Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

I just need to make sure I have nothing to do the next day if I plan on having more than two drinks because it won't get done! Gonna struggle on for another half an hour and go to bed at the same time as my daughter :O. Ahhh I hate when headphones break :(. It annoys me more than it probably should haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

There's nothing worse than having 2+ drinks on a Saturday, then knowing you have something planned for the Sunday, especially if it's a social event and you're not really in the mood for said event... Gonna have a look around for headphones, was hoping i'd get more than the 2 years out of the Panasonic's, then again they've had so much wear and tear during the 2 years..

Anyone got headphone recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Two year isn't bad going! I need to invest in a pair myself as I currently have cheap ones which I don't think will last long so don't want them to break and end up with nothing.

Aye, currently have in ears, but they don't have the same kick as over the ear headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,027 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

anyone getting tickets to u2s irish shows. i say ticketmaster will crash and the demand is huge.

id say if the original guns n roses came back here it would have as big a demand as these u2 shows. The demand for Garth Brooks in 2014 was huge and if he does come back in 2016 it will be big again

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Please don't talk about Garth Brooks, I never want to hear than name again

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

PTH2009 wrote: »
    anyone getting tickets to u2s irish shows. i say ticketmaster will crash and the demand is huge.

Ah, U2 can go fuck themselves. They have booked a gig the same night as Om are playing Dublin meaning it is going to be hard to get transport up to Dublin on the day for myself and I think I can forget about trying to find a place to stay up there now. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭black_frosch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭black_frosch

Last.fm have updated their site and it is truely awful :( only in beta so hopefully the final product is better, but I have a bad feeling about it. Quite disappointing as it's a great site for finding new music and keeping track of your listening habits.
    Agreed. I was using it mainly as my music shelf and now can't see my music library over 1k bands in there. They are asking for feedback actually so you can let them know what exactly you don't like in a new version. I did and I was honest with them.

Agreed. I was using it mainly as my music shelf and now can't see my music library over 1k bands in there. They are asking for feedback actually so you can let them know what exactly you don't like in a new version. I did and I was honest with them.

Yeah I left feedback myself, be surprised if much came of it though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

PTH2009 wrote: »
    id say if the original guns n roses came back here it would have as big a demand as these u2 shows.
    That's an if that's monumentally unlikely. Slash and Rose hate each other, it's hard, nigh on impossible, to see them ever working together again.

Angron wrote: »
    That's an if that's monumentally unlikely. Slash and Rose hate each other, it's hard, nigh on impossible, to see them ever working together again.

Well in case ya missed it, Slash & Axl have sorta buried the hatchet, they've been talking again, and honestly if that's all they do, it's better than Axl holding on to an imagined sleight...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Depends on your perspective. I wish G n' R would die personally, never could stand them. Rose is a git, Slash is overrated.

Angron wrote: »
    Depends on your perspective. I wish G n' R would die personally, never could stand them. Rose is a git, Slash is overrated.

GN'R have been dead for 19 years, Axl is a git, well that's your opinion on Slash, and i disagree with it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

What's up in here lately?

Started a new brew yesterday, going for a stout this time, looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Girlfriend is still away so I'm being pretty boring and working a lot :o

Picked up tickets for OM, The Aristocrats and Muse during the weeks so a few gigs to look forward to.

Started rewatching Metalocalypse :D

How're you Links?

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Also being boring and working a lot! Having a very lazy weekend this weekend though because my husband is back home in Limerick for the weekend.

Have tickets for Apocalyptica in London in late November and Ireland's next 3 Rugby World Cup matches :)

Good, I've brewed a LOT recently!

Started making mead, so impressed with how the first one is shaping up (still needs to age in the bottles) that I wanted to make more, so currently there are 3 different meads fermenting in my brew cupboard. My first attempt was sort of a Christmas spiced mead with cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves, that's all bottled up now. I decided to make a second batch without any spices at all to see what that would be like, then I made a gigantic batch of the Christmas spiced (but this time with 2 vanilla pods added) using a 30 litre fermenter because it takes so god damn long, that's gonna be kept up for Christmas 2016! Then I got some honey from a local market yesterday and made one with that, unspiced. I also grabbed 2 cans of amber LME and 8 x 454g jars of honey from Lidl, and I'm making a braggot! Which is sorta half mead, half ale. Nottingham ale yeast was used. This thing is gonna be insane! That'll be kept for this Christmas. :D

I've pretty much filled up my brew cupboard, it looks like this now:

kpN78oZ.jpg?1

The smell when I open the door is incredible! The mead in the right demijohn will start looking like the one on the left fairly soon, then it'll start to get clear, with a thick bed of sedimently lees on the bottom. I'll have to siphon it out for a secondary fermention after a while, and it'll get really, really clear. This was from the first batch:

mXk6GEX.jpg?1

Could've gotten even clearer than that. Tastes marvelous, and is only gonna get better! :D

Other than that, been meaning to get back into the Japanese studies, to my shame I really let it slide this year. But on the plus side, I've enough booze to last me the whole next year. Bottled a nutty brown ale just the other week, that'll be my October/halloween beer. :D

Have tickets for Apocalyptica in London in late November and Ireland's next 3 Rugby World Cup matches :)

Aren't Vamps supporting that show? I'm more than a little jealous, I'd say that will be an amazing show! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

My friend from Florida just brewed an Irish red ale and relished in the fact that they were calling it "Sunburned Tourist" after all the Irish tourists who go to FL and turn into tomatoes. Whatever dude. I only got one little patch of sunburn this time around B)

• Advertisement

Florida is one place I wouldn't like to go, I am chronically Irish, I would melt. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,027 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Going to 2 days of the darts in citywest in October
    Motley crue in Manchester in Nov
    U2 in 3arena Tuesday 24th Nov and def leppard the week after

Going to have no money for Christmas lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Enslaved/Grand Magus in The Button Factory on Saturday and Paradise Lost in The Academy on Sunday. Gonna be a good weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Anyone else completely forget about Evile :o they're FINALLY playing this Friday (I'm still not certain it will happen) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Anyone else completely forget about Evile :o they're FINALLY playing this Friday (I'm still not certain it will happen) :pac:

Yup, and I would be going too only for Saturday and Sunday. You wait ages for a decent gig and then three come along at once. :pac:

Blergh, I seem to have been afflicted with the lurgy! :eek:

Lemsips and lots of water, and chicken soup for dinner. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

After a year of being broke, I can finally afford to go to gigs again! Going to Steve Wilson in the Royal Albert Hall on Monday :D

Also going to OM and Aristocrats before the end of the year as well. It has been far, far too long since I've been to a gig

Ah, awesome Somnus! :D Jelly on Steven Wilson.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Links234 wrote: »
    Ah, awesome Somnus! :D Jelly on Steven Wilson.

Haha, ScienceNerd was saying the same when we had a few drinks the other night.

Yeah the Masters is finally behind me and I'm working full time again, so I can finally relax. Even just getting to properly sit down and enjoy some music. Revisiting some albums I haven't listened to in ages!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

Links234 wrote: »
    Florida is one place I wouldn't like to go, I am chronically Irish, I would melt. :eek:

It's grand, you'd be having too much fun on the roller coasters in Disney and Universal to care :cool:

Advertisement