Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Hmm... Anyone here ever order from Zavvi before?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Links234 wrote: »
    Hmm... Anyone here ever order from Zavvi before?

Yes there very slow and they will charge you import duty because there not based in Europe as far as I know.

Yes there very slow and they will charge you import duty because there not based in Europe as far as I know.

I had ordered something from the over a month ago, got to me in about a week, no extra charges or anything, I was very happy. Ordered something else and that was shipped 2 weeks ago today, and still nothing :o but good to hear you experienced them as slow, might mean I shouldn't panic yet. How slow is slow btw?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

079Slowpoke.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I had ordered something from the over a month ago, got to me in about a week, no extra charges or anything, I was very happy. Ordered something else and that was shipped 2 weeks ago today, and still nothing :o but good to hear you experienced them as slow, might mean I shouldn't panic yet. How slow is slow btw?

Well there owned by the hut so its no surprise there slow lol longest i waited was about 2wks I think,longest I had to wait with the hut was 3.5wks :eek:.

• Advertisement

Well there owned by the hut so its no surprise there slow lol longest i waited was about 2wks I think,longest I had to wait with the hut was 3.5wks :eek:.

Jaaaaaysis! :eek: Well, I shalln't panic too much yet.

Angron wrote: »
    079Slowpoke.png

That's that, erm... Speedychu or something right?

Hey all ;)

pztACwV.jpg

Hey everyone ;)

Bah, I wanna buy a new guitar :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Afternoon all. Next tattoo decided on. Just need to save up the brass coins for it now

• Advertisement

P_1 wrote: »
    Afternoon all. Next tattoo decided on. Just need to save up the brass coins for it now

Hey P_1 ;)

hope the savings go well, what are you getting done?

Hey Links

Gonna get a real dark looking image of the heads of the four horses of the apocalypse on the inner bicep of my left arm to tie in with my 'badass grrr' sleeve. Probably about three hours work in it id guesstimate

Good luck with it, sounds like it would be really cool! ;)

I'm thinking of selling some random stuff, not just to try and afford a new guitar, I've got a fair bit of clutter and could use a bit of tidy up. Hmm, wonder would I get much for some shoes?

Well it depends on the shoes but I'd imagine you'd have little trouble

It's been something I've been meaning to do for a while anyway.

Well if you need any help give me a shout

getting a new guitar might be a wee bit expensive :(

You looking at any guitar in particular?

P_1 wrote: »
    You looking at any guitar in particular?

Yeah, something extremely particular, and had decided that if it ever came up second hand I'd try snap it up. It came up. I'm going to make an attempt at it, but shipping was looking prohibitively expensive, so trying to work something out. :o

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Raided Chapters today and bought myself 7 new books, I really can't help myself.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

Ooh awesome, what books?

A fair few classics: Frankenstein, The Illiad (Read The Secret History recently and got me seriously in the mood for Greek mythology), The Count of Monte Cristo and The Divine Comedy.

Also, Shards of a Broken Crown (Raymond E Feist), The Martian (Andy Weir) and Fool's Assassin (Robin Hobb)

The last one I can't wait to get stuck into, the start of a new trilogy following on from 2 she did previously which I absolutely loved.

Pretty awesome! I should read more, my girlfriend bought me the magician's guild trilogy by Trudi Canavan ages ago and I still haven't even started reading them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Hope everyone had a nice weekend :). I just ate my mum's food and helped her drink her vodka :D. My daughter starts back at school in the morning....not looking forward to the early starts!

One (and really, the only) benefit of my commute is I get a good hour of reading done a day at least.

figuring out customs and VAT I'll have to pay on importing a guitar :o This is complicated :eek:

Pretty good weekend Reiketsu, didn't really get up to much but I enjoyed myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Pretty awesome! I should read more, my girlfriend bought me the magician's guild trilogy by Trudi Canavan ages ago and I still haven't even started reading them :(

I really liked those books. And her Age of Five trilogy. They're definitely worth giving a go. They're quite easy to read too, real page turners.

I have a big book of 20th Century Speeches to read. I figure it'll become toilet reading. :D

Morning ;)

Lyraiera, I definitely want to get around to reading them at some point, but I guess these days the only time I have for reading is when I'm studying :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Well, that's my kid off to school. Back to bed now I think :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,503 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Bought a guitar last week. Pretty fcuking stupid, considering I'm on holidays next week.

Advertisement