Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girls saying/doing stereotypical "girly" things

Options
  • 23-01-2009 9:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hiya

I told my girlfriend recently that I was going to a football match.

"Oh, who's playin?" she enquires.

"Kildare and Meath" I reply.

"Is that in the world cup?" she asks :eek:

Anyone else got any good ones, not that I'm trying to promote sexism or anything, but some stories have to be shared! :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I hate to tell you...but thats actually far worse than might normally be expected.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

"Not now,I have an headache"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭jonny oxford

Yeah maybe I should have titled it: Girls saying/doing extraordinarily "girly" things.

In fairness to her she copped her mistake straight away and she is a very smart girl (not to mention sexy and beautiful :cool: she may be around here somewheres! ).

She wouldn't let me tell anyone what she said, twas killing me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

inforfun wrote: »
    "Not now,I have an headache"

its also been medically proven that sex helps cure headaches

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

She wouldn't let me tell anyone what she said, twas killing me!
    Wouldn't let you! That's a very stereotypical thing for most of you young fellas to say nowadays. You're all whipped!

• Advertisement

Pighead wrote: »
    Wouldn't let you! That's a very stereotypical thing for most of you young fellas to say nowadays. You're all whipped!

Yeah she wouldn't let me tell anyone...

... so I went on t'internet and told everyone!

"Young fella", feeling our age are we?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Mingey

Hiya

Football match? How typical...

Anyone else got any good ones, not that I'm trying to promote sexism or anything, but some stories have to be shared! :rolleyes:

Is your girlfriends stupidity stereotypical of all girls? That is sexist, btw.

Yeah she wouldn't let me tell anyone...

... so I went on t'internet and told everyone!

"Young fella", feeling our age are we?:D
    Alas the years are zooming by faster than you run into the kitchen to make your lady a cup of tea upon the clicking of her fingers.

Pighead's face is getting old and his mood cantankerous but thankfully his testicles are still as firm and strong as ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

Oh people need to relax on this thread, only a bit of craic.

Thought this was funny - was sitting having a bit to eat with 2 girls and they were chatting about some girl they knew from school that was getting married...

Girl 1 - "So <whoever> if after getting engaged"
    Girl 2 - "Really?! To who?"
    Girl 1 - "To the son of my French teacher, Eoin. Reddan"
    I smirk to myself thinking funny name, same as the rugby player
    Girl 2 - "Oh right. And where are she living these days"
    Girl 1 - "Over in London still, he plays rugby with a team over there. The London Wasps?".
    I almost choke laughing with pancake in my mouth. Instead of saying she was marrying an international rugby player she said it was the son of her French teacher from school. Just thought it was funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

p..p..please don't kill me

i always get that one :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

what are the three fastest ways to spread information?

telephone
    television
    tell a woman

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I cant fit all that in. :eek:

followed by

AAARRRRGGGHHHH not in there EITHER. :D

Mingey wrote: »
    Football match? How typical...

Is your girlfriends stupidity stereotypical of all girls? That is sexist, btw.

No shes not stupid at all, you cant accurately judge a persons intelligence on one statement I think.

Yes I'm aware it was a sexist statement, blatantly sexist in fact, I added it in jest.

a girl i know was in a night club with some friends. she walked up to a few of them and they were talking to someone she didn't know so she decided to introduce herself. the conversation went thusly:

Amy:Hi, I'm Amy. What's your name

him:Ronan O'Gara

In Musgrave park in Cork there were 3 bimbos having a conversation about ronan o'garas as*, paul o'connells legs and other parts of other players.

Some guy turned around and said "hey blondies, save that sh*t for your Bebo or faceplant, we have a match to sort out here". This was followed by the usual blookish aaaaaahhhhhhhhh the same sound you would make if somebody dropped a glass in a pub. :D

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    a girl i know was in a night club with some friends. she walked up to a few of them and they were talking to someone she didn't know so she decided to introduce herself. the conversation went thusly:

That reflects worse on him than her. What a bighead! Why did he mention his second name? Nobody ever mentions their second names during introductions. Shame on you Ronan!

Not everyone gives a crap about sports stars, even if they do have boiled heads on them.

I would imagine you would be the same if you said to a becoming lady;

Hi, I'm Sam. What's your name?

Her: Lindsey Armaou

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

one of my bestest mates is a very intelligent girl....but she has been know to come out with amazing stuff (if she is on this i am dead!)
    "hang on...isn't 9/11 the flight number?" (and this was a couple of years after 9/11 happened)
    she was drunk at the time and we were all playing the name game and padre pio came up and she asks..."eh..is padre pio the guy in the sopranos?"
    looking at the outside of some new building that is primarily made of glass "that's odd...glass...on the outside of the building??"

seriously she is a clever one....just has her moments!!

No shes not stupid at all, you cant accurately judge a persons intelligence on one statement I think.

Yes I'm aware it was a sexist statement, blatantly sexist in fact, I added it in jest.

Yes, I thought I edited that bit out before it went to print. Ah well.

But....ignorance of sports is 'girly'?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Hiya

"Oh, who's playin?" she enquires.

"Kildare and Meath" I reply.

I'm sorry, but cmon I wouldnt believe it would even be possible that anybody would say that!!!!

"She realised her mistake straight away", cmon no one would ever say that in the first place!!!Are you sure you're not making this up?

Incidentally what kildare/meath match was it? The parentals are from meath, so I go to most of them with them.

• Advertisement

Jeez wimminz will ye ever stop. :confused:

This is AH. AH!!! It supposed to be tongue in cheek and taken with a pinch of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I have to agree with Mingey on that one there lads. I once old Stephen O' Neill of apparent GAA fame to **** off away from s because he was being a prick. He walked away to a chorus from my mates of "do ya not know who that was??".

To which I replied, "yea, a wanker!"

My wife cannot get her head around the fact that the earth is round and how this affects the different time zones. I didn't even try to explain seasons to her. She also asked if Robbie Keane got a transfer to Ireland from Spurs (a few months back).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

My wife cannot get her head around the fact that the earth is round and how this affects the different time zones. I didn't even try to explain seasons to her.

Woah, what?

I didn't even try to explain seasons to her.

Dont bother.

The female brain wont be able to compute it.

Yes, I thought I edited that bit out before it went to print. Ah well.

But....ignorance of sports is 'girly'?

Well in a typical sexist/misogynistic view, yes ignorance of sport is girly.

This isn't a view I share by the way,
    as I say posted in jest,

always in jest...

not a sexist I tell ya...

no misogyny here I swear!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Woah, what?
    She knows there is different time zones and all that but she doesn't understand about the rotation of the earth and how we revolve around teh sun etc etc. I spent a half hour one day with apples and oranges and footballs trying to explain it to her and I thought I did but she admitted two weeks after she was only pretending so I wouldn't feel bad about not explaining it right. :mad:

She also called Proinsias De Rossa Al Pacino, and explained as "ah sure they sound the same".

That last one might actually be more racist that stupidity.:confused:

Not everyone gives a crap about sports stars, even if they do have boiled heads on them.

I would imagine you would be the same if you said to a becoming lady;

Hi, I'm Sam. What's your name?

Her: Lindsey Armaou

if i'm brutally honest, i wouldn't recognise him either :D

and i have no idea who lindsey armaou is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

She knows there is different time zones and all that but she doesn't understand about the rotation of the earth and how we revolve around teh sun etc etc. I spent a half hour one day with apples and oranges and footballs trying to explain it to her and I thought I did but she admitted two weeks after she was only pretending so I wouldn't feel bad about not explaining it right. :mad:

Oh. Then again, I'd say most teenagers are like that nowadays so maybe your wife is just ahead of her time? A trendsetter, if you will. ;)

Incidentally what kildare/meath match was it? The parentals are from meath, so I go to most of them with them.

It was that bastion of competitiveness that is the O Byrne cup:rolleyes:.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

if i'm brutally honest, i wouldn't recognise him either :D

and i have no idea who lindsey armaou is

Just noticed your name there. big discworld fan? Did you see the advert for the documentary coming up on terry pratchett? its going to be about his alzheimers.

Advertisement