Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭Buzz Meeks

gaga84 wrote: »
    Cant post up links, but just go to hoganstand and see for yourself, and thats just one site you can look at

For the record and predictably you can show no quotes or links.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Buzz Meeks wrote: »

He literally can't post links, he doesn't have enough posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 gaga84

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    On Mikey Geaney - who were the other options to start ahead of him today given the subs bench was

Brian Kelly
    Tommy Walsh
    Barry John Keane
    Killian Young
    Kieran O’Leary
    Padraig O'Connor
    Alan Fitzgerald
    Philip O’Connor
    Shane Enright
    Peter Crowley
    Paul O'Donoghue

Any of Tommy Walsh, BJK, Alan Fitzgerald or Paul O Dinighue. Would have liked to have seen Philip O Connor in from the start today

I just told you were they are. Whats stopping you from looking?

I just told you were they are. Whats stopping you from looking?

So you've changed your story now.

We've gone from "plenty of people in dublin" to i'm not sure is it one poster or more on the moronic hoganstand forum said dublin had the best team.

Who is the poster on Hoganstand you're refering to. Why don't you type the quote from him/her in here. and name them. And we've come a long way from plenty of dublin people.

It says it all about you that you're on, or even read the hoganstand forum.

• Advertisement

So you've changed your story now.

We've gone from "plenty of people in dublin" to i'm not sure is it one poster or more on the moronic hoganstand forum said dublin had the best team.

Who is the poster on Hoganstand you're refering to. Why don't you type the quote from him/her in here. and name them. And we've come a long way from plenty of dublin people.

It says it all about you that you're on, or even read the hoganstand forum.

Nope said that from the start, you're just trying to ignore it, nothing new from a Dub i suppose.

Well your the one calling your fellow county men moronic...

''clondalkindub''

''Horsebox last year was the biggest freak of all time yous got so lucky it was ridiclous with such an average team, but with Gooch Walsh and Darren O Sullivan fit again yous should be way better. Respect to your team for winning Sam last year all the same with such an average team.''
    One of many simpler comments by him. Others are ''jimbodub'' ''realdub'' ''Joxer'' ''MesAmis'' ''waynoI'' ''AthCliath'' ''hurlingdub'' or ''Liamwalkinstown''

Plenty of them to pick from and all there for you to see for yourself. Of course you wont do that because then you''l see what you're wrong. You'd actually fit in quite well with them come to think of it

On the subject of HS the comments from the Dubs are as are as comical as ever :D

Nope said that from the start, you're just trying to ignore it, nothing new from a Dub i suppose.

Well your the one calling your fellow county men moronic...

''clondalkindub''

''Horsebox last year was the biggest freak of all time yous got so lucky it was ridiclous with such an average team, but with Gooch Walsh and Darren O Sullivan fit again yous should be way better. Respect to your team for winning Sam last year all the same with such an average team.''
    One of many simpler comments by him. Others are ''jimbodub'' ''realdub'' ''Joxer'' ''MesAmis'' ''waynoI'' ''AthCliath'' ''hurlingdub'' or ''Liamwalkinstown''

Plenty of them to pick from and all there for you to see for yourself. Of course you wont do that because then you''l see what you're wrong. You'd actually fit in quite well with them come to think of it

You've put up one quote from one random clown on the internet which doesn't even mention the dublin squad. Where's the quote about dublin having the best squad?

So again you have no quotes and no links to back up your bs assertion.
    And so you're wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭munster87

You've put up one quote from one random clown on the internet which doesn't even mention the dublin squad. Where's the quote about dublin having the best squad?

And so you're wrong.

What a pointless argument

And so you're wrong.

Once again whats stopping you from looking yourself? Worried about what you might see?

''Dublin will win next years All Ireland No dount about it best of luck to the runners up whoever you are but Dublin will be champions once again.''

''Wow do Kerry posters honestly believe there good enough to go back to back from what we seen from this years championship? Take your lucky all Ireland and be happy with yourselves.''

