Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BSG 2003 S4E11 - "Sometimes a Great Notion" **FRACKING SPOILERS**

Options
  • 17-01-2009 3:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 82,083 ✭✭✭✭

DONT HOVER OVER THREAD TITLE - Silly. No seriously stop it. Dont ruin it for yourself! I mean it! GO AWAY. DO YOU WANT ME TO TELL YOU THINGS YOU DONT WANT TO HEAR? You'll be really sorry if you keep reading this. Are you sure? FINE! THE FINAL CYLON IS DOROTHY FROM THE WIZARD OF OZ. But not really.

:pac: <-- me thinking ahead

This is it, Ladies and Toasters.

We've rolled the Fracking Hard 6. We've waited Much Fracking Longer than we Fracking should have. And now here we fracking are. On Fracking Earth. Which has been Fracked up. Frack.

... :) ... :confused: ... :D ... :mad: ... :o ... :( ... :pac: 121 votes

Frackin' A! :pac:
    0% 0 votes
    Frack!!! :eek:
    54% 66 votes
    Frack? :confused:
    32% 39 votes
    Frack... :o
    11% 14 votes
    Frack this :(
    1% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

****s sake Dee!!!!!
    Did not see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,083 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The Final Cylon Has Been Revealed.

............Frack Me. I guess I lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

Im a bit underwhealmed with the 5th cylon

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

starn wrote: »
    I think it could go somewhere.

Good episode imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

starn wrote: »

me too not impressed at all:mad:

• Advertisement

I find myself left a bit speechless. They singlehandedly answered just about every question that has been left from the YEAR LONG BREAK The Motherfrackers.
    So Theres a whole mess of Cyclons the Cylons dont even know about? And if the planet was entirely Cylons I can only lead to the summation that Cylons are actually Humans, and Humans are actually Cylons. Dammit, my fracking head is going to hurt all over again. SHUT UP JONATHAN. Just watch the damn show.

The other thing is Starbu- Oh frack. I just got a brainwave from hell.

When Starbucks Viper exploded in the Gas Giant, did it somehow propel her into the Past? Could she then be inadvertently responsible for Earth's destruction? Thus fulfilling a self-fulfilling time loop of some kind?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,111 ✭✭✭Talisman

Anders playing air guitar! :D

That episode is so good I had to watch it twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Just watched it there - thought it was a great episode. Will be interesting to find out whats going on with
    Starbuck
    - was a nice bit of mis-direction there before we find out more at the end of the episode.

Loved the flashbacks from Tyrell and Tigh showing their previous lives and at least we now know who the fifth is :).

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

Ok just watched it and LOVED it. Cannot wait for the next episodes now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Very good episode
    And I was right about the 13th Tribe and the current Humans :)....yes I am that petty I had to bring it up again after all these years

And...er....why are putting spoiler tags in a thread that A. Obviously will have them, and B. Already states there are spoilers? Anyone who reads them unawares after that is just achieving a plot-line Darwin award.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭InvisibleBadger

Great episode. I wasn't dissapointed with the final cylon as they have always been in contention, and in revealing that answer they gave us a new question to wreck our heads!
    "Everythings in place, we'll be reborn"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Damn, that was a good episode. And I fracking new it would be Ellen, just had that feeling after re-watching 4.0 on DVD.

Anyway, good to have that revealed, and that the others had a previous life on Earth too. Where did they get re-born too though, is it some kind of spiritual rebirth, or like the Cylon download to a new body re-birth. Will be very interesting to see where this goes.

D, why?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

That was good stuff. Very enjoyable.

D :(

Scenes with Tigh and Adama were top notch.

Very interesting episodes ahead.

When i read the spoilers i was completely underrwhelmed but after seeing the ep im wll impressed. I thought the fifth was handled great, theyve set up a whole new story there that should be really enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

cotwold wrote: »
    When i read the spoilers i was completely underrwhelmed but after seeing the ep im wll impressed. I thought the fifth was handled great, theyve set up a whole new story there that should be really enjoyable.

why would you read the spoilers before seeing the episode? That would totally ruin it.

not using spoiler tags as the thread title says spoilers...

As for the 5th,didn't think they would reveal it so soon,bit surprised it is Ellen,but not disappointed. She was always a big candidate. And now it sets up a really interesting story of how they were reborn. Of what actually happened on earth. The 13th tribe were Cylons? How?

As for Starbuck,what the hell was that about? How is she alive if that was her in the Viper.what is she? and why didn't see go to D'Anna and ask if she was a Cylon. Why hasn't anyone asked her who the last Cylon is,it doesn't make a huge difference now.

Also is ellen actually dead or will we see her again? she was killed and we don't know if the final 5 can come back.

also Dee as well :( i could see she was headed for a breakdown but I didn't think they would kill her off like that so quickly.

They answered huge questions but there are still so many left to be answered.

