Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton T90xr experts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭imasmeasmecanbe

Nothing out of the ordinary, it sounds like its running fine. I found the bleed key seconds after i posted that... And unfortunately its not an airlock and im getting smellier and smellier trying to get my noodle round it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

just recently got a triton t90xr and it seems to be causing a bit of a problem, basically the clip that the shower head sits in, when the showers on it keeps falling out and wont go back in, caused by the heat i guess expanding? did/does this happen anyone else?
    can i buy a different holder part?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭FREDNISMO

I have a triton T90xr and im not very happy with it, just used it five or six times I find the tempreture and pressure crap but I have a Triton AS2000ST Thermostatic Power shower fed from a domestic hot water cylinder very happy with it, I know there two completly different appliances but I would not like to have to use the T90 on a daily basis it makes me miserable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Zombienosh wrote: »
    just recently got a triton t90xr and it seems to be causing a bit of a problem, basically the clip that the shower head sits in, when the showers on it keeps falling out and wont go back in, caused by the heat i guess expanding? did/does this happen anyone else?

No.Not caused by heat. Either the clip is fit incorrectly or broken. Its a simple problem to fix. You will either need to fix it or get a new pack from triton spares. Earthridge in maynooth is the triton agents in ireland.
    FREDNISMO wrote: »
    I have a triton T90xr and im not very happy with it, just used it five or six times I find the tempreture and pressure crap but I have a Triton AS2000ST Thermostatic Power shower fed from a domestic hot water cylinder very happy with it, I know there two completly different appliances but I would not like to have to use the T90 on a daily basis it makes me miserable.

ok so dont use it... Your not asking a question your making a statement. Am i reading you right. I am not here to sell triton showers so i neither agree or disagree, For what its worth I have a pumped electric shower as well but manage to survive with the tank fed shower. This will all change when my kids grow up especially if i have girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭FREDNISMO

In your experience fitting the T90xr would you be happy with the tempreture/pressure output????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

FREDNISMO wrote: »
    In your experience fitting the T90xr would you be happy with the tempreture/pressure output????

yip...no real problems from my part

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrismES

Zombienosh wrote: »
    The shower hose on the T90xr has 2 different size ends to suit different shower holders.
    Try reversing the hose that is connect the end that is currently connected to the shower unit to the shower head and vise versa. Other than this there may be a crack in the shower head holder.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Offer_asking

I have a triton t90xr shower about two years now, today every time if switch on the shower, it cut off the power from the main switch. Any help will be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Hi all,

My shower has just started to overheat. No matter what number I put it on the water coming out of it is boiling. It would take your skin off.

I'm going to get an electrician in, but I'm hoping it's something simple enough to fix?

The shower is just over 2 years old.

dammitj wrote: »
    Hi all,

My shower has just started to overheat. No matter what number I put it on the water coming out of it is boiling. It would take your skin off.

I'm going to get an electrician in, but I'm hoping it's something simple enough to fix?

The shower is just over 2 years old.

You could try cleaning the shower head (soak it over night in a 50/50 water and clear viniger solution) and also check the filter for any debris.
    Another thing is to the heat selector switch to cold and the temperature regulator to 1.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Paddytheplaster

Hi my triton shower has started to make lound booing noise, and the water is flowing irregularly and then stop starts. The power shower is about foir years old. Any ideas or advice would be great. Thanks in advance.

Hi my triton shower has started to make lound booing noise, and the water is flowing irregularly and then stop starts. The power shower is about foir years old. Any ideas or advice would be great. Thanks in advance.
    It sounds like it has some air in it. Turn all the controls to cold and press start, after about 60 seconds the flow should regularise and the pump noise should start to sound normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Paddytheplaster

PrismES wrote: »
    It sounds like it has some air in it. Turn all the controls to cold and press start, after about 60 seconds the flow should regularise and the pump noise should start to sound normal.

Cheers, that seems to have done the trick.Thanks a million.

Cheers, that seems to have done the trick.Thanks a million.

No problem glad I could help.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

My Triton 90i shower gave problems during the recent freeze, I hadn't been using it as we used the one which is gravity fed when the central heating is on.

During the big freeze, I tried it and it gave out a humming noise so I turned it off. I haven't started since because I am thinking of replacing it. It was installed in 1998 so I guess I got good innings out of it!

Just before I go down this route, I think I will be brave enough this week to give it a go.....any advice? Don't want to blow every fuse in the place!!!!!

PS It has never given me trouble, but like other posters, not the greatest flow from it but it does what it says on the tin!

What is the replacement model for this shower?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭GearMaven

Elderly aunt has Triton T90xr with a broken showerhead holder. Would Woodies or B&Q in Galway or a hardware store in Ennis have replacement holders? Even from compatible models? Or would I have to take off the riser and bring it with me to a hardware store? Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭zipzoc

The triton shower is a popular shower , but a lot of people dont realise that they burn a huge amount of esb and give a terrible performance , a watering can would be better , as you have to turn it up all the way this time of year . i got a power shower fitted and its like being in a hotel great shower , it can do low medium strong and ex strong .

How can you change from an electric to a power shower?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭achiman

Hi there all,

i have a problem with the motor on my t90xr, it has started to sound like a circular saw, it works ok but very noisy. there is only 2mm wear on the brushes so they seen ok, i have no air locks and the water flow is fine anyone any ideas for a fix....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

achiman wrote: »
    Hi there all,

i have a problem with the motor on my t90xr, it has started to sound like a circular saw, it works ok but very noisy. there is only 2mm wear on the brushes so they seen ok, i have no air locks and the water flow is fine anyone any ideas for a fix....

When was shower bought? If you don't recall then look under shower and you should see a date like 08/10 etc

@mad m
    thanks for reply, the date on shower is 11/08 and it was installed about 20 months ago....

• Advertisement

I have replaced the two bearings in motor/pump housing and its running nice and quite now ....

Hi, I just moved into a house & the triton t90 has not been used for 6 months+. When I turn on the shower, water comes out the shower slowly but with no pressure. I took off the shower head & same - a small amount of water flowing out slowly. How do you clean the filter on these showers & any other actions you would recommend to get this shower going again. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Stanzen

@achiman,
    I am having the same problem, can you give any more details on how to fix this. I have opened the unit and have looked inside but am unfamiliar with the components. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Stern

Hi,

I have a Triton T90xr, and the shower head is not working right. I used to be able to fix it by soaking it in water/vinegar solution overnight, but this time it's different. I would like to be able to open the shower head and see what's wrong, does anyone know how to do this?

I checked Triton's website and it doesn't show anything about the shower head in the manual.

The shower head is the one you can turn to change the setting, and there are no special holes or screws I can see to dismantle it. The 'turny bit', for lack of a better word, is not flush on the shower head, which I think is causing the problem.

Again any help taking this thing apart would be great, I know new shower heads aren't much but I think I could fix this if I could open it.

Cheers.

Edit: turny bit = spray plate apparently. Still no closer to finding out how to remove it. Some sites mention a screw, but I'm not blind and I don't see any screw on this thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Stern

Of course after posting I figure it out. There are 5 recessed holes in the spray plate. You are supposed to have a key which has 5 knobs to fit into this, then turn anti-clockwise to open.

I was able to use 2 screwdrivers.

Once off, I could see the plastic bracket holding the rest of the shower head together with a screw had cracked. Oh well new shower head. :)

At least the info is here for anyone else searching.

Triton T90xr - dismantle shower head

Dismantle by turning the spray plate (just the bit with the spray knobs, not the spray adjuster) anti-clockwise, either with the key if you have it, or just a screwdriver. From there it's a straight forward screw and different plates laid on top of each other with rubber rings.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

Hi there

I have a t90si. Its a bit like Triggers brush in Only fools and horses in the sense that its the same unit since day 1 but has had quite a few replacements parts over the years!! :D

Anyway its dead again, made lots of noise for a day or so and now its not even pumping any water out.
    So anyway what do people recommend I replace it with

A T90Z or a T90xr.

ta

Jay

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭robbie67

Hello I have an old Triton T90I on it,s last legs has any body got one of these Triton Seville 9.5kW Electric Shower and are they any good Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

I think the T90I you have is a pumped electric shower (gravity fed) whereas the Seville is just an electric shower. If this is the case it is not a suitable replacement for your shower, you're probably better off with a T90Z (or old T90xr if you can find one). Not sure on this but the experts are sure to correct me if I'm wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

flyguy wrote: »
    I think the T90I you have is a pumped electric shower (gravity fed) whereas the Seville is just an electric shower. If this is the case it is not a suitable replacement for your shower, you're probably better off with a T90Z (or old T90xr if you can find one). Not sure on this but the experts are sure to correct me if I'm wrong...

Spot on !
    The seville is mains fed , whereas the t90i is fed from the storage tank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭dodzy

chef wrote: »
    Hi there

I have a t90si. Its a bit like Triggers brush in Only fools and horses in the sense that its the same unit since day 1 but has had quite a few replacements parts over the years!! :D

Anyway its dead again, made lots of noise for a day or so and now its not even pumping any water out.
    So anyway what do people recommend I replace it with

A T90Z or a T90xr.

ta

Jay

Z replaced the XR. Installed one on saturday last. Dimensionally the same but you will need to redrill for mounting hole locations are different. Water feed and power connections are in identical locations, so no worries there. Isolate water and electricity of course. Loosen bleed screw to purge air, power up to test, and lastly, remove the small retaining screw on the upper temp knob before fitting the front cover

You'll be done in less than 1hr, all going well.

Advertisement