Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Passenger wrote: »
    I thought the 'B' word was only to be uttered in hushed tones around here. :cool:

Have a safe trip, Nerdman.
    dont_mention_the_war_scale.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Links234 wrote: »
    Hey folks ;)

I'm trying to dip my toes into game development! Well, I have a concept, girlfriend is showing me how we go about prototyping it. Its tedious. :p

Nice, what's the concept? Or is a bit of a secret for now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Somnus wrote: »
    Nice, what's the concept? Or is a bit of a secret for now?

Well, it's just gonna be a zombie game, so something nobody has ever thought of before! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

Still on a high after my Leaving Cert results

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

How is everyone doing? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

All good here, blaring the new Bullet For My Valentine album :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Gearing up for Gojira in The Academy tomorrow. Anybody else attending? It has long since sold out too apparently so should be a great atmosphere.

Also won weekend tickets to The Irish Craft Beer Fest in the RDS too. Gonna be a good weekend. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Gearing up for Gojira in The Academy tomorrow. Anybody else attending? It has long since sold out too apparently so should be a great atmosphere.

Also won weekend tickets to The Irish Craft Beer Fest in the RDS too. Gonna be a good weekend. :D

*raises hand*

Going by the timing of my ticket purchase, I may have been one of the last 10 to get one. Close call

Hey folks ;)

Won't be at Gojira myself, but damn they're a band I would like to see. Pity I'm fairly strapped for cash right now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Hey guys, hope everyone is keeping well. Back from my holidays, was an amazing 3 weeks and was great to be back with my girlfriend :) Have her back in Ireland for a week before she heads off again, this time to America.

Last.fm have updated their site and it is truely awful :( only in beta so hopefully the final product is better, but I have a bad feeling about it. Quite disappointing as it's a great site for finding new music and keeping track of your listening habits.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Hey SN ;)

What were the highlights of the trip?

The food :D Seriously, I ate everything I could get my hands on, so much good food to eat, especially some of the street food.

Halong Bay was breathtaking, truely beautiful.

The Angkor Wat temples were magnificent and we got up to see the sunrise over Angkor Wat which was lovely (though we got eaten alive by bugs)

Saw the Cu Chi tunnels which were cool and a lot of other stuff related to the Vietnam/American war, really interesting to see how they presented things, though parts were obviously incredibly biased.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Hey guys, hope everyone is keeping well. Back from my holidays, was an amazing 3 weeks and was great to be back with my girlfriend :) Have her back in Ireland for a week before she heads off again, this time to America.

Last.fm have updated their site and it is truely awful :( only in beta so hopefully the final product is better, but I have a bad feeling about it. Quite disappointing as it's a great site for finding new music and keeping track of your listening habits.

Welcome back, Nerdman. I seen that and had a similar reaction to the new layout too.

Glad you enjoyed your holiday Science :D. Aye, the new Last.fm is really awful, I hate it :(

<
    This guy, officially an NUIG student again :D

Hey guys, you seen this yet?

Welcome back, Nerdman. I seen that and had a similar reaction to the new layout too.
    Reiketsu wrote: »
    Glad you enjoyed your holiday Science :D. Aye, the new Last.fm is really awful, I hate it :(

The response has been overwhelmingly negative going by their forums and reddit. They've even removed features like the taste-o-meter, events and groups. They'll be reintroduced later apparently, but why launch a site that isn't finished?

Also my sig showing my latest tracks stopped working :(
    Hey guys, you seen this yet?

That looks cheesy, ludicrous and fun :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'll give the new last.fm one thing, the mobile site looks decent.

Of course, there was no mobile site before, so I guess I don't have anything to really compare it to.

Hey all! How goes it in here? I've been spending quite a bit of time with Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain! :D

Also, my mead is shaping up to be something really good, and I seriously wanna make more ASAP!

• Advertisement

Hey all! How goes it in here? I've been spending quite a bit of time with Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain! :D

Really? Never would have guessed :pac:

My poor PS3 is suffering :( Hard a hardware failure, managed to get it up and running again but is living on borrowed time I suspect. Don't want the distraction of a new console in my final year!

I need to get back brewing, nearly finished all of the last batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Morning!

Feels like I've not posted in here in forever!

What I miss? Everyone enjoy their holidays and adventures?
    Kicked ass in exams and back onto their studies? Poop :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Weird metal fact I just learned: Jim Carrey was a huge fan of the band Cannibal Corpse, and pushed to get them a scene in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective. He got his wish. :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

I cannot handle sitting up until 4am drinking any more...I need my bed :O

Staying up that late drinking is a youngsters game :pac:

Not that i'm implying anything with that remark.

Hahaha well I'm not 21 any more anyway :D. Will behave myself now until my friends birthday in mid October...might be recovered by then.

I'm 21 and i can only handle like 5 drinks before it comes back and bites me..

Wait until you're 27 :pac:

• Advertisement

I don't drink anymore, had a rare moment of clarity where i decided, nah drinking ain't for me, just as happy with a cup of coffee., also my headphones broke :(

Advertisement