Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New GAA fantasy site

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭JamieK

Well done lads on creating the page...about time someone took the initiative in making a GAA one...just a thought...a few people have mentioned that they could have done with more money...they might have been talking about the football but I did a hurling team and was able to have a lot of star players in it and afford to have Mullane and Corbett on my bench so maybe a slight decrease in the kitty?? Maybe thats just me though...it might reward people for picking out a few young quality players as opposed to everyone relying on the big names...??

Well done again though on making the page!!! :):D:)

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭CyberDave

Great work. The football is definitely harder to pick than the hurling. Just noticed that some of the hurling panels are not fully up to date. Paul Flynn is not on the Waterford panel anymore. Alan Kerins and Eugene Cloonan are no longer on the Galway panel. Could you add Michael Grace and Richie Hogan to the Kilkenny forwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

Great - hurling league up and running
    One issue - the offaly team is actually the football team, not the hurlers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

The Wexford hurling panel is quite out of date. Rory McCarthy and Declan Ruth are no longer playing, Stephen Banville is missing from the forwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Are they still working on this site, no football scores updated for last weekends matches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭YourName

Just signed up there . . . . . I now I'm a bit late. But when can I create a team??? if I can at all???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Only got 17 points last weekend yet Mcgourty of Antrim got 3-5 last weekend:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 rockhammer

Hi,

So we've reopened the leagues tonight - the football points should all be up to date.

We are now moving on to work on hurling league - things should be flowing better soon.... thanks for bearing with us. :)

shiibata wrote: »
    Only got 17 points last weekend yet Mcgourty of Antrim got 3-5 last weekend:confused::confused:

hey shiibata - the antrim game has just been entered - you should have your points now :)

• Advertisement

Nothings changed since last weekends games, is this still going???

mcgowaner wrote: »
    Nothings changed since last weekends games, is this still going???

Sorry McGowaner - yes we are still going. We have ran into different issues but I think were over the worst of it now............we have been updating the footie results 2nite - you will see your points growing hopefully.

As for the rest of the site were working hard to get it live asap - bear with us! it'll be worth it for rest of league and the championship!!!! :D

Yeh mate sorry, was just hoping that everything was still going strong with the site. Yeh I understand that its a huge workload for yous but keep up the good work and it will pay off.

Thanks,
    mcgowaner

mcgowaner wrote: »
    Yeh mate sorry, was just hoping that everything was still going strong with the site. Yeh I understand that its a huge workload for yous but keep up the good work and it will pay off.

Thanks,
    mcgowaner

Cheers man, we appreciate it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭kodmuffin

hey lads
    how is the site going?i notice there hasnt been much action in recent times-its a realy good idea so i hope it works out well for you
    best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭corcaioch

Great Idea! Hope it's back up an running fully soon...
    Can't wait for the Championship one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

where are the kilkenny guys for hurling

So me and a friend have been working on a GAA fantasy site as a hobby - www.gaamanager.com. We've just got it running for the national football league... it's early days yet, we still have a lot of work to do on the site, but enough of the functionality is there to make it playable for the start of the league. Come sign up and give it a go, let us know what you think. Get your friends to sign up too and get their teams selected and ready for the start of the league tomorrow. We'll be introducing mini leagues soon where you'll be able to host a league for you and your friends to compete in.

We'll be running it for the hurling league too, but we need to get all the hurling teams and players set up before you'll be able to set up teams for that - should be ready early next week.

I know it's a bit short notice for the football league, but we'll be running it as a kind of early beta trial during the league, improving it so we have it perfect for the championship.

Very good. Well done. few tweaks and your on the ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

Just signed up to it, good luck with it, it looks good, maybe have €150m instead of €140m.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭CyberDave

Is this site going to be updated for 2010? and why is there no Kilkenny hurling players? I know you might be sick of them winning, but it's no reason to leave them out... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

To be honest I don't think it really ever started properly last year..

It'd be great to see alright, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it this year. If ya want fantasy GAA thrills look elsewhere!

• Advertisement

manutd wrote: »
    Just signed up to it, good luck with it, it looks good, maybe have €150m instead of €140m.

Thanks

a name like manutd looking for more money to spend, big surprise! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Niamh Ubecha

Is this still running guys? What kinda things are you all looking for within a GAA Fantasy League? I'm researching GAA Fantasy as I'm a KK woman and think we need one!! :P

Advertisement