Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My thoughts on Paris Hilton and Obama and their threesome with Curt Ville!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

amp wrote: »
    Hmmm cynical, tireless rebutter, healthy ego, clever snipes, and funny too. It's like looking at me, only younger and more/less stupid.

Why? Were you the tenth most popular poster of 1974?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Sounds like snypers type of gal.

Hey, I don't get out of bed in the morning dressed as a woman for less than 3000 euro. Also glad to see somebody still thinks it's a weak spot for me.

Truth is, I hyped up how much I didn't like it for various reasons. The experience was not would I do again, simply because I achieved all the things I was doing with the idea that night. Mission accomplished. But if it pleases people to call me pam, then by all means. I consider it a badge of honour.

Why? Were you the tenth most popular poster of 1974?

Unlikely. But I do remember when all this was fields. Even this very forum was originally my idea (DON'T TELL THE ADMINS THAT SSSSSSSH)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Amp has lost his country.

But if it pleases people to call me pam, then by all means. I consider it a vag of honour.

FYP ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Above all, evolve.:pac:
    Cheers amp

/me doffs hat to sunset-bound horseman

Of course Shinji > amp. Rob Fahey is supremely full of win! He writes for Eurogamer and I still read everything he writes. No contest.

Let me sum this up for the CS'ers. If any of them still read boards:

Shinji - win. Amp - fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Tyranax

A question amp, you said on the last page that you spent a long time over this post, proof reading and spellchecking it and so on. With regards to the disclaimer portion, and you specifying that it is to "to the best of our knowltrue", was that deliberate? Nice Rick James reference too, clever, what with the whole death of Western culture being tackled and all.

Boston wrote: »
    Amp has lost his country.

It's good, it's clever, but it ultimately does not ring true. Still, your using the noggin, and that's always good.

FYP ;)

Nice, nice. Come back to me in 14 years time and we'll have a willy fight.

• Advertisement

Nice, nice. Come back to me in 14 years time and we'll have a willy fight.

Mine's too small I'm afraid. Literally miniscule beyond measurement.

Tyranax wrote: »
    A question amp, you said on the last page that you spent a long time over this post, proof reading and spellchecking it and so on. With regards to the disclaimer portion, and you specifying that it is to "to the best of our knowltrue", was that deliberate? Nice Rick James reference too, clever, what with the whole death of Western culture being tackled and all.

That part is one of the parts I lifted from some sort of disclaimer from the fourth entry I found when I googled "disclaimer". It may have been from a Galway University. Then I simply deleted letters until it made enough sense to sound like a disclaimer but yet made no sense. Much like most disclaimers no?

DISCLAIMER: JUST BECAUSE I SPENT A LONG TIME OVER THIS POST, PROOF READ IT, SPELL CHECKED IT AND SO ON DOESN'T MEAN THAT ANY OR ALL OF IT MAKES ANENSE.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Of course Shinji > amp. Rob Fahey is supremely full of win! He writes for Eurogamer and I still read everything he writes. No contest.

Let me sum this up for the CS'ers. If any of them still read boards:

Shinji - win. Amp - fail.

:p

Heheh. I added that one and I'm no CS'er! You and Shinji were mods of Games when I got here and I always sort of regarded you as a team. I was sad to see him go and I'm sad to see you go - but also happy because it is your time.

For the record: Shinji = Amp = coco pops = "good times"

Say hi to Shabs too. She was a pretty cool poster.

Mine's too small I'm afraid. Literally miniscule beyond measurement.

Not at all, you lie. I'm sure it's like a babies arm holding an apple. Rock on my young friend, you are lucky to be so young in this dawning of a new era.

That part is one of the parts I lifted from some sort of disclaimer from the fourth entry I found when I googled "disclaimer". It may have been from a Galway University. Then I simply deleted letters until it made enough sense to sound like a disclaimer but yet made no sense. Much like most disclaimers no?

DISCLAIMER: JUST BECAUSE I SPENT A LONG TIME OVER THIS POST, PROOF READ IT, SPELL CHECKED IT AND SO ON DOESN'T MEAN THAT ANY OR ALL OF IT MAKES ANENSE.

Thanks for the response, and now I feel awful thick for not picking up on a theme that was RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY FACE.

You live and (hope) to learn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Maybe changed country would be more apt. I can't speak for what you feel but reading your posts dragged up feelings of this site now being Alien to you. Somewhere along the road the boards we both loved died and was slowly replaced by this one. This place can never mean to me what the old site did and as such I've looked elsewhere to fill whatever need it was I had. I feel you're probably doing/did the same.

Thanks for the response, and now I feel awful thick for not picking up on a theme that was RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY FACE.

You live and (hope) to learn.

Don't feel thick! Feel emboldened! I feel great that you asked the question in the first place. See how you follow it up with your own wisdom, your own creativity. Bravo!

Boston wrote: »
    Maybe changed country would be more apt. I can't speak for what you feel but reading your posts dragged up feelings of this site now being Alien to you. Somewhere along the road the boards we both loved died and was slowly replaced by this one. This place can never mean to me what the old site did and as such I've looked elsewhere to fill whatever need it was I had. I feel you're probably doing/did the same.

I get you, but boards doesn't feel alien to me. It feels like it's time to say good bye, to continue the journey elsewhere, but yeah, wow. I always knew you were a clever bastard.

Rock on Joe, rock on.

Don't feel thick! Feel emboldened! I feel great that you asked the question in the first place. See how you follow it up with your own wisdom, your own creativity. Bravo!

You sound like two friends that I know....right Frada? ;)

Another question that I'd like to field to you and Boston, is how do you feel that the site changed for the worst through the years? Is it simply scale, meaning that it doesn't feel as special, or is it because there are more idiots on the Iternet now?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,940 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

By the way, I am thoroughly enjoying this thread, mostly because it's about me and I love me (not obsessively, I also loathe me too, but I try to focus more on the loving. It's more fun)
    No **** to the Mirror for you!

• Advertisement

Rock on my young friend, you are lucky to be so young in this dawning of a new era.

I hope so. You're a far more intellignet man than I will ever be. Boards is...less good without you, Amp.

No.

Another question that I'd like to field to you and Boston, is how do you feel that the site changed for the worst through the years? Is it simply scale, meaning that it doesn't feel as special, or is it because there are more idiots on the Iternet now?

I've answered this already. But I'll expand. It is impossible for me, or anyone to say that boards has changed for the worst. No one person can view all of boards at the same time. Therefore what is special to me, may not be special to you. My journey at boards is at the end. Others may have better journeys, worst journeys, who knows. I knew it when there were 40/50 people on it. But people are still finding new communities, creating their own culture.

Of course there are more idiots on now, but idiots who are curious and hopefully one day because less and less idiotic until eventually they get enlightened somewhat, achieve basic common sense and decide to pass that on to new idiots. It's like the circle of life, NOW WITH EVOLUTION!

Overheal wrote: »
    No **** to the Mirror for you!

I'll keep that in mind. I've noticed your posting from the US. Are you full of hope and change?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Of course there are more idiots on now, but idiots who are curious and hopefully one day because less and less idiotic until eventually they get enlightened somewhat, achieve basic common sense and decide to pass that on to new idiots. It's like the circle of life, NOW WITH EVOLUTION!

I knew it. Here comes the hard sell. Just tell us what brand of new age self help nonsense you're peddling and I'll buy it.

I'll keep that in mind. I've noticed your posting from the US. Are you full of hope and change?

Ranting about the end of the world and asking for change, have you been made homeless since you retired Amp?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Wait, so boards evolved into Easter island and all the people are going to leave in six years and then we'll all fúck and we'll all be happy hippies?

So, the cops knew that internal affairs were setting them up?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

julep wrote: »

amp isn't going to like this.

javaboy wrote: »
    I knew it. Here comes the hard sell. Just tell us what brand of new age self help nonsense you're peddling and I'll buy it.

I got nothing to sell. I merely offer my version of what I believe to be true. I am a member of no religion. I have had pointers along the way, I have had some (non conventional) teachers that have helped me understand the world I live in better, but to give it a name would take away it's power.

I'm just one man, telling it like I see it.

Or as Scroobius Pip put it "If you want to be happy, then be... happy"

julep wrote: »
    Wait, so boards evolved into Easter island and all the people are going to leave in six years and then we'll all fúck and we'll all be happy hippies?

Oh ****, I'm busted!

QUICK! Look around you! HIDE Imhotep!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I like(d) the craziness you add(ed) to Boards now and again. Thanks for the post; I disagree with most of the subtly-serious bits, but it was entertainingly entertaining and provoked a thought or two. Perhaps even taught me a thing or two. The sentence which follows this may teach you a thing or two and also holds steadfast in the defence of dialup-era culture. It's spelled "its" when it's in the possessive and now by way of an example: "I like Boards and all its features!"

Best of luck in ++time.

Advertisement