Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow potential this week.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Great pic.:)

Looks like a spell of snow will push across from the west on Tuesday, less marginal then tonight so even if you miss out tonight chances are you will see some on Tuesday:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

in leixlip and was out in maynooth last night.from half nine to almost eleven snow really came down,slushy on the roads but stuck to cars.pubs emptying out at 2 o clock,drunk people + snow=big snowball fight in maynooth square.all melted today but hopefully more to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Have yet to see a single flake of snow here in Carlow town :rolleyes: Rain, drizzle and a small bit of sleet mixed in with rain thus far.

Temp 4.8c
    DP of 3.3c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Crazy blizzard conditions up the Wicklow mountains in the last shower. Roads were all covered with it still piling up as we left. Will put some pictures up later

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Cornilius

Snow survived in Kilcock, grass is still covered in areas. There are still slushy deposites on roadsides. Fingers crossed for 2nite

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭forkassed

Snow in St.Margarets last night

IMG_1933.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭dbyrne

3 degrees now, and lots of rain but no snow... is it snowing anywhere?? a pic or 2 fom last night, didnt come out well though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Was snowing on the way home from work this eveing on in the Wicklow mountains on the road to Roundwood. Djouce looked impressively white and cold. Conditions on the higher slopes must be awful in the wind and showers.
    Was a light covering here this morning everywhere heading into work ,snowed during the night and then turned to concrete on my car windows :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Well i think there's is still a decent chance of some snowfall away from southern and eastern coastal areas. Inland areas in the midlands in north could still do well especially when the cold air returns.

Here's my graphic thoughts!

snowriskpy1.th.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Well i think there's is still a decent chance of some snowfall away from southern and eastern coastal areas. Inland areas in the midlands in north could still do well especially when the cold air returns.

Here's my graphic thoughts!

snowriskpy1.th.gif

You must have REALLY good eyesight WC :D

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Aaaaaagh!!!
    People only a few miles away at lower elevations than me are getting snow, but all i've got is cold rain.
    I'm going mad here!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

UK met saying that NI will get sleet and snow later tomorrow afternoon and also it looks like a trough will cross the rest of the country too. So maybe a chance tomorrow evening too. Tuesday looks interesting aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

http://www.sat24.com/gb

The large bands and clumps at the back of the low are what should bring snow to places once the fronts clear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

This was the N21 this morning. both high and low elevations.

SnowCastleisland.jpg

SnowIII.jpg

And this was a regional road at low elevation

SnowII.jpg

Snow.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

very heavy rain here at the foot of the galtees now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

3 inches of snow here this morning, starting to rain though.

DSC00033.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

North Cork around 7 - 8AM

imgp5254fq0.jpg

imgp5256lg1.jpg

imgp5257ra1.jpg

imgp52501dd2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,409 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Cold air in place now, energy has been held back by the developing trough that is approaching Mayo, this feature should cross Ireland from about 10:00 to 13:00 and may produce some heavier snow showers with thunder, also some hail or sleet. Winds may become quite gusty during and after this trough passage, but may remain rather light near the surface until it arrives and mixes the surface layers more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

IMG_1384.JPG
    IMG_1382.JPG
    IMG_1381.JPG
    IMG_1380.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

Snow in Limerick last night. And starting again now. A gentle covering

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Its really pelting down now... :D

13761195yk5.jpg

63664823by9.jpg

26348920ei7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

heavy enough snow shower in north cork...really dark sky..great stuff...have to hand to bbc yesterday..really spot on for snow showers in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

starting to snow in west dublin:)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Great big snow shower now in Strabane and it's starting to stick. :) I'll get a few photos.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jobucks

just stopped snowing in Togher, Cork. Looks like its brightening a bit now, hopefully will have a bit lot more later!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,702 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

about half an inch settled overnight. if the bbc is correct we should be in for a pasting this afternoon as a trough passes through the country:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Hows weather in Port Co.Laois
    Working up in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Sligo has nice snow on the mountains down to about 150 m asl ...nothing stuck on the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

no snow at all in east laois,very disappointed.hope it opens the heavens with it later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

redsunset wrote: »
    no snow at all in east laois,very disappointed.hope it opens the heavens with it later

There's a very light covering of snow on the fields and roof near Port Laoise and Abbeyleix. Bit thicker looking on hills.

Advertisement