Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTÉ DTT Tests: Mullaghanish

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,481 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

pa990 wrote: »
    Cool.. Thanks

I thought anything over ch60 was off limits, due to reallocation of freq for mobile's etc

DTT is being rolled out under the existing plan, a revised plan is being developed by ComReg, the BAI and RTE including Ofcom where necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

second audio on RTENL test channel on both spur hill and mullaghanish
    Audio is listed as "NAR" and is in irish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

RTÉ is now showing up on both my Panasonics G10L and G10B as RTÉ instead of the previous RT1 etc and they now have the fada broadcasting.

A new channel appeared from Mullaghanish today "RTNL2" on my Panny G10L. Its showing no sound or video just a black picture. 6 Channels now from Mullaghanish. Radio unchanged.

Stinicker wrote: »
    A new channel appeared from Mullaghanish today "RTNL2" on my Panny G10L. Its showing no sound or video just a black picture. 6 Channels now from Mullaghanish. Radio unchanged.

It been there since yesterday (also Woodcock Hill). Appears to be network wide. First reported yesterday afternoon.

• Advertisement

is the 2nd test channel showing a test card?
    All i'm getting is a black screen and a clicking noise.
    All other channels are ok

is the 2nd test channel showing a test card?
    All i'm getting is a black screen and a clicking noise.
    All other channels are ok

Blank screen for me too, both Mullaghanish and Woodcock Hill. The clicking noise is only there when I enter the guide otherwise I get "Selected programme is not tuned" on my Sony V4500.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

The Cush wrote: »
    Blank screen for me too, both Mullaghanish and Woodcock Hill. The clicking noise is only there when I enter the guide otherwise I get "Selected programme is not tuned" on my Sony V4500.

Yes, same up here too at Clermont Carn with a Sony W4000 and also a V4500. Are those who were getting pictures (jobyrne30) on this channel still getting them with their model of TV I wonder? I suppose as its a test some TV's are getting a picture and others are not.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Mayo Exile wrote: »
    I suppose as its a test some TV's are getting a picture and others are not.

Could it be that only Dublin TVs are getting a picture at the moment, as the test card has 'Baille Ath Cliath' across it?

Perhaps they are testing regional feeds.

Could it be that only Dublin TVs are getting a picture at the moment, as the test card has 'Baille Ath Cliath' across it?

Perhaps they are testing regional feeds.

jobyrne30 says he was getting this testcard from Mt. Leinster.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

Mayo Exile wrote: »
    jobyrne30 says he was getting this testcard from Mt. Leinster.

Hi folks ,

I'm based in Athy near the Kildare/Carlow border. I got that test card from Mount Leinster in Carlow. I was receiving the test card on my Mediaportal HTPC at the time I posted in the other thread. I was also getting an EPG entry

At the moment I'm getting no picture or sound but the 7 day EPG data is still there and updating.
    clipboard02bl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭byrnefm

I checked it on an LG 26" TV last night that gets Saorview in south Donegal - the LG just states that there is "No Signal" but does list the station on its list of channels. No clicking or any other sounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

I'm receiving that same "RTENL Ath Cliath" test card http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65735577&postcount=651 at the moment from Mount Leinster tuned in on 666000Khz frequency. Anybody else getting it ?

I'm getting it from Three Rock, I'd assume it's on everywhere. The clicking is a sync test judging by the card.

jobyrne30 wrote: »
    I'm receiving that same "RTENL Ath Cliath" test card http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65735577&postcount=651 at the moment from Mount Leinster tuned in on 666000Khz frequency. Anybody else getting it ?

Yeah I am getting the red "RTENL Ath Cliath" test card from Mullaghanish today.

Testcard on now from both Mullaghanish and Woodcock Hill.

test card on rtenl2 from ch45 spur hill also

On ch 53 from Clermont Carn as well.

second audio stream on RteNL2.
    One audio is lyric fm
    Other audio stream audio sync (clicking)

This is for both ch21 mulla
    And
    Ch45 spur hill

ch 24 now broadcasting from mulla.
    It has the 6tv and 4radio
    Something else also on ch28, but tv won't show it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Squegee

ch 29 and 27 intermittent off Ballyhooley relay. Would that have anything to do with it?

dunno.. It's common for sony tv's not to pick up the channels is no network id table is broadcast..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭galtee boy

ch 24 now broadcasting from mulla.
    It has the 6tv and 4radio
    Something else also on ch28, but tv won't show it

All four allocated mux's from Mullaghanish ( 21,24,25,28 ) are currently fired up. 21 and 24 are broadcasting the 6 tv and 4 radio channels and 25 and 28 are live with just blank carriers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

All there, interesting is that my z81 pana won't tune in the c24 channels as they are already tuned in on c21!

TheDriver wrote: »
    All there, interesting is that my z81 pana won't tune in the c24 channels as they are already tuned in on c21!

On my Sony if I do an auto scan I only get one set of channels however if I do a manual scan of Ch 24 I get those channels added to the epg also and likewise with Ch 47 Woodcock Hill.

I recorded the Testcards using DVB viewer on my USB DVB-T stick earlier and uploaded them to Youtube.

I wonder when will we see RTÉ doing any HD tests? I remember they did a few two or three years ago when they gave out the free receivers in Dublin, but I wonder would we see anything like that on the regional transmitters.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

bit surprised at this, but i'm picking up Mullaghanish DTT with an indoor powered aerial(two of them actually, both working fine), and i'm up in Killaloe/Ballina, on the clare tipp border.

thought initially it was maghera, turns out it's channel 21, which is mullaghanish. I don't get anything from Maghera or Woodcock