Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Add Seamus O'Shea v Anthony Maher there.

Going to be a massive duel

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Add Seamus O'Shea v Anthony Maher there.

Going to be a massive duel
    Maher is due a performance, he'll have seen how well O'Shea is playing and should be well geared up going into Sunday. He has a point to prove

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

very worried about taht team, Sheehan and Declan are massive losses - both must be injured.

as to How M Geaney keeps getting selected, i dunno. very worried about midfield and half forward line.

very worried about taht team, Sheehan and Declan are massive losses - both must be injured.

as to How M Geaney keeps getting selected, i dunno. very worried about midfield and half forward line.

Geaney tore it up against Galway. Was brilliant. Fully justified his position IMO.

Declans knees are in bits, nearly all cartilage gone. Good for running in straight lines but not much else. Will be a presence with 15mins to go if needed. Sheehan obviously didn't recover from the hip flexor injury. Was pretty critical of Moran's distribution v Galway but overall his game was sound enough. Needs to stop panicking when something doesn't come off.

i thought our short kick out game against Galway was a disaster.

hope that is changed or rectified before Sunday....jaysus im getting nervous now, was grand until i started reading posts about the teams and injurys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

i thought our short kick out game against Galway was a disaster.

hope that is changed or rectified before Sunday....jaysus im getting nervous now, was grand until i started reading posts about the teams and injurys.
    I'm more confident of enjoying a full 70minute game now rather than seeing Kerry stay with Mayo until the final 10 when their bench proves crucial. The team we're starting with is solid - it's not amazing but it's strong enough where it needs to be - the bench it's very strong & it's benches that have been winning matches for Mayo & Dublin so far this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I'm as happy as could be with that team. Would rather Sheehan was in but other than that it's exactly what I would have wanted picked.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Geaney is 8/1 as first goal scorer- Have backed that as I think O Donoghue will be tightly marked and he will be able to sneak in and score

Geaney is 8/1 as first goal scorer- Have backed that as I think O Donoghue will be tightly marked and he will be able to sneak in and score
    14/1 for Stephen O'Brien.

Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

More heartbreak for the Kerry Ladies again this year,lost to Dublin 2-12 to 1-10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Kerry Juniors lost to Cavan in the Junior All Ireland Final,I hope we see the likes of Gavin O Grady getting a run out with the seniors next year in the league,final score today,

Cavan 2-14
    Kerry 0-14

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭aveytare

Geaney tore it up against Galway. Was brilliant. Fully justified his position IMO.

Declans knees are in bits, nearly all cartilage gone. Good for running in straight lines but not much else. Will be a presence with 15mins to go if needed. Sheehan obviously didn't recover from the hip flexor injury. Was pretty critical of Moran's distribution v Galway but overall his game was sound enough. Needs to stop panicking when something doesn't come off.

I'm surprised his knees are so bad. From what I recall he wasn't injured much over the course of his career though I guess there's a fair amount of wear and tear anyway for a lot of gaa players.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Not a good weekend so far - Junior, Ladies and u21 hurlers all lost so far :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    Not a good weekend so far - Junior, Ladies and u21 hurlers all lost so far :(

Ah but u11 hurlers beat Tipp in the community games today by one goal!

All to play for tomorrow as all teams on a win and loss each.

May the best (kerry) team win.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,437 ✭✭✭wonga77

aveytare wrote: »
    I'm surprised his knees are so bad. From what I recall he wasn't injured much over the course of his career though I guess there's a fair amount of wear and tear anyway for a lot of gaa players.

He has had problems with cartillage in his knees going back years, more wear and tear than knocks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,481 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Great game, second half was immense. Thought ye were lucky to draw but could have won it at the end. Mayo with 14 men dominated and only for the introduction of Donaghy would have won. Looking forward to the replay on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Well that was exciting! The management need to conjure something big during the week or our chance is gone. Donaghy made a big impact and will surely get more game time next week. We were second best in every department in the second half and if mayo bring that game with them on Saturday it's hard to see how we can beat them.

I thought David Moran was very good and deserves to keep his place next week, maher was also much improved. Did anybody else feel Marc was way off the pace at the back? Hate to be critical of such a fabulous player but he looked a weak link and I'd be worried about him next week.

Ref made a big call sending Keegan off and it was harsh to say the least, nine times out of ten you get away with what he did. Even with the extra man we couldn't live with mayo, although we had chances to win it at the end. Fingers crossed for next week. Whatever happens the management and squad deserve great credit for getting us so close to another final with all the injuries and retirements they have had to deal with. Great to have another game to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Very exciting match towards the end in the second half when first half was not up to much. Fair play to both teams. A draw was a likely result and fair I think for both teams.

Keegan very much deserved to go from what I saw. Kicked out. That's automatically a Red regardless of force.

Disgusted in the way we let a 5 point lead slip, but delighted with the bottle shown in the end.

Coldrick pointed only one way after the Red card, would have been better off if Mayo had 15 men.

Donaghy as I had hoped was introduced and had a magnificent few minutes. Must be an option again for the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Sad to say but it's over for Declan really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Keegan very much deserved to go from what I saw. Kicked out. That's automatically a Red regardless of force.

Disgusted in the way we let a 5 point lead slip, but delighted with the bottle shown in the end.

Coldrick pointed only one way after the Red card, would have been better off if Mayo had 15 men.

Donaghy as I had hoped was introduced and had a magnificent few minutes. Must be an option again for the next day.

I thought Keegans red was harsh really. At most it was a yellow. Kerry lucky today to draw in overall game but I think they will be a different team next week.

mayo played into our hands by doubling up on o Donoghue and it meant out lads had alot of space - the game was in our control.

the red card changed the game, it brought mayo out of negativity as they had no choice but to go for it.

Fair play to O Leary too, ive been one of his biggest critics but he took on that shot at the end under real pressure and delivered. What a kick that would have been by Sheehan at the death but it was always a touch too far

keane2097 wrote: »
    Sad to say but it's over for Declan really.

He's clearly not fit, hasnt trained much and will be on the operating table soon enough. He owes Kerry nothing and has had a great career in the green and gold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

The curse of second half slump hits Kerry again, has anybody seen a game where we've been the strongest in the second period ?, I knew what was going to happen after the break even with a man advantage.

dd972 wrote: »
    The curse of second half slump hits Kerry again, has anybody seen a game where we've been the strongest in the second period ?, I knew what was going to happen after the break even with a man advantage.

Kerry will more than likely go out next game and blitz Mayo in first 25 mins and hope to build up enough of a lead to hold on. If Mayo get their game going next day out it will be interesting to see who will win but I think Kerry will benefit more from replay than Mayo.

dd972 wrote: »

at least this time we finished strongly. i think the 4 point advantage was primarily due to Mayo f*cking up big time tactically - they based their entire game tactics on James O Donoghue it appears.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Amprodude wrote: »
    Kerry will more than likely go out next game and blitz Mayo in first 25 mins and hope to build up enough of a lead to hold on. If Mayo get their game going next day out it will be interesting to see who will win but I think Kerry will benefit more from replay than Mayo.

I really don't know I thought Mayo win this and win the All Ireland this year but its anyones game really depending who meet Dublin but say it be hard to know who meet Dublin and who win over all.

Amprodude wrote: »
    I thought Keegans red was harsh really. At most it was a yellow. Kerry lucky today to draw in overall game but I think they will be a different team next week.

What was harsh? Kick or attempt to kick with minimal force is a Red card. It was intentional. It was harmless, but that doesn't make it harsh. Rules are rules.

• Advertisement

What was harsh? Kick or attempt to kick with minimal force is a Red card. It was intentional. It was harmless, but that doesn't make it harsh. Rules are rules.

A bit like Tadgh Kenneally against Cork in 2009 but only difference is Tadgh Kenneally stayed on the pitch. Real consistency there. But sure you arent going to agree.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement