Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girls saying/doing stereotypical "girly" things

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Berty wrote: »
    Well, when you put it that way then I guess she was completely within her rights to step on my foot, not know about it and abuse me when I tried to ask her a question about why she is standing on my foot.

Read my post again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Leeby wrote: »
    Ah here! That's a pretty well known blonde joke, is it not??

You'd have to have some serious issues to be upset by your partner thinking someone on the tv is hot! I know a girl like that, her boyfriend made a comment about Angelina Joli & she threw an absolute fit! It was hilarious!

And I'm pretty sure that's a quote from Friends. Maybe he acts dumb on purpose for entertainment??

WTF?? What a bitch! Imagine going through life with an attitude like that!

Honestly my first two boyfriends went nuts if I mentioned I liked anyone famous even jokingly.. So I thought wow guys must really hate that, and I never did it again. Some-one on here said their gf went nuts aswell, so maybe it is quite common? I dunno - I spose it depends how jealous people are.

Yeah but sure Eoin Reddan is hardly a big deal is he??? :confused: Can't blame the girls for that. It's not like it was Robbie Keane or Brian O'Driscoll. Kevin Kilbane would be bigger news than Eoin Reddan.

Exactly. I DETEST rugby, and therefore couldnt care less who eoin reddan is.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

From listening to my Fiancees stories from being out I can half understand where this comment from her came from because my GF is constantly harrassed by blokes and I cant believe some of the things men actually say to women when they are looking for their h*le.

There is also a thing called "tact" that she could have employed. A nightclub or bar is not really a good place to be meeting the man or woman of your dreams anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭buckieburd

A (blonde) collegue of mine asked our Chinese collegue if China was in the Eurovision Song Contest...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭apoch632

And I'm pretty sure that's a quote from Friends. Maybe he acts dumb on purpose for entertainment??

It may also be a quote from friends. But trust me its not on purpose with her. I've been in the room for at least 2/3 of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Me: Look
    Her: whats that in your hand?
    Her: wait, wait, why are you putting it in my mouth?
    Her: om nyom nyom

Ah here! That's a pretty well known blonde joke, is it not??

You'd have to have some serious issues to be upset by your partner thinking someone on the tv is hot! I know a girl like that, her boyfriend made a comment about Angelina Joli & she threw an absolute fit! It was hilarious!

no friends geek that I am, it actually went like this:

Ross: Ask Joey where dutch people come from
    Joey: Silence
    Ross: They're from the netherlands, isn't that right.
    Joey: Good one Ross. (To foreign girl he's trying to score), see the netherlands are this made up place where Peter Pan comes from!

Something like that anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

[QUOTE=Berty A nightclub or bar is not really a good place to be meeting the man or woman of your dreams anyway.[/QUOTE]

Must respectfully disagree there. Met my girlfriend in one 4 years ago and been great times since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭drunkymonkey

apoch632 wrote: »
    Friend of mine used to come out with some brilliant ones. We wrote them down

*Einstein's not Austrian, he's jewish
    * I'm not drunk, I'm Scottish
    *L: What's brown, round and sits in the corner?
    S:A dead baby?
    L: No, a naughty button. Why would a dead baby be brown?
    S: Cos it's covered in ****!
    *The nether regions, thats where Peter Pans from?
    *Ooh I'd love a cup of toilet
    * aw yeah Stevie Wonder, he's that famous golfer.
    L: Shauna he's blind
    S: A blind golfer?!
    *I was sitting in class today and i looked down and though **** I'm not wearing a top
    *I've got heartburn in my heart
    *My hot chocolate would taste even better if I had mushrooms in it.
    *Money does grow on trees because paper grows on trees
    *We're brainwashing you right now
    S: Good thing I don't have a brain to wash
    *I think I'm having a heart attack, no wait I'm ok
    *I like taking stuff off
    *It's not my horny spot it just feels nice
    * P: We have to do rabbit balls in class next week
    S: A rabbit ball?
    P:yeah, you know testicles
    S: Oh I thought you meant a ball where you all dress up as rabbits
    *Writhing in pain?! I always thought it was withering in pain.
    *S you look shattered
    S: No, I'm just tired
    *You know the Quenn of Hearts and the Queen of Tarts no I mean the Queen of Spades
    *That's the guy who shot JR....I mean he shot JFK. Wait was it JR who shot JFK?
    *Like a hook on his hand like Captain Cook....d'oh...captain hook for the hook hand
    *If you heard of someone you never heard of before
    *I don't want to waste ink so I'm gonna use my pen...........cil
    * I didn't think until I thought
    *It isn't me who's trying to kill me
    * That's terriblism
    *Do buffalo crisps taste of buffalo?
    * March? what the hell are you chatting about
    * I always get stuff all over my face
    *Oh I got to play with the new puppy. He's while good at soccer. He's better than me and I'm crap.
    * You might as well be speaking German for all I know. Ha ha ha hee hee . Oh wait you do speak German.
    * Are you a drug?
    *I got a card with a hundred in it today.
    S: A hundred cards?
    * I was chatting to a lad last night and he said ........**** that's where my mind goes blank
    * Aw lets pick pick blackberries and make strawberries
    L: Strawberries?
    S:da ha ha I meant jam
    *Um yeah i'm looking for my home. da ha ha I mean my ham
    * We're gorillas' ancestors
    * Don't you think it's weird that the guy who invented dynamite got the Nobel peace prize?
    *I thought that Hans van Christensen was Christenson Van Anderson.

I think your friend is borderline retarded! i suggest she get's checked out! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

*Twirls pigtails*

Hehe, why would somebody wanna burn a cup?

*Girlish giggle*

Didn't we go to great lengths yesterday to establish you're a dude?

I think your friend is borderline retarded! i suggest she get's checked out! :eek:

Just finished her masters in law (not sure which one exactly) in Queens

Just finished her masters in law (not sure which one exactly) in Queens

and your point is?

I know two barristers, (friends of a friend) and they are the most deranged people I have ever met. Seriously it's scary that they're in charge of anything.

and your point is?

I know two barristers, (friends of a friend) and they are the most deranged people I have ever met. Seriously it's scary that they're in charge of anything.

I wouldn't call her retarded.

I wouldn't call her retarded.

Fair enough.

I would just say that it doesn't matter how 'high' your profession is, as it doesnt affect your common sense.

This reminds me of the time I was out with my friend and we got talking to this bunch of men.Turns out they were all doctors. (And I know men often lie about thing like this on a night out, my male friends say they are always pretending to be doctors and pilots for the laugh, but these guys had all their i.d's on them, and never let up talking about hospitals so im sure they were).
    Anyway I've never met people like it. In fact me and my friends to this day say ' do ya remember those mental doctors"
    One of them got thrown out of the club for doing sit ups on the dance floor.
    One of them said to another one 'Here should you not be in bed you've got surgery tomorrow at 8 (it was about 3am). Cue lots of laughter, 'Hur hur hur, he'll be in bed alright, but will it be his OWN bed, hur hur hur'.

They were saying how they were used to going into hospital still
    pissed, and giving each other tips on how to get away with it. These were all in their late 20s/30s. Never thought of doctors the same way since!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭monosharp

Mingey wrote: »
    So men likw Quazzie who are ignorant of sport are girly also? :)

Yes and gay.

But I think Quazzie is more on the "I hate GAA but love soccer" side of the fence then the "girly" section since he A) made up a story about a prominent GAA player to shed him in a bad light and B) knows about a small time soccer player like Robbie Keane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

LOL - yeah, my ex flatmate who is nice but seriously idiotic when it comes to letting men treat her like sh1t, would ask everyone not to mention what blokes on TV she fancied when her wanker boyfriend was visiting (he ultimately did the dirt on her - so much for her loyalty).
    Honestly my first two boyfriends went nuts if I mentioned I liked anyone famous even jokingly... So I thought wow guys must really hate that, and I never did it again.
    What?!! :eek: Instead of seeing how hilariously unreasonable they were being and telling them to cop the fuk on?!
    Some-one on here said their gf went nuts aswell, so maybe it is quite common? I dunno - I spose it depends how jealous people are.
    Quite. It's pathetically jealous, paranoid and insecure.
    LOL - for a guy to feel threatened by his girlfriend saying she fancies Brad Pitt... pitiful :rolleyes:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

Dudess wrote: »
    LOL - for a guy to feel threatened by his girlfriend saying she fancies Brad Pitt... pitiful :rolleyes:.

Yeah, even I fancy Brat Pitt...

Although last weekend, i was out having a smoke and some bird asked me for a lighter. So i took it out and held it up with the flame lit so she could light her smoke off it but then she goes to me "eh, im not a whore, I can light it myself." I was pretty confused, I was just being polite. can anyone shed some light on what the hell she meant? Or was she just a retard?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Wagon wrote: »
    Yeah, even I fancy Brat Pitt...
    You do :(

At least dont try to be like those people on TV, women do which costs a lot of time and money and makes women bitter to men(for supposedly making them do it) and bitter to other women in jealousy.

And if women think that men dont notice them trying to change us, oh we do and we just give you enough rope to hang yourselves with because we will only purposefully get overweight so nothing nice fits us. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

MIN2511 wrote: »
    You do :(

He's a sexy man!

At least dont try to be like those people on TV, women do which costs a lot of time and money and makes women bitter to men(for supposedly making them do it) and bitter to other women in jealousy.

And if women think that men dont notice them trying to change us, oh we do and we just give you enough rope to hang yourselves with because we will only purposefully get overweight so nothing nice fits us. :D

if my man did that I would boot him out so fast he wouldnt know what was going on

if my man did that I would boot him out so fast he wouldnt know what was going on

All he has to do is throw you some half baked compliments and he is back in your good books.

All he has to do is throw you some half baked compliments and he is back in your good books.

Nope. That doesnt do it for me at all. Me and my fella are always slagging each other off for the craic, I hate people being over complimentary and soppy to me. And as for your last post If he was overweight I wouldnt fancy him sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Jeez wimminz will ye ever stop. :confused:

This is AH. AH!!! It supposed to be tongue in cheek and taken with a pinch of salt.

Actually speaking of salt, could one of the fine ladies who are reading this thread throw me in a few sachets from the kitchen?

Sound. :pac:

Fizman wrote: »
    Actually speaking of salt, could one of the fine ladies who are reading this thread throw me in a few sachets from the kitchen?

Sound. :pac:

sachets where do you think you are, the f*cking Hilton?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Mingey

Wagon wrote: »
    "eh, im not a whore, I can light it myself." I was pretty confused, I was just being polite. can anyone shed some light on what the hell she meant? Or was she just a retard?

Because whores run off with lighters when you lend them one. That's why you should always light a womans cig, just in case. Manwhores on the other hand will try to stick a fag up your bum. Be wary of these also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

sachets where do you think you are, the f*cking Hilton?

Well I don't want you throwing the normal glass shaker I use when i'm sitting at the table eating the fry-up I have made for me each morning. Going by the standard girly throws I see, you'd probably land it in the jacks.....and thats in the other direction......upstairs! :P

So be a darling and throw in the ones I stole from Burger King on saturday night. :pac:

/briefly contemplates "have I gone too far"
    /comes to the conclusion "no".....too much fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Bought a new car last year and EVERY female I told about it asked me what colour it was.

Having said that, I know a guy in work who referred to someone's exemplar work as a "stella performance", which is probably something very different...

• Advertisement

Fizman wrote: »
    Well I don't want you throwing the normal glass shaker I use when i'm sitting at the table eating the fry-up I have made for me each morning. Going by the standard girly throws I see, you'd probably land it in the jacks.....and thats in the other direction......upstairs! :P

So be a darling and throw in the ones I stole from Burger King on saturday night. :pac:

/briefly contemplates "have I gone too far"
    /comes to the conclusion "no".....too much fun :D

Sorry i cant move, my chain doesnt stretch that far from the kitchen sink

Advertisement