Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So Where Will You Be? [survivor Map]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Jackalxx

Thats the kinda thing I'd be looking for, low population = lower chance of risk of infection. You would have more control over your enviroment.

Staying in a high populated area is complete maddness, Hundreds of thousands of infected people and Zeds knocking around, contanment of a large hold up would attract them all. the infected trying to find safety, because they will always hope they can be cured/saved and the Zeds will follow these. It would be surrounded by thousands.

Out on an Island would be ideal, aslong as it was small enough to protect and large enough to grow crops, maybe keep a few animals. Every six months you could send a scout to shore to see how the mainland was faring out.

exactly, and all you need to ensure is the virus does not get on the island, no outsiders, no one exempt from that rule.

"All outsiders will be shot on sight" policy so no virus can make its way in.

if you stay in the city you WILL die,Government will fall,any kind of law system etc will disappear, people will be shot if they commit crime, it would be hell really and would put us back a few hundred years for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Kromdar

Jackalxx wrote: »
    it would be hell really and would put us back a few hundred years for sure

aaah, the 1700's...
    can't wait :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

id try escape to the nearest isolated island thats non habitated....of course with as much food as i can possibly get...wait out until the zombies die of starvation:poh and of course some playboy to keep me occupied:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

Thats the kinda thing I'd be looking for, low population = lower chance of risk of infection. You would have more control over your enviroment.

Staying in a high populated area is complete maddness, Hundreds of thousands of infected people and Zeds knocking around, contanment of a large hold up would attract them all. the infected trying to find safety, because they will always hope they can be cured/saved and the Zeds will follow these. It would be surrounded by thousands.

Out on an Island would be ideal, aslong as it was small enough to protect and large enough to grow crops, maybe keep a few animals. Every six months you could send a scout to shore to see how the mainland was faring out.

just seen i had same idea as u....if this ever happens im tagging along with you:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Father Stone

Go to Clonmacnoise or one of those islands, try sticking it out for a few months like the old monks!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Clare island is a good idea apart from one thing:You can't grow S*** out there[no offence if your from there]

And can zombies swim/drown? A decent moat would suffice for a lot fo places and we'd have no trouble filling it *looks up*

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

Jackalxx wrote: »
    exactly, and all you need to ensure is the virus does not get on the island, no outsiders, no one exempt from that rule.

"All outsiders will be shot on sight" policy so no virus can make its way in.

What if someone makes it there before you and has the same policy?!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Father Stone

smegmar wrote: »

Make sure you have a bigger gun:D

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

smegmar wrote: »

This is very true and will happen, organised groups that swing into action as soon as the brown stuff hits the fan will have the highest survival rate. I have already compiled a list of names whose group I would like to be in come Z day.

I live by a harbour, lots of posh comfy sailing boats around. I'm thinking I'd steal one (owner will be either be a zombie or hiding in his big fancy jeep by that stage), sail out far enough that I can see the shore but it will be too deep for any possible underwater walking zombies to reach me.

Any supply trips on land could be well planned out in advance as I could sit in my boat casing out the buildings. I wouldnt need fuel as it would be a sailing boat. If I ever got stuck for food I could try my hand at fishing (I'd say with all us humans either zombies or in hiding, the fish population would go well up).

And, in a perfect (albeit zombie-ridden) world, I'd have a sniper rifle and ammo which I could use to pass the time, sitting on the deck, in the sun, killing beach zombies in perfect safety.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭NOGMaxpower

Well here's a "golden" spot for defenses and to be honest it where I am headed!

The Mint (where they make the money and store gold) in Sandyford.

In close proximity there's Dundrum Shopping Centre (Food/supplies) and Sandyford/Stillorgan industrial part, hardware, food, transport etc.

The min it self is one of Irelands most secure pieces of land, along its borders are 30-40 foot fences all electricfied, there are turrets/watch posts throughout and inside there is plenty of land for growing veg/fruit etc.

Not only does it provide defense, food and access to local supplies it also houses our gold and currency. If Z day happens and we have any hope of survival or rescue hard cash or good ol gold will be our one sure ticket out of there.

If we need to move around there are armored trucks/vans and cars at our disposal. Also there is an army/garda base inside full of weapons, gas masks and other handy gear.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

In close proximity there's Dundrum Shopping Centre (Food/supplies) and Sandyford/Stillorgan industrial part, hardware, food, transport etc.

The min it self is one of Irelands most secure pieces of land, along its borders are 30-40 foot fences all electricfied, there are turrets/watch posts throughout and inside there is plenty of land for growing veg/fruit etc.

Not only does it provide defense, food and access to local supplies it also houses our gold and currency. If Z day happens and we have any hope of survival or rescue hard cash or good ol gold will be our one sure ticket out of there.

If we need to move around there are armored trucks/vans and cars at our disposal. Also there is an army/garda base inside full of weapons, gas masks and other handy gear.

Thoughts?

The walls are too low i think just over 8 feet so if enough bodys where on the outside would cause a ramp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭NOGMaxpower

thats just the outer perimeter wall mate and its more like 20 foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Apoliges and dam my lack of perception

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 S9M95

I wouldn't fancy an Island,it would get too lonley and creepy,I would find a small group of survivers and set up a basewith turrets around.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭CyanRain

Added Colaiste Choilm in Tullamore. If you can get a sniper rifle and ammo from somewhere else first, you're sorted there.

Shopping centre's would be great, especially balcony ones like the Bridge Center in Tullamore. Lot's of food and improv weapons, 4 computers with internet, TVs, hundreds of mobile phones, loads of resources in all the shops, too. There's a hairdresser, office supplies, electronics, Dunnes, kitchenware, post office (with vans, of course), security guard supplies and there's a library across the road, which people always seem to flee to in zombie and disaster movies. Also the cinema beside it and Bridge House Hotel beside it, which would both be great hiding spots with lots of resources aswell.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 NoodlesMcTavish

I've actually filled my boat with supplies (everything I need, canned goods, first aid, manual generator, fuel, alcohol etc.). Also have a zipline (well, its actually just an electric cable, but same principle!) that heads straight down to the dock from the window of my flat.

Once on the boat, I can sail to freedom! Sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 HammstR

what about inland islands. was in spiddal in galway once went for a drive heading for lough corrib. took a tiny mountain road due north. basically a gravel path. at the top of these mountains was a lake with an island in the middle of it. small old galvanised roofed cottage already built on . this gives protection of island and being in a remote low population area but 20 minutes to the coast for fishing and an hour to a large city for decent supplies. nobody has to learn to sail which i reckon would actually be a pain in the hole. remember james may from top gear in the car boat.
    reckon this would be a serious contender.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Top o blanch 'shappin centre.. tis the ony place tah bee yah cana' deny eh!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

rizzee wrote: »
    Top o blanch 'shappin centre.. tis the ony place tah bee yah cana' deny eh!
    But thats full of Zombies on a day to day basis :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭aaro26

Its Mad to see how one map has progressed from an Idea made after a talk about Zombies at 4 in the morning to... this!

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Kromdar

aaro26 wrote: »
    Its Mad to see how one map has progressed from an Idea made after a talk about Zombies at 4 in the morning to... this!

yes. quite. of course the survival of humanity isn't THAT big an issue.

Well It's not like It's gonna happen tomorrow

aaro26 wrote: »
    Well It's not like It's gonna happen tomorrow

Do you know something we don't?

Who's to say the infection isn't making it's way to us now.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Do you know something we don't?

Who's to say the infection isn't making it's way to us now.

Nope just someone who needs how to learn to debate.

I prescribe 2 weeks of reading the atheism and agnosticism forum :D

Me or Micky, Doc?

And maybe I do or maybe I don't Mickey

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Thoughts?

That's just around the corner from my house, so it'd be handy for me alright :p

Just one question.... If it is so secure.. how exactly would we get in in the first place? :D

That's just around the corner from my house, so it'd be handy for me alright :p

Just one question.... If it is so secure.. how exactly would we get in in the first place? :D

When Zed day happens, people will take no heed of jobs, they will rush home to be with their famlies. Most if not all "secure" buildings will be left abandoned as under payed employees seek sanctuary else where.

Best bet is to leave highly populated area's as quickly as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭jkrowling

ok I'm new to all this zombie survival stuff but intigued all the same.

Having read all the posts here I will be making my way to Dublin port to board that ferry as that seems the best and most logical way to survive - I'm no expert here but Zombies can't come out in daylight right??? So we just keep sailing into daylight all the time and we should be fine?? My boyfriend works for a lab supply company so we can supply some useful chemicals for blowing up the mofos!:D

• Advertisement

jkrowling wrote: »
    ok I'm new to all this zombie survival stuff but intigued all the same.

Having read all the posts here I will be making my way to Dublin port to board that ferry as that seems the best and most logical way to survive - I'm no expert here but Zombies can't come out in daylight right??? So we just keep sailing into daylight all the time and we should be fine?? My boyfriend works for a lab supply company so we can supply some useful chemicals for blowing up the mofos!:D

Think you maybe confusing Zeds with Vamps or the mutants in I am a Leg end.

Don't worry, you'll learn all you need to know here :)

Advertisement