Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton T90xr experts

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,963 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Just had one of these fitted and the water could only be described as lukewarm. Unfortunately I wasn't around the day the fitter was there, but I rang him and he just said its a new shower so it must be working perfectly. Not happy with this obviously so will have to take it further. What might the issue be? Is there a setting that needs to be adjusted or might it be something more complex?

They stopped making this model in 2011 so I'm guessing you have a triton t90z or the new Triton t90sr.

It is possible that the shower isn't fitted correctly. The dial on the cover might not be lining up correctly with the valve behind it. It's possible that you have the power selector on 1 element instead of 2 element.
    If the shower is faulty then it's either a faulty micro switch or one of the elements have failed.
    Imo it's either fitted wrong or its not being used correctly. Very rarely would you have this issue with a new shower. Either way plumber should come back to have a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Is the T80xr still available for sale or are parts available? Ive one and its leaking out the bottom, not sure if its repairable or if it might be better to just replace it with a new identical version, Id prefer identical so all the holes are lined up the same (I never understand why they dont line the holes up the same in different models so they can easily be replaced with different/newer Triton models)

cerastes wrote:
    Is the T80xr still available for sale or are parts available? Ive one and its leaking out the bottom, not sure if its repairable or if it might be better to just replace it with a new identical version, Id prefer identical so all the holes are lined up the same (I never understand why they dont line the holes up the same in different models so they can easily be replaced with different/newer Triton models)

They stopped making the t80xr about 6 years ago. Parts are still available. Triton t80z is a good replacement. You will need to drill new holes to pin it to the wall but the old holes should be hidden behind the shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Hi all, we have a T90XR and this morning it started making an incredibly loud noise (though the water is flowing fine). It's always been loud but this is like a drill or jackhammer - it's causing the walls and doors in the next room to vibrate.

From other posts, I'm guessing we might need to change the motor? Is it safe to use it for the next couple of days, considering it's a bank holiday and we're unlikely to be able to get it fixed before Tuesday?

Thanks for any suggestions!

From other posts, I'm guessing we might need to change the motor? Is it safe to use it for the next couple of days, considering it's a bank holiday and we're unlikely to be able to get it fixed before Tuesday?

Bearings are gone & the motor needs replacing. You can expect to pay around 150 supplied & fitted.

Sometimes when the bearings go the pump leaks slightly. The pump then sprays the water around the shower. This wouldn't be safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Hi all, we have a T90XR and this morning it started making an incredibly loud noise (though the water is flowing fine). It's always been loud but this is like a drill or jackhammer - it's causing the walls and doors in the next room to vibrate.

Thanks for any suggestions!

That happened ours, really loud. It has continued working for around a month. Apparently parts can't be got any more, so I picked up a Triton T90SR for 239 Euro. Just need to get it fitted now as the noise has got worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Hohe

Hi everyone. Just going to refresh this thread a bit.
    I've a problem with my T90xr. It's tripping the trip switch when on full power/heat mode. It's fine with cold water selected and fine with mid power. It's few years old and everything was great till this evening. I would be grateful for any clues.

Hohe wrote:
    Hi everyone. Just going to refresh this thread a bit. I've a problem with my T90xr. It's tripping the trip switch when on full power/heat mode. It's fine with cold water selected and fine with mid power. It's few years old and everything was great till this evening. I would be grateful for any clues.

One of the 2 elements has blown. A new heating can is around 150 supplied & fitted or a new triton t90sr is 335 to 360 supplied and fitted. Average life span of an electric shower is 10 years. If your shower is close to 10 years I'd replace it rather than repair it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Hohe

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    One of the 2 elements has blown. A new heating can is around 150 supplied & fitted or a new triton t90sr is 335 to 360 supplied and fitted. Average life span of an electric shower is 10 years. If your shower is close to 10 years I'd replace it rather than repair it.

Thanks for your reply. I try to replace the can myself. Where's the best place to source it?

Hohe wrote:
    Thanks for your reply. I try to replace the can myself. Where's the best place to source it?

I'd have to be there with a multi meter before I can say 100% that it is the heating can. If it is then you can order one from Maynooth shower maintenance or Dublin Shower Repair. Maynooth should be slightly cheaper

• Advertisement
Advertisement