Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Indie Night in Dublin?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Is it 17 from right outside the place like?

I used to walk to Hueston Station (:pac:) if the paaaaarmo mob weren't up for it, and I think it used to cost 10something or under 12 anyway.

Was 99.7% sure I seen you outside the place in the "smoking area" (lane way) , but your crowd were big and threatening whereas mine were beyond salvation at that point, and it could only end badly aproaching anyone! Captain Americas €3 Pints beforehand did the damage. We only *just* got one of the lads into ALT in the end.

---

ALT > Antics> Muzik > No Disko! > Transmission > Gaff Party > ****ty Pubs like Whelans.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Where do these Muzik, Transmission and Gaff Party go down? Never heard of any of them tbh.

Off the top of my head (and it is a small city!)

There's

Gaff Party- Wax (weds)
    Whatever they hell they call Wax on a Friday
    Transmission- Button Factory (sat)
    TAC- Button Factory (tues)
    Trashed!- Andys Lane (tues)
    No Disko- Academy (fri)
    Muzik- Button Factory (thurs)
    Tetric- Button Fact ory (weds)
    Antics- Crawdaddy (weds)
    and The Twisted Pepper serves up a good one on a Friday, but its normally 15 blips in, which I don't part with too easy nowadays.....

Obviously there's the pubs too (I like the odd trip to Kennedys or Doyles, bout it) , as far as the clubs go the above (and the always dire downstairs Think Tank) are all I've sampled. Some are completely winrawr (Thrashed!, Antics...) some are the very opposite.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

PrivateEye wrote: »
    Is it 17 from right outside the place like?

I used to walk to Hueston Station (:pac:) if the paaaaarmo mob weren't up for it, and I think it used to cost 10something or under 12 anyway.

Was 99.7% sure I seen you outside the place in the "smoking area" (lane way) , but your crowd were big and threatening whereas mine were beyond salvation at that point, and it could only end badly aproaching anyone! Captain Americas €3 Pints beforehand did the damage. We only *just* got one of the lads into ALT in the end.

From Dame Street it was seventeen. I was on my own last night so wasn't gonna walk too far! I usually walk a bit out if I'm with mates, not Heuston though!
    Haha yeah I totally saw you and tried to think of a sentence I could work Private Eye into, and say it really loud...:pac: Yeah cheap drinks are dangerous!

Friday at Wax is War. Not sure about Spy, or if they're both open for it..?
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=220474880485

Off the top of my head (and it is a small city!)

There's

Gaff Party- Wax (weds)
    Whatever they hell they call Wax on a Friday
    Transmission- Button Factory (sat)
    TAC- Button Factory (tues)
    Trashed!- Andys Lane (tues)
    No Disko- Academy (fri)
    Muzik- Button Factory (thurs)
    Tetric- Button Fact ory (weds)
    Antics- Crawdaddy (weds)
    and The Twisted Pepper serves up a good one on a Friday, but its normally 15 blips in, which I don't part with too easy nowadays.....

Obviously there's the pubs too (I like the odd trip to Kennedys or Doyles, bout it) , as far as the clubs go the above (and the always dire downstairs Think Tank) are all I've sampled. Some are completely winrawr (Thrashed!, Antics...) some are the very opposite.

Actually knew about all the stuff on, just didn't know them by their names. What's Muzik like? My cousin says it's great but it's prob because he does DJ!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

What's Muzik like? My cousin says it's great but it's prob because he does DJ!rolleyes.gif

Its solid. You know what you're getting. The soundsystem in there is fantastic, by far the best of all the 'indie' clubs. Music-wise they play it safe, which isn't necces. a bad thing. One you could bring the schoolmates to if you know what I mean. All in all its pretty thumbs up, yep. Tell your cousin he's doing a grand job ;)

Twee,NEVA do that!!! My only reason for joining boards.ie was the Leaving Cert (:rolleyes:) and my posting is pretty limited now to the college section of the site. So many people have gone 'PRIVATE EYE YEAH!?' to me in real life in college that I'm not sure what name should be on the passport! Donal does fine :pac: I'm also shy as hell so wanted to wait for your 50strong mob to die down a little.

not Heuston though!

Its honestly like 20 minutes.

As for Fridays, Fridays now belong to Wax. Tomorrow night: (Tonight now, jesus....) its TRASHED versus TETRIC. Should be great. Michael Jackson tunes getting remixed to f<ck I'd say.

Twee,NEVA do that!!! My only reason for joining boards.ie was the Leaving Cert (:rolleyes:) and my posting is pretty limited now to the college section of the site. So many people have gone 'PRIVATE EYE YEAH!?' to me in real life in college that I'm not sure what name should be on the passport! Donal does fine :pac: I'm also shy as hell so wanted to wait for your 50strong mob to die down a little.

Haha, glad I didn't so! Ok, I'll call your actual name tomorrow if I see you. I'll tell the mob to keep back :D One of the mob members was very much injured on Tuesday, so we'll be down one!

Does anyone know if Wax and Spy are open together on Friday? Like if I'm at War, can I pop into Trashed vs Tetric? Never been there on a Friday, but that was the case last week at Le Cirque.

Never seen security on 'that door' (Dont actually think there's even a physical door there is there!?) and they dont seem to mind. Many nights we've found ourselves completely underdressed for Spy after popping through that door.

I do h ate the UV lights they have in Wax, feel like a junkie in a Burger King more than a punter in a nice club. Spy has a better general vibe I think.

Tetric versus Trashed failed on several levels, but we actually had great craic upstairs :pac: Very much over the top craic, but craic none the less.

Next: Trashed.

Needs views on Transmission, few of the oul mates want to go on Saturday. Tenner in? Any drink promos? etc...

• Advertisement

^ Fiver in with a flyer, and you'll always find one about!

This Thursday: Vicarious Bliss (Ed Banger Records)
    Button Factory, 10e, 10.30PM.

Should be a great set, be thar.

Saving our oul mullah for Tuesday, probably head to ALT for the first time in a couple of months.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Sibhs

Hi

I'm just wondering what other places are good on a Sat night for Indie music, and we don't like electronic music.
    We are fed up of Whelans and The Oak and need somewhere new!!!
    Was also wondering has anyone gone to Strictly Handbag in the Sugar Club on a Fri night? Thinking of giving that a go.

Nothing to do with your question so sorry but Antics has just jumped it's way up to the front of my list of Indie clubs, cracking night in there last night (after a shocking night in Purty Kitchen).

I was there again last night and a great time! I do hate those umbrellas though.

Went to Transmission for the first time last night, not sure if it's always not that packed but it was ok (I'm just home from Ibiza yesterday so that could have tilted my opinion).

Long awaited return to Trashed! last night, great as usual and bumped into Twee.:D

Last night was great, but wasn't digging the guy from NoDisco tbh. And bumping in to people from the internet is always fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Phantastic Fox

Can't beat a good Antics.

How's the Twisted Pepper these days? What's the best night to head there? I remember Trashed being grand too, must go again sometime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

Haha this is funny

We had deadly Indie night wer I worked and it closed down cause nobody fcuking went and when tehy did they didn't buy drinks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

how is trashed and transmission in the button factory lately?i just got a new promo job for both so looks like il be at both every week:D if anyone is going to either and wants some flyers to get major discounts off entrance just mail me and il give you a load

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Hamiltonion

Transmission is the best night in own by a mile, crawdaddy can be good, as can cooler than you, trashed is funny, some nights are great and some quiet and ****

went to transmission last week and though it was great:)had never been before so was just wondering if it was like that all the time!shall be going tomorrow too i think,seems like a really good night out!

Transmission is the best night in own by a mile, crawdaddy can be good, as can cooler than you, trashed is funny, some nights are great and some quiet and ****

Cooler Than You died WAY too quickly unfortunately. But there are similar ideas from similar people in the pipeline ;)

I have seen Gavin Shels a million times out now, and finally ran into Private Eye, oh internetz :p
    Transmission tomorrow for me.

Twee. wrote: »
    Cooler Than You died WAY too quickly unfortunately. But there are similar ideas from similar people in the pipeline ;)

I have seen Gavin Shels a million times out now, and finally ran into Private Eye, oh internetz :p
    Transmission tomorrow for me.

i unfortunately never got to go to cooler than you:( i have half price transmission flyers if you want some:)

i unfortunately never got to go to cooler than you:( i have half price transmission flyers if you want some:)

It was always fun, kind of had a house party vibe. Hopefully the new venture will go much better!
    Free list ;) Thanks anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Have always struggled to get my mates to go nights like these. Need to drag people somewhere other than coppers. Will give this a go next week/weekend.

Any recommendations for the first place i should go?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

I've had two very good indie nights in the Academy the last two Saturdays. Fantastic stage for live bands, brilliant sound system etc. I checked the Academy giglist to verify the validity of my post and it seems like its not a great time for indie this weekend and its quite dear as opposed to last week were there was 4 bands for 12 euro. Two of the bands were good.

But yeh, I like the place!

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

transmission id say,really good atmosphere there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Looking at tranmission at the button factory on youtube it doesnt even hint at being in any way indie at all?

Advertisement