Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

So who's going to see Yes in November? I think I'll definitely have to.....hmmm..... :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

So who's going to see Yes in November? I think I'll definitely have to.....hmmm..... :D:D

Will more than likely mosey along to this alright.

€39.20 for a fully seated Olympia gig is decent enough too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yes are playing in November? When did this happen? I'll have to check that out tbh.

Yes they are. Tickets go on sale this thursday I believe, I'd say they might sell out fairly fast.

Oooh, I'm gonna have to see that. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

Yes for under €40, how could I say no to that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Guess the Album thread has reached 666 replies, shut it down it's reached it's pinnacle :p

If it has 666 replies that means it has 667 posts, so it's already too late :(

May god have mercy on our souls.

• Advertisement

This is too good not to share

http://img.moronail.net/img/9/0/690.jpg

Best said in the voice of The Monarch from Venture Bros. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭lankysexybeast

hay guys just got loinked here long time rock/metal head so i shall take this beenbag and sit in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

hay guys just got loinked here long time rock/metal head so i shall take this beenbag and sit in

Welkommen.

Do you folks like coffee? Love this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25 bik_ireland

What do you think about tribute bands? There used to be lots around - Abbaesque, Australian Doors, etc. I saw AZ/DZ recently (again) in the Button Factory. Not a brilliant turnout, but those there were committed! Brilliant show. My opinion is that some of these bands actually put on a better show (and sometimes more true to the original 'sound') than the band they are attempting to pay homage to ..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

What do you think about tribute bands? There used to be lots around - Abbaesque, Australian Doors, etc. I saw AZ/DZ recently (again) in the Button Factory. Not a brilliant turnout, but those there were committed! Brilliant show. My opinion is that some of these bands actually put on a better show (and sometimes more true to the original 'sound') than the band they are attempting to pay homage to ..
    You'd probably be better off starting a separate thread on this topic but anyway, I've seen a few cover bands and while most can be well worth a listen, they can't compare to the original. I've seen a few Guns N' Roses cover bands for example and while they are well able to play the songs, they just don't quite replicate the stage presence of the musicians they are emulating.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

malice_ wrote: »
    You'd probably be better off starting a separate thread on this topic but anyway, I've seen a few cover bands and while most can be well worth a listen, they can't compare to the original. I've seen a few Guns N' Roses cover bands for example and while they are well able to play the songs, they just don't quite replicate the stage presence of the musicians they are emulating.

I've seen stairway to zeppelin a few times and thought they were absolutely excellent. I think it's just their job to do a showband style take on the originals. OTT and more fun. I rarely have a bad night out at a tribute act gig.
    I can move this into another thread of it's own if ye want. Just lemme know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

The australian Pink Floyd are class. Absolutely amazing show. Saw them a while back. Wow! The Irish Pink Floyd (I think thats ther name) are supposed to be class...

Oh yeah, Saw the Aussie PF many years ago myself. They're very good indeed.

• Advertisement

One of the best cover bands I ever saw was an all female tribute to AC/DC in San Francisco back in 2001. Sadly old age is catching up with me and I can't for the life of me remember their name :(.

malice_ wrote: »
    One of the best cover bands I ever saw was an all female tribute to AC/DC in San Francisco back in 2001. Sadly old age is catching up with me and I can't for the life of me remember their name :(.

I believe there was an all female covers band called dc/dc but I'm not sure.

I believe there was an all female covers band called dc/dc but I'm not sure.
    There's actually a few of them knocking around - AC/DShe, Hells Belles, Whole Lotta Rosies and more I'm sure!

What's with all the list threads lately? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

think one of the most energetic (if not the most technically sound) cover band I saw was a Frantica gig in fibbers a while ago.

Schism wrote: »
    What's with all the list threads lately? :confused:
    There has been a bit of overkill lately hasn't there? I'm waiting for someone to start a "Your Favourite Top 10 Threads" thread ;).

We need to get some pints.

We need to get some pints.

What are your top 12 best ever pints?

What are your top 12 best ever pints?

Who cares? Top 12 whiskeys ever! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Max Power1 wrote: »
    think one of the most energetic (if not the most technically sound) cover band I saw was a Frantica gig in fibbers a while ago.

Thats my friends band (guitarist). Love seeing them, always put on a good show

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Advertisement