Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New GAA fantasy site

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 rockhammer

Hey,

we hope to make the points available and open the transfers from tonight. We'll keep you posted!! :)

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Wonder is there many in it, am in 10th spot

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

It says this league is currently not open to entry?

logged in to the site, then I clicked on "your team" and had my points total and position there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 DancingOmelette

I've finished the point calculation code (was pulling a late one on that last night...), now we're adding in the results of the weekend's games. The points you see at the moment aren't final, there'll be more as we add the rest of the results.

We'll be adding a leaderboard shortly - probably tomorrow - to let you see your place in the standings and check out everyone else's teams (from the last week - you won't get to see the team they're doing for the next weekend, otherwise everyone would just copy the leader's team :)). Then we'll be doing the "points this week" page so you can see which players earned what points for you.

We'll open the league up for transfers again later today once we've finished adding these results. We could re-open it now but we figure that could confuse people when their points keep changing... Next weekend it'll be much faster as all the code for adding the results is in place now.

We're adding in the hurling teams at the moment too, so we'll open that up for your teams shortly :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

-3 for a second yellow!? If they manage to get a second one they should be getting a bonus of at least 10! :D

Haha, good point Cliste, we didn't update the help page for the new rules yet...

Update on the points - adding the results is slow this time because we're also finding some players who played this weekend that are missing from the teams on our site, so we're having to add those as we go. We've opened the league now so you can set your teams up (or join the league in the case of new signups), but the points and position on your team page isn't final yet - we're still adding results.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem - the fada's aren't displaying for me (eg Ó'Sé).

I have come across this problem before, and one solution is to add this line into the <head>:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

It specifies the character type.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

Anyone know when we can make hurling teams?

Gingy wrote: »
    Anyone know when we can make hurling teams?

Hey Gingy, were pushed at the min updating the scores - we should have the fantasy hurling available 2morow - check the gaamanager site we will make a note when its available!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

hay lads just made my team.do i have to regester into a league or am i automaticly in a league.
    site looks sweet by the way..congrats

demakinz wrote: »
    hay lads just made my team.do i have to regester into a league or am i automaticly in a league.
    site looks sweet by the way..congrats

Cheers demakinz, appreciate the comment, no once youve entered your team thats its.

We will be opening up the hurling transfers tomorrow so check back and test your hurling skills :)

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

is there a page to see how the scores are calculated?
    i know ye are under pressure.:D

Soon..........very soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jellybaby21

Hey just noticed you are missing Wicklow's best forward in Seanie Furlong, he won a sportstar award in the champ last year!!!

Hey just noticed you are missing Wicklow's best forward in Seanie Furlong, he won a sportstar award in the champ last year!!!

Hey Jellybaby, yea we know our squads arnt perfect, we are trying to add to them as we go along.... cheers for pointing that out though - he's in there now! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

Looks great - im off to start picking my football team - cant wait for the Hurling

one minor glitch i noticed was the spelling of Offaly - should have only one L

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jellybaby21

rockhammer wrote: »
    Hey Jellybaby, yea we know our squads arnt perfect, we are trying to add to them as we go along.... cheers for pointing that out though - he's in there now! :)
    Thanks for that was looking for him for my team :)

Tada! Hurling league opened.
    Some of the players are bound to be wrong, especially cork :eek: but we'll add the new ones as they show up in games during the league.

Cheers for the note Jugs, fixed the spelling of Offaly, oops :D

Hey,

Does anybody have any pics of the fingal hurling kit>?

It would be much appreciated, we cant find it anywhere!! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭JamieK

Well done lads on creating the page...about time someone took the initiative in making a GAA one...just a thought...a few people have mentioned that they could have done with more money...they might have been talking about the football but I did a hurling team and was able to have a lot of star players in it and afford to have Mullane and Corbett on my bench so maybe a slight decrease in the kitty?? Maybe thats just me though...it might reward people for picking out a few young quality players as opposed to everyone relying on the big names...??

Well done again though on making the page!!! :):D:)

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭CyberDave

Great work. The football is definitely harder to pick than the hurling. Just noticed that some of the hurling panels are not fully up to date. Paul Flynn is not on the Waterford panel anymore. Alan Kerins and Eugene Cloonan are no longer on the Galway panel. Could you add Michael Grace and Richie Hogan to the Kilkenny forwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

Great - hurling league up and running
    One issue - the offaly team is actually the football team, not the hurlers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

The Wexford hurling panel is quite out of date. Rory McCarthy and Declan Ruth are no longer playing, Stephen Banville is missing from the forwards.

Are they still working on this site, no football scores updated for last weekends matches

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭YourName

Just signed up there . . . . . I now I'm a bit late. But when can I create a team??? if I can at all???

Only got 17 points last weekend yet Mcgourty of Antrim got 3-5 last weekend:confused::confused:

Hi,

So we've reopened the leagues tonight - the football points should all be up to date.

We are now moving on to work on hurling league - things should be flowing better soon.... thanks for bearing with us. :)

shiibata wrote: »
    Only got 17 points last weekend yet Mcgourty of Antrim got 3-5 last weekend:confused::confused:

hey shiibata - the antrim game has just been entered - you should have your points now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭YourName

Nothings changed since last weekends games, is this still going???

Advertisement