Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So Where Will You Be? [survivor Map]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭$kilkenny

Im going to an army barracks to get a few machine guns and hopefully a 30. caliber heavy machine gun to mount it on a jeep or trailer and drive around killing them ha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

guys I entered my Alaskan hideout just in case Ireland goes belly up and you somehow can make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Kromdar

Valmont wrote: »
    guys I entered my Alaskan hideout just in case Ireland goes belly up and you somehow can make it.

has it got seaplane access? that would be sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

yes there is a good sized lake 2 miles away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Horgant

Can I go to Alaska with you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 doyler32

Boards is no longer secure! Their agents have begun to infiltrate! Everyone to their positions! Ahhhhhhhh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

if zombies ever had the co ordination and intelligence yo use a computer and access the WWW I can well and truly say.... well... they wouldn't be zombies... just.... cannibals :P

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭daveyid89

my house, in the countryside.... preferably with time to fortify it adequatley b4 the outbreak,... im thinkin the attic. but it is only good for non intelligent mainstream zombies.... otherwise im going for a deserted island (deserted except for plentiful fresh water, food and naked babes of course

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

This is the funniest thing i have ever read !

I'll be in my attic with a packet of crackers btw !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 TheRavens_dara

lambay island!!

bring a select few and sail to the island!!

wed have to murder everyone on the island incase they were z's but wed tear down their houses and build a fortress from their houses!!

dara =1

zombies = 0

residents = -1 (coz theyre dead)

p.s no offence to the people of lambay island but every one dies!!!! lolol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

started the map yet

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭_SONIC_

lambay island!!

bring a select few and sail to the island!!

wed have to murder everyone on the island incase they were z's but wed tear down their houses and build a fortress from their houses!!

dara =1

zombies = 0

residents = -1 (coz theyre dead)

p.s no offence to the people of lambay island but every one dies!!!! lolol

harsh but i see where your coming from!!! can i join you???

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Bucklesman

The Quinn Building in the Blanchardstown Centre. Probably the best option as a short to medium term fortress in Dublin 15. The Quinn building is a high-rise office block isolated from the rest of the shopping centre, with commanding views over most of Blanch. More than 20 floors of office space could accomodate hundreds of survivors and allow enough resources to be stockpiled for months or even years.

commercial_quinn2.jpg

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=100639945625721270847.000461c0b9fe5e619d67b&ll=53.393515,-6.385889&spn=0.002949,0.010568&t=h&z=17

Security
    As soon as the clerical staff have left the lifts can be disabled and the stairs from the ground to the first floor can be destroyed and/or barricaded. The building is therefore inpenetrable. Cars, trolleys and desks could be used to build barricades and secondary perimeters.

Resources
    Looting the supermarkets should provide ample food, water, medicine and bedding to serve the needs of a decent sized group for at least a year or so. I believe most high-rise buildings have sizeable water tanks to keep up the water pressure which could store plenty of fresh water.

Additionally, tools and materials from the gardening and DIY shops would allow the improvisation of weapons and equipment. Blanchardstown library could supply entertainment and all the information required to survive and rebuild.

Possibly a large stock of abandoned cars in car parks around the centre which can be used as a source of spare parts and fuel.

Disadvantages
    Proximity to likely infection hotspots: James Connolly Memorial Hospital, N3 and M50.
    Densely poulated location.
    Lack of firearms.
    Probable presence of other looters.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

very nice idea there, for all the blanchies.

just a question are the first and second floors fully glass windowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Bucklesman

All the floors are windowed, but once the stairs and lifts are cut off, the Zees can shuffle around the lobby as long as they want. That's more of a short term solution until the ground floor can be barricaded.

If we are somehow confronted with zombies that can shoot ectoplasm or something, we can use desks to board up the windows on the lower floor. And drop computers on them from the roof in lieu of using firearms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

heres a link to dublin rivers http://gokml.net/2lg.kml
    you can put in the search bay and view along with the map

perhaps define the places as short term and long term as long term you need fresh water and outside space.

although you can find other springs or dig a well

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭3nero

my plan for Z-day is to head down to the local harbour and secure a small motor boat and sail that to dublin port. then board the ulysses car ferry. Once i'm in control of the ferry i can load it up with petrol tankers and refridgerator trucks full of food from the docks. i'll also grab a few 4x4s and vans from the import yards (for scavaging runs later on) then i'll sail the ferry out to sea and stay out there as long as the food lasts.
    once supplies run out i'll sail back in to scavage for more supplies using the 4x4s and vans
    I will be needing a crew so any one who is with me meet me near the ship on Z-day:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Jackalxx

in any kind of infection/zombie/smallpox scenario any urban populated areas especially cities are the absolute worse place to be, especially a zombie outbreak.
    your best option is to head into the wicklow mountains as far away from populated areas as you can get.
    bring a rifle and a good bit of ammunition so you can hunt deer, theres plenty to keep you going and also plenty of fresh water in the streams up there.
    just be prepared to get wet and cold until you get a good shelter going or build a hut or even just use tents, that way you can move around every 3 days to a new location.
    i wouldnt even go into dublin city to scavenge,way too dangerous considering the population vs the population that would be infected.
    your best option is to scavenge satellite towns around dublin and rural villages, even farm crops and animals will be found alot there.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

3nero wrote: »
    my plan for Z-day is to head down to the local harbour and secure a small motor boat and sail that to dublin port. then board the ulysses car ferry. Once i'm in control of the ferry i can load it up with petrol tankers and refridgerator trucks full of food from the docks. i'll also grab a few 4x4s and vans from the import yards (for scavaging runs later on) then i'll sail the ferry out to sea and stay out there as long as the food lasts.
    once supplies run out i'll sail back in to scavage for more supplies using the 4x4s and vans
    I will be needing a crew so any one who is with me meet me near the ship on Z-day:cool:

Nice plan, seems easy enough, can you operate a ferry?

• Advertisement

did anyone say they are going to form a gang of raiders like the ones from fallout 3 and go around and murder,torture and pillage lol.
    that would be crazy, like from mad max.

if not, i will for that gang and we will seize your ferry via jet skies!!!!

Nice plan, seems easy enough, can you operate a ferry?

I'm sure the instruction manual will be still in the glovebox :P

and i can sail out of range of any jetski's :cool:

3nero wrote: »
    I'm sure the instruction manual will be still in the glovebox :P

and i can sail out of range of any jetski's :cool:

i see a whole waterworld thing happening lol.
    we will have jet skies and speed boats mounted with dual 50. cal machine guns.
    ferry is gonna sink if it tries to re-enter dublin harbour (insert evil laugh) :D

there's many harbours in this world:P

and my ship will hold lots of survivors, by the time we make it back to dublin after many years of looting foreign cites, you and your puny little jetski's will be no match for our A-Team style defenses :D
    plus i will be leading a rag-tag armada of ships and boats from other survivors..ALL YOUR BASE WILL BELONG TO US! :eek:

dennishopper-waterworld.jpg

:D:D

we will destroy al the the lighthouse bulbs, mwhahah, so you run the risk of runningyour precous ferry into rocks!!!

by that time we would have become very efficient at...killing, and ireland..... or as we cal it now, skull island would be our base and the zombies would be trained to obey.
    your armada of ships will need more than witty puns to destroy us.
    we will place a bounty on your crew

:D:D

yeah the lack of women surviors might be a problem alright:o

AH well...any port in a strom :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Any post-apocalyptic type of event would require a different response depending on how much time you had to prepare. Like, if you have two minutes, the basement or attic would be your best bet, and if you had two weeks, a well developed and self-sustainable fortress would be a good bet.

I would be tempted to say UCD... but the lack of exterior walls (particularly at the front entrance :D) would seriously handicap any attempts to hold the whole campus (which would be necessary if you wanted to let's-say, attempt to farm any of the playing fields). Although if the worst came to the worst, the underground tunnels and over-ground bridges would be invaluable.

Another, and more likely UCD territory would be the Smurfit School in Blackrock --> the limiting factor would be a source of clean water (I think there is an underground river somewhere...) and electricity source.

Any post-apocalyptic type of event would require a different response depending on how much time you had to prepare. Like, if you have two minutes, the basement or attic would be your best bet, and if you had two weeks, a well developed and self-sustainable fortress would be a good bet.

I would be tempted to say UCD... but the lack of exterior walls (particularly at the front entrance :D) would seriously handicap any attempts to hold the whole campus (which would be necessary if you wanted to let's-say, attempt to farm any of the playing fields). Although if the worst came to the worst, the underground tunnels and over-ground bridges would be invaluable.

Another, and more likely UCD territory would be the Smurfit School in Blackrock --> the limiting factor would be a source of clean water (I think there is an underground river somewhere...) and electricity source.

what would you do about the thousands of people that walk through there everyday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

I've added in Clare Island off the Mayo coast, pretty hard for any Z-people to get out there. Queen Maeve's hide-out once upon a time.

Plenty of sheep too for food and other purposes.

• Advertisement

MayoForSam wrote: »
    I've added in Clare Island off the Mayo coast, pretty hard for any Z-people to get out there. Queen Maeve's hide-out once upon a time.

Plenty of sheep too for food and other purposes.

Thats the kinda thing I'd be looking for, low population = lower chance of risk of infection. You would have more control over your enviroment.

Staying in a high populated area is complete maddness, Hundreds of thousands of infected people and Zeds knocking around, contanment of a large hold up would attract them all. the infected trying to find safety, because they will always hope they can be cured/saved and the Zeds will follow these. It would be surrounded by thousands.

Out on an Island would be ideal, aslong as it was small enough to protect and large enough to grow crops, maybe keep a few animals. Every six months you could send a scout to shore to see how the mainland was faring out.

Advertisement