I'm thinking as someone said above that starbuck went back in time and caused the destruction of the 13th tribe. That doesn't explain how she got back to Galactica though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Derek Coleman

Tigh has become this shows main character. And I'm not complaining. He is great. I have a feeling they get reborn back at the nebula where starbuck turned up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Brilliant. 10/10.

Great way to come back after such a long wait - right in there, right where we left off, so much answered and so much obviously still to come. Wow.

tvnutz wrote: »
    why would you read the spoilers before seeing the episode? That would totally ruin it.

I know, i couldn't help myself, i had waited long enough. But i still enjoyed it.

Also is ellen actually dead or will we see her again? she was killed and we don't know if the final 5 can come back.

also Dee as well :( i could see she was headed for a breakdown but I didn't think they would kill her off like that so quickly.

They answered huge questions but there are still so many left to be answered.

I hope we get to see ellen again. Too many flashbacks and this could turn into lost. Yeah the Dee story shocked me, didn't see that coming at all. I thought it was a very real reaction though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

"It's all in place." ?

The Final Five were responsible for the Earth Hol(ol)caust?

Cant wait to see where this goes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Hehheh -- when Lee and Dee (jesus, even their names are annoying!) were having there wee moment and her humming away to herself like a love struck 14 year old, I honestly really did think to myself "you know, I could seriously do without this story-line and these two annoying wet blankets. Here's hoping the two of them get sucked out a gods damn airlock.."

And two seconds later... BAM! :eek:. Did NOT expect that.

One out of two ain't bad :D

Goodshape wrote: »
    Hehheh -- when Lee and Dee (jesus, even their names are annoying!) were having there wee moment and her humming away to herself like a love struck 14 year old, I honestly really did think to myself "you know, I could seriously do without this story-line and these two annoying wet blankets. Here's hoping the two of them get sucked out a gods damn airlock.."

And two seconds later... BAM! :eek:. Did NOT expect that.

One out of two ain't bad :D
    You old romantic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Somewhat underwhelmed TBH. Adama threatening to top himself was a bit off, IMHO.
    Good to see that Balthar was somewhat coherent.
    Roll on, next week! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

amazing!

I jumped toward the tv when they uncovered the earth model centurion head, an amazing twist.

Dee topping herself was really unexpected and really well done. Galactica is just such a fraked up place to be. the scenes walking through the hallways showed just how messed up everyone is.

So starbuck died and came back, i cant wait to see how this folds out. The flash backs were good, glad they didn't give tory one, wouldn't have been as interested to see who see was.

Adama and Tigh were brilliant together.

and Ellen, what can i say. Another fraked up twist.

I cant wait to see what happens, will they find a new home or will everyone just kill themselves one by one.

I particulary want to know how they were reborn.

what a show!

One more thing, whats going on on the base star at the moment, how are all the cyclons reacting to this?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

fantastic episode,enjoyed every second of it.

High points were the tyrol pointed to his shadow burned onto the wall and the dee incident.

Was about to course the writers for bring a romantic sub plot back in with ten episodes to go and then BAM!!!

Counting down the seconds till the next episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,179 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Brillant episode, 44 mins is just not long enough for an episode but it was well worth the long wait to have the series back. The writers of BSG are fantastic.

Adama to Tigh: "Sit down Cylon!", classic line.

And my prediction of Ellen being the Fifth was spot on or are we being a little bit presumptuous, like when D'anna told Roslin she was the fifth?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

What an amazing episode!
    One of the best I've ever seen. The twist with Earth was unbelievable!
    And Starbuck! And Dee! MOAR!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

As for the 5th,didn't think they would reveal it so soon,bit surprised it is Ellen,but not disappointed. She was always a big candidate. And now it sets up a really interesting story of how they were reborn. Of what actually happened on earth. The 13th tribe were Cylons? How?
    I guess the word Cylon was just another name for Earthling (i.e. us) - and these Cylons aren't that much different from the Colonials dna-wise. So some kind of Terminator-armageddon-scenario befell them with some AI they were experienting which turned on them.

And then the Colonials, who had forgotten the original meaning of the word Cylon, repeated the mistake with AI (and called them Cylons).

Of course, I have no idea how the 4 old Cylons (Tigh, Tori, Anders, Tyrol) or Starbuck's timetravel or Ellen's reveal fits in with all that at all :)

"Frak Earth" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

That was awesome, I can't really say much more than what has been said already... I'm not entirely sure the Ellen reveal is all that it seems and that she is indeed the fifth, but we'll see. Brilliant throughout, painted a picture of utter desperation amongst the fleet so vividly - can't wait for next week or the next 9 episodes to be exact :).

• Advertisement

Tristram wrote: »
    "It's all in place." ?

The Final Five were responsible for the Earth Hol(ol)caust?

Cant wait to see where this goes!
    The way Ellen said it, it seemed more like the Five were responsible for the creation of Cylon Resurrection. Or at the very least, Ellen was.

Advertisement