''Lockjaw we got bet we thought we could go all out attack against the parked bus but it didn't work we've learned from it and will be ready next year cause we still have by a country mile the best panel of players in ireland.''

Do you want anymore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Lads, quit the bickering and cross thread posting

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Having watched the Sunday Game highlights (which totally avoided the 4 black cards by the way) I have revised my opinion on the Donaghy "high tackle" which I felt he should have seen yellow for. It was a clumsy tackle, but he actually tackled the ball not O'Carroll's head.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭wonga77

Yeah it looked way worse in real time but there was nothing in it really. Dunno why they sidestepped the black cards, they showed the red card but didnt focus too much on it afterwards. They did look a M Murphys red though for Donegal.
    Dont think Dublin can have any complaints about the black cards or the red tbh. As I said before, not an easy game to ref, very niggly and sneaky digs from both sides

Stephen O'Brien should have got the line for lashing out at Cooper, but it's symptomatic of a wider problem where guys who win frees are shipping two or three seconds of continued "tackling" by the fouler after the whistle has gone. This is presumably both a softening up effort and a wind-up effort, and it works to perfection often enough that it needs to be looked at.

It's hard to blame a guy who has been fouled for reacting the way O'Brien did yesterday or Keegan did last year when Buckley gave him the same treatment. My memory is telling me the Diarmuid Connolly situation against Donegal in 2011 was similar as well.

Bringing the ball up 30/40 yards is obviously the solution and will be implemented eventually, but this behaviour by tacklers is pretty nasty and looks like it's coached at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Having watched the Sunday Game highlights (which totally avoided the 4 black cards by the way)

no point really debating them was there, all 4 were black card offences to be honest and so much happened in the game, i dont think they had time to discuss everything (12 cards in total) and 3 of the yellows (Costello for Dublin, O Brien for Kerry) could have been reds. in fact they both should have been (actually O Brien didnt even get booked did he???).

the Dublin #10 was lucky he wasnt sent off before he was subbed also.

I'd like to think there's an executive decision in RTE to stop analysing the life out of every black card decision and non-decision at this stage. The four that were given were plain as the nose on your face, not sure what would be gained from poring over them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭wonga77

keane2097 wrote: »
    Stephen O'Brien should have got the line for lashing out at Cooper, but it's symptomatic of a wider problem where guys who win frees are shipping two or three seconds of continued "tackling" by the fouler after the whistle has gone. This is presumably both a softening up effort and a wind-up effort, and it works to perfection often enough that it needs to be looked at.

It's hard to blame a guy who has been fouled for reacting the way O'Brien did yesterday or Keegan did last year when Buckley gave him the same treatment. My memory is telling me the Diarmuid Connolly situation against Donegal in 2011 was similar as well.

Bringing the ball up 30/40 yards is obviously the solution and will be implemented eventually, but this behaviour by tacklers is pretty nasty and looks like it's coached at this stage.

Every team does this though, ignore the whistle and pretend they dont hear it for 2 or 3 seconds, which is enough time to give a few belts and then stand back with their hands up in the air looking all innocent.

Anyone who continues to tackle or throw a few slaps after the whistle has gone should be immediately booked, or as you say bring the ball forward 30/40 yards would work too.
    If a free was conceded around the half way line where it is no danger and had to be brought up to the 35 yard line, players wouldnt be long copping on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭corny

keane2097 wrote: »

Donaghy on Ger Brennan in 2011 too. Never leave us Dubs alone.;)

No, it gives credence to the idea that its coached because they know players like Connolly and Brennan are bound to react. Can't remember which game (think it was the Leinster Club final against Rhode) but the 'attention' Connolly got was ridiculous.

Agreed on the solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭flasher0030

corny wrote: »
    Donaghy on Ger Brennan in 2011 too. Never leave us Dubs alone.;)

No, it gives credence to the idea that its coached because they know players like Connolly and Brennan are bound to react. Can't remember which game (think it was the Leinster Club final against Rhode) but the 'attention' Connolly got was ridiculous.

Agreed on the solution.

The likes of Connolly, Donaghy always get that kind of attention, and you're right, in 2 separate club matches in the past few weeks, it was atrocious the amount of winding up that Connolly and Donachy got in their respective matches.

But part of the problem was that the ref was willing to let it happen. It was like the attitude was that as they are a county player, they can handle themselves alright, and we'll give the benefit to the underdog.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

The likes of Connolly, Donaghy always get that kind of attention, and you're right, in 2 separate club matches in the past few weeks, it was atrocious the amount of winding up that Connolly and Donachy got in their respective matches.

But part of the problem was that the ref was willing to let it happen. It was like the attitude was that as they are a county player, they can handle themselves alright, and we'll give the benefit to the underdog.

100% agree on this- that attitude prevails and is the cause of a load of problems on the pitch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Paul Galvin is back!
    KERRY GAA wrote:
    Statement of Eamon Fitzmaurice Manager of Kerry Senior Football team
    Tuesday March 3rd 2015.

"Paul Galvin has re-joined the Kerry Senior Football squad and resumed training this evening".

http://www.kerrygaa.ie/news/354127/Statement_by_Eamonn_Fitzmaurice

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭cul beag

Legend. Brilliant news for Kerry and for the game in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

Heard this yesterday and was hoping it was just idle speculation tbh.

Paul was a fantastic servant from 2003 to 2013 but I can't see this working out well for anyone. If I'm wrong, great.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

This is amazing.

Jaw dropping, didn't see it coming in a million years.

Imagine, bringing Galvin on with 20 minutes to go with a match in the balance.

Galvin, Gooch, JOD, SOB, BJK, T.Walsh, Geaney 1 and Geaney 2, Buckley, Sheahan... and Donaghy!

A vs B games going to be tough going on the backs!

EDIT: Also Darran O'Sullivan.

Heard this yesterday and was hoping it was just idle speculation tbh.

Paul was a fantastic servant from 2003 to 2013 but I can't see this working out well for anyone. If I'm wrong, great.

My heart dropped.

I'm still haunted by his performance against us in the QF2009.

I hope you are right in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

DDC1990 wrote: »
    This is amazing.

Jaw dropping, didn't see it coming in a million years.

Imagine, bringing Galvin on with 20 minutes to go with a match in the balance.

Galvin, Gooch, JOD, SOB, BJK, T.Walsh, Geaney 1 and Geaney 2, Buckley, Sheahan... and Donaghy!

A vs B games going to be tough going on the backs!

EDIT: Also Darran O'Sullivan.

I don't know DDC, call me a doubting Thomas but 2 years ago he was absolutely way off the pace in the Dublin semi final. He has hardly played club football, let alone county since then. He didn't play with Feale Rangers in the county championship last year either. I don't see what he's going to bring to the table and I definitely doubt he can effect a top championship game at this stage.
    Like I said, if I'm wrong..I'll quite happily admit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

On Tommy Walsh did anyone else notice him being uncomfortable in his running? He got clear briefly on the right wing against Dublin n just seemed leggy. He's stiff or something in his ankles? When he's jogging it's like he's on a hot surface or something, maybe he's always been that way?
    Galvin might be used off the bench to drop in ball on Donaghy in the final 20 minutes. I can't see him starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

I don't know DDC, call me a doubting Thomas but 2 years ago he was absolutely way off the pace in the Dublin semi final. He has hardly played club football, let alone county since then. He didn't play with Feale Rangers in the county championship last year either. I don't see what he's going to bring to the table and I definitely doubt he can effect a top championship game at this stage.
    Like I said, if I'm wrong..I'll quite happily admit it.
    His workrate was down but he did have two nice clipped points from play on the left n made most of his passes. He was involved in one buildup to a goal with a great pass back from the left wing in first half?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement