Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So Where Will You Be? [survivor Map]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jack.t

I would get up the mountains and bring any knife i can find and 3 other people , we wold got to he hell fire club castle and venture every two days to he forest with our make shift bow and arrows also used for defence . Either this catsle or the round tower near carrickmines shopping centre

Possibly dalkey Island because of the sheep population not too close to main land and water ready for purifying

I would also bring a mirror or something reflective

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭_SONIC_

jack.t wrote: »
    I would also bring a mirror or something reflective

the zombie apocolypse is no time to do your hair!!!! :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Watch Ryder

Sounds good to me, but I think that some of us will have locations identified that they won't want to divulge! ;):p

Me too!

It would have to be the wilderness, perhaps with like-minded folks...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Kudos to the person who flagged the central mental hospital. That's my hidey-hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭ItisintheSTARS

Don't you know that they are amongst that they look like human beings.
    That they do not kill with bombs or whatever but by distracting your minds,by attrition,
    by undermining your opinions,and making you weak .
    They come from the ZODIAC universes of SCORPIO and OF AQUARIUS.
    They are in fact PSYCOPATHS,but seem to be human.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Kromdar

Don't you know that they are amongst that they look like human beings.
    That they do not kill with bombs or whatever but by distracting your minds,by attrition,
    by undermining your opinions,and making you weak .
    They come from the ZODIAC universes of SCORPIO and OF AQUARIUS.
    They are in fact PSYCOPATHS,but seem to be human.

wft.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Boats are always the best choice, probably get to dun laoighaire first. From there you can check out alot of places, head up the liffey to see what its like in the city without putting youself at too much risk, although id be careful with bridges. Also theres several unpopulated islands - dalkey island and irelands eye and lambay if things get too overpopulated. The sea also gives you access to other less populated parts of the country north and south of dublin that would be easier to raid for supplies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭GarethWA

VinLieger wrote: »
    Boats are always the best choice, probably get to dun laoighaire first. From there you can check out alot of places, head up the liffey to see what its like in the city without putting youself at too much risk, although id be careful with bridges. Also theres several unpopulated islands - dalkey island and irelands eye and lambay if things get too overpopulated. The sea also gives you access to other less populated parts of the country north and south of dublin that would be easier to raid for supplies.

Viking Splash Tour vehicle! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭hego19

I'm telling you woodies on the malahide rd is as good as it gets:

Resources:
    Tools,lumber,wood,steel shutters all round,high steel fences all round,
    knock out one wall and you go into a furniture shop...beds,couches etc

Safehouses:
    loft area with roof access with locked doors

Outposts:
    stockroom,heavy shutters and exits

Advantages:
    Enclosed all around.Lockable gates.proximity to lidl/aldi/mc donalds
    bbq and loads of gas

its just brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 docinabox

Id probably try get to some island around Clew bay/ the Westport area. Plenty of food if you know how to fish and a good few of those islands are easy to barricade. Even the light house island. Stand watch there and you can see whats coming on the surface of the water. Hostile survivors etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Garathon

Great thread here, just added some for sligo :D
    Havent had time to read all posts (yet) here, but hope nnobody has forgotten the absolute haul to be had from hotels and outdoos shops!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Bobboa

Anyone in cork, I'll be hiding in either Web Workhouse(Off patrick's street) or else mahon point(Make it like dead rising)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Fete

Whoever made this map is a genious. How do I add to it though?

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Kromdar

Fete wrote: »
    Whoever made this map is a genius. How do I add to it though?
    thanks for the appreciation.

press the collaborate button. i think you need a gmail account

collab.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Fete

Kromdar wrote: »
    thanks for the appreciation.

press the collaborate button. i think you need a gmail account

collab.jpg

All right, got it. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

I love this thread :) My I suggest Waterford for a community? My plan is that we get a large group together and all go to Waterford. If you remember you history waterford was a highly fortified town back in the old days, most of the towns wall are still intact with even the odd watch town. I we were to rebuild the towns defences(Wouldn't take that long) we could have the entire middle of the city zombie proof. This would allow access to the bridge(can leave and enter whenever) or use the river to bring up supplies, its the perfect town for long term survival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

To be honest I like the Dublin Harbour if I was a zombie I don't think I would figure out to use a boat. I would also go to an island

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭MWoods

Does anyone know of any good crannógs near Dublin? I'd head there. Good defensive perimeter, shelter already made for a small community and room enough for a small farm if i could get my hands on seeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Crannog wouldnt be the best if you had a couple 100/0 zeds around, Crannog's where pretty much wooden forts remember on a hill. There is an old castle in dundrum but it's pretty run down.

The town centre there is too big too many entrances be it direct or in direct, ie the carpark and back halls. But saying that if you had enough people and a fast plan the Dundrum Town Centre would be a fortress,

High points for snipers, wide area of view, running water, Big thick stone walls.

Be near on impossible to get in if taken care of right,

But at the start there would be a lot of looters and first place they'd go....

No, I'm talking bout one of those crannógs in the middle of a lake. Like to see them get me there icon10.gif Or else the Royal College of Surgeons. Stone building that's hard to get into. Medical supplies. Backup generators and water I assume. And other improv weapons. Anyone know whether a defrib unit can kill a zombie? icon10.gif

• Advertisement

Zeds can get past water and if your on an island where can you run too :S

Dunno about the dfibs... :P

I thought they were too stupid to swim and they can't walk on a riverbed cos they would float to the top. Need this verified so I can make a plan for sure :D

Land of the dead and WWZ once there lungs/bodys fill with water they walk along the bed. Scary thought :P

Crap, Good call :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Jackalxx

hey guys, with the launch of the google streetview in ireland we can now evaluate all our hiding places and see what they actually look like on the map of all the locations we marked.
    i lokked at the mental hospital and see the high walls one of you's spoke of, pretty cool.
    check out streetview it owns.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

In Dublin it would have to be Drimagh Castle.
    High stone walls, heavy wooden doors, flooded moat, Keep, gardens & in range of several industrial areas to raid for supplies. :)

Jackalxx wrote: »
    hey guys, with the launch of the google streetview in ireland we can now evaluate all our hiding places and see what they actually look like on the map of all the locations we marked.
    i lokked at the mental hospital and see the high walls one of you's spoke of, pretty cool.
    check out streetview it owns.

See told you :D

Tried looking in the Mint but can't see further in. Always wanted to go in there as a kid when i lived in sandyford :D

• Registered Users Posts: 41 strange john

MWoods wrote: »
    No, I'm talking bout one of those crannógs in the middle of a lake. Like to see them get me there icon10.gif Or else the Royal College of Surgeons. Stone building that's hard to get into. Medical supplies. Backup generators and water I assume. And other improv weapons. Anyone know whether a defrib unit can kill a zombie? icon10.gif

If a Zombie is undead, then it has no beating heart. A defib might start the heart and turn it into a super zombie.

As for me, I'm going the home place in Mullingar for the zombie onslaught. 200 acres of land for meat, veg and bio diesel, an old farmhouse with three foot thick stone walls and a farmyard full of machinery, tractors, ex army loaders, welders etc etc. Not to mention copious shotguns, a decent rifle with a scope and even a compound bow! All are welcome as long as you're bringing something useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 strange john

If there was enough of us, barricade both ends of the westlink bridge (on teh M50 over the liffey) and charge anyone passing through a "toll" i.e. 5% of whatever cargo their transporting.

Either end of the bridge would be easily defendable and it's unassailable from the edges because of its height.

The Government make loads off this particular bridge. i reckon once we're in a state of anarchy, we should exploit all these opportunities for more altruistic objectives.

Can't link on the googlemap for some reason.

• Advertisement

If a Zombie is undead, then it has no beating heart. A defib might start the heart and turn it into a super zombie.

As for me, I'm going the home place in Mullingar for the zombie onslaught. 200 acres of land for meat, veg and bio diesel, an old farmhouse with three foot thick stone walls and a farmyard full of machinery, tractors, ex army loaders, welders etc etc. Not to mention copious shotguns, a decent rifle with a scope and even a compound bow! All are welcome as long as you're bringing something useful.

Zombies must have a heart, it is essential to keep cells alive. Unless you're talking about some voodoo, necromanced zombie (who wouldn't be spreading a zombie infection), or else if the infection has turned human cells into a group of bacteria held together with means of making their own food from chemicals in their environment, which would defeat the purpose of them eating.

Advertisement