Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton T90xr experts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

dodzy wrote: »
    Z replaced the XR. Installed one on saturday last. Dimensionally the same but you will need to redrill for mounting hole locations are different. Water feed and power connections are in identical locations, so no worries there. Isolate water and electricity of course. Loosen bleed screw to purge air, power up to test, and lastly, remove the small retaining screw on the upper temp knob before fitting the front cover

You'll be done in less than 1hr, all going well.

Cheers Dodzy

Was thinking of giving it a go myself all right.
    Have the cut off valve from the tank already off.
    Appreciate the h/u on the rest of the bits and bobs

Jay

• Registered Users Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭dodzy

chef wrote: »
    Cheers Dodzy

Was thinking of giving it a go myself all right.
    Have the cut off valve from the tank already off.
    Appreciate the h/u on the rest of the bits and bobs

Jay

Not a prob,

I've seen installs where the plumber never fitted the gate valve at the tank for isolation. Miserable b'strds, for the sake of a few €.

You'll be grand, just take your time ;)

dodzy wrote: »
    Not a prob,

I've seen installs where the plumber never fitted the gate valve at the tank for isolation. Miserable b'strds, for the sake of a few €.

You'll be grand, just take your time ;)

Tbh I was worried about that myself.
    Hence I got a loan of a steps and checked that this afternoon before I bought the new shower.
    Have all the bits and bobs I need to may take a " slow " run at this later.
    Thanks again
    Much appreciated

Jay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

If someone is looking for a T90z (replacement for the T90xr) the 8.5KWh model is on offer tmrw (fri 26/04) only for €199 in woodies (10 per store apparently). See the "door busters" leaflet in this topic http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056934400/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Did a replacement install with one of these last year and was really surprised how easy it was. Except for having to go to B&Q at 8pm for a drill bit for the tiles, as I couldn't find the ones I had. As stated above the mounting holes are different. You may want to seal the old ones in case any water gets in them and gets behind the tiles.

Just watch out. The holes for the rail to hold the shower head are different and the rail itself is also different. You can just leave the one you already have in place and use it.(old is straight rail, new one has a curve)

• Advertisement

Well I completed the install yesterday
    All went well or so it seemed until I turned it on.
    I had water going in but not pumping out
    Despite having followed the manual to the dot.

Spoke to the earthridge guys directly.
    They said sometimes its hard to purge the air in the unit itself during installation.
    If this happens they said to run the shower with the purge valve open ( the valve that expels the air) for a while.
    Low and behold that works, and shes up and running.
    pity it didnt say that in the manual.

Anyway maybe this will help anyone who has the same issue as me in the future

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

chef wrote: »
    Well I completed the install yesterday
    All went well or so it seemed until I turned it on.
    I had water going in but not pumping out
    Despite having followed the manual to the dot.

Spoke to the earthridge guys directly.
    They said sometimes its hard to purge the air in the unit itself during installation.
    If this happens they said to run the shower with the purge valve open ( the valve that expels the air) for a while.
    Low and behold that works, and shes up and running.
    pity it didnt say that in the manual.

Anyway maybe this will help anyone who has the same issue as me in the future

Well done.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭The Drum

Hello folks. I have a dimplex pumped electric2000 that has gone bang. And was wondering would a triton t90xr fit and be compatable to replace it. Would be very grateful for opinons many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18 toneygecko

Anyone know where I could get new motor and pump bearings for a t90 xr?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mac_09

Here you go:

http://dublinshowerrepair.com/showerparts/product/triton-t90xr-pumpmotor/

Barry is brilliant, should have it out to you next day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Snaggerman

toneygecko wrote: »
    Anyone know where I could get new motor and pump bearings for a t90 xr?

Earthridge (Barrats) in Maynooth, main dealers/distributors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭webpal

My T90xr got airlocked a few months ago and ever since then its running perfect but a little noisier, over the past week or so this noise is deafening but the pressure and temperature are fine. Is there anything that can be done? Sometimes it just sounds like its going to explode. Its 7 years old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Have a triton t90 and it's stopped pumping, it was over heating for a few days, now when I turn it on its doing nothing. It's about 8years old.

The overheating was probably due to the pump failing. You could replace the pump, but as it is 8 years old you're probably better off replacing the whole unit. A t90z is the current model and should fit pretty easy. The mounting screws are likely different so require some drilling but that would be about it (piping and wiring the same). Check the current power of your unit as you don't want to go (much) higher otherwise you might require re-wiring.

Thanks, wouldn't have the cash spare right now, I seen a reconditioned pump for sale for eur40 would that do the trick, would I be able to fit it myself. I've seen some youtube videos about turning off the mains and turning off the mains water also.

I'm not an electrician or plumber but I'd say that should work. You could even see if it's just the motor brushes that have worn out, that would be the cheapest repair.

I agree with flyguy. My Triton went about a year ago, same story had it for about 6-7 years and thought it was gone for.

Turned our it was only the brushes and cost about €10. I'd give them a check first.

Where abouts did you get the parts?

dublinshowerrepair.com

• Registered Users Posts: 16,962 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Definitely worth trying the brushes first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭webpal

webpal wrote: »
    My T90xr got airlocked a few months ago and ever since then its running perfect but a little noisier, over the past week or so this noise is deafening but the pressure and temperature are fine. Is there anything that can be done? Sometimes it just sounds like its going to explode. Its 7 years old.

Anyone know is this is fixable?

The bearing is gone in the pump /Motor. You need to replace the pump /Motor

If you haven't tried already you should move the temp selector form full cold to full hot several times while the shower is running to remove any trapped air.
    There's also a bleed valve under the cover, but if water is being pumped you shouldn't need to operate that.

flyguy wrote: »
    If you haven't tried already you should move the temp selector form full cold to full hot several times while the shower is running to remove any trapped air.
    There's also a bleed valve under the cover, but if water is being pumped you shouldn't need to operate that.

Air won't cause the pump to make this noise. He needs a new pump. Only the bearings can create the noise described.

OK so I got the pump today from the site above, great service, anyone have the instructions on how to replace the pump?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DonalB

Hi all,

I've got an approx 2 year old T90xr (that replaced the previous 8 years old T90) that has recently degraded the water heating. It is still heating but not as hot as previously and now must be turned to 10 (max) on the highest power to provide water that is warm enough (still not really hot-hot but adequate). The shower is used maybe only 5x a week. I checked the Triton FAQ and it said to check heating element with a multimeter but gave no further details or instructions.

I live in a moderately hard water area and descale the shower head fairly regularly.

Any suggestions or advice? Replacing the unit is financially impossible at the moment.

DonalB wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've got an approx 2 year old T90xr (that replaced the previous 8 years old T90) that has recently degraded the water heating. It is still heating but not as hot as previously and now must be turned to 10 (max) on the highest power to provide water that is warm enough (still not really hot-hot but adequate). The shower is used maybe only 5x a week. I checked the Triton FAQ and it said to check heating element with a multimeter but gave no further details or instructions.

I live in a moderately hard water area and descale the shower head fairly regularly.

Any suggestions or advice? Replacing the unit is financially impossible at the moment.

It could be the element or micro switch.
    Most likely the element.

If the shower is 2 years or less it'll be covered by the 2 year manufacturers warranty. Having said that, they stopped making this model over 3 years ago so it's most likely older than 2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DonalB

Thank you. Yeah, I'd guess maybe 2.5 years since I installed it. Any suggestions how I can check the element?

DonalB wrote: »
    Thank you. Yeah, I'd guess maybe 2.5 years since I installed it. Any suggestions how I can check the element?

You'd need to test (or get someone to test) it with a multi meter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,507 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

So my trustworthy T90i which was installed in 1998 finally died this evening, I thought I could buy one and fit it myself just wondering was the T90i a 8.5Kw shower and if so the latest T90z is also 8.5Kw rated so should be straight swap correct? If so do I need to replace the pull cord isolation switch? Also on the plumbing side do i need any additional fittings to connect it and for drilling the tiles what size drill bit and fixing screws should i get?

Advertisement