual headbutt? It's like saying (and yes this is extreme), A Murderer should get the same sentence as someone who shoots and misses?

Cork have had a few players in the red aswell - Cadogan, O'leary.

As for BJK - moral of the story - if you are going to do it, do it right!;)
    It is a bit of a joke though to get the same sentance. These kind of sentances will have a huge bearing on the championship as I expect there will be alot of similar 'squaring up'.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

DDC1990 wrote: »

Is there a video of that incident?

I still haven't seen it except from across the ground from the corner of my eye...

I see O'Sé's ban was upheld - no real surprise there really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭lukin

As a Corkman I am obviously not too disappointed that Marc O Se has been banned. The CCC have it in for Kerry and that's no surprise; they got away with it when Kennelly took out Nicholas Murphy in the AI final in 2009 so that definitley has something to do with the number of bans Kerry players are getting since.
    If you look at the statistics over league and championship in the last few years Kerry's discipline record is very bad. People constantly complain about ill-discipline in the GAA but then when the GAA actually do something about it (like eh, banning players such as they are doing with O Se) they are accused of persecuting them.
    Jack O Connor will have to tell his players to watch their step from now on and where's the harm in that? They have got away with enough over the years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement