Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fierce Cold Spell from Sunday (February 1st)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,360 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Up to 0.6C here and raining like the beeejesus

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

:eek::eek:

Temp is dropping here again,you'll be glad to know and I'll bet if you go out with a lamp and examine that rain it's sleety rain.It must be light?

It probably will change back to wet snow at times with you or even all snow if heavier.

Did I hear someone ask about Cork?

Higher probability of snow there- especially inland and at height [no guarantee] but the precip that hits you will have traveled the scenic route via annamoe actually down through the spine of the country and then into Cork.
    It might take the N7... [I'm actually serious] having already went up the N11 and the R752 [neither traditional routes to Cork according to the RAC or the AA]

This is good [from a snow hopers point of view]as it's all land and interacting with some colder air ahead of it.

I'm liking the sound of this!! Thanks Black Briar - let's hope you're right - otherwise i'll be after you tomorrow! LOL!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,360 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Mothman wrote: »
    Just travelled from Beaumont Hos (near Santry) to home. Well over 3 hours for a journey that's usually 75mins. Road conditions awful with slush on margins and between lanes holding the surface water.

Was whiteout on arrival at 15:30 at Beaumont with roads conditions deteriorating very quickly. Shower just passed in time. Sleet all the way home though was near settling near Sandyford.

Was thinking for days I wouldn't be making the journey today, but this morning decided to chance it. Was worse than expected this evening and surprised that SC is reporting rain!

I got rain hail sleet and snow today, been pretty eventful :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

Clondalkin 2c and rising with a dp of 3c and raining

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Doyler1981

Heavy snow in Kilcock at the minute:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

yeah somehow i cant see tonights temperatures hitting -3 in the east coast like what met eireann have predicted.

soccerc wrote: »
    Clondalkin 2c and rising with a dp of 3c and raining
    I dont think dewpoint can be higher than air temp :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

the met eireann radar seems to be totally out of sync, i hope it is anyway!

Doyler1981 wrote: »
    Heavy snow in Kilcock at the minute:D

ETA of Rain in your area... possibly 1 hour or less Unless lugnaquilla is due souteast of you... in which case you might keep sleety snow I think.

the met eireann radar seems to be totally out of sync, i hope it is anyway!

munsterlegend you're in cork right? What do you think of our hopes for snow tonight?!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

was raining here.........then sleet and now wet snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

My temps seem to be falling back, even just a little bit, 0.1c air and -0.6c dew. The snow shower has passed, gave another sprinkling and now its clear again with some broken cloud. Wind - light N'ly breeze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Doyler1981

I better go out an enjoy it so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

I dont think dewpoint can be higher than air temp :confused:

It's what the sensors of the WS2350 are reporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 northtipp

thanks for the info on upload of pics ill try one see how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭jaffa20

OMG!! Just spend 3 hours in traffic for a journey to sandyford that normally takes 10 minutes. How could you do it to me snow!? Not a guard in sight to direct traffic through sandyford/dundrum. The M50 was a mess. So much snow was falling and it was complete slush on the roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Snow turned to rain .... the wind is now rising.
    The evening has now turned into your typical February Irish evening. :o

Still bone dry here in cork city....sigh...:(

leahyl wrote: »
    munsterlegend you're in cork right? What do you think of our hopes for snow tonight?!:D

not very confident to be honest...met eireann says we will but can't see anywhere else saying the same like bbc/sky!

just looking at the bbc monthly
    outlook..http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/ukweather/monthly_outlook.shtml
    cold month ahead it would appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Incredibly fine stuff falling out there now, maybe similar to mist, dont know how to describe it, almost like emm.......dust? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

not very confident to be honest...met eireann says we will but can't see anywhere else saying the same like bbc/sky!

just looking at the bbc monthly
    outlook..http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/ukweather/monthly_outlook.shtml
    cold month ahead it would appear.

Well that's some bit promising i suppose....:)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

One sorry mess out there - all the rain is being trapped under the snow, it's like a big lake with a crusty white top.

I was hoping for a third morning of lying snow, but going by the radar, if all that comes up here and falls as rain, it'll all be gone.

Can you imagine what the mountains are like!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 bassets

Have been following this thread for days and am getting depressed now at all the snow everyone is getting while all we have had is one very light shower today.
    Can someone please give me hope and tell me are we going to get any snow in East Galway, Ballinasloe area?

bassets wrote: »
    Have been following this thread for days and am getting depressed now at all the snow everyone is getting while all we have had is one very light shower today.
    Can someone please give me hope and tell me are we going to get any snow in East Galway, Ballinasloe area?

I'm pretty sure they said that there would be showers moving into the north and west on Thurs but i may be wrong - i should leave it up to the experts really - hope i gave you a little bit of hope! We're the same down here in Cork although we did get one or two showers not nearly as much as the east:( Cork City i mean not county

• Registered Users Posts: 29 northtipp

do ihave to have 25 post before i can upload pics ?? better get typing fast ??

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Wind really picking up in D11

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Raining here now for the past hour. :( If it clears and freezes tonight the roads are gonna be extra lethal in the morning.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Back to sleet here - wind has really picked up here from the north east and temp has fallen back to 1.3c DP has also fallen (slightly) to 0.9c.

This is all over the place!

jean byrne said in her forecast this front on the irish sea would move in over leinster/munster overnight...suppose until then no snow here unless an odd scattered shower. waiting for snow is like waiting for santa..must be in bed asleep before it arrives!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Rain's turning sleety here now too. Dunno what to make of it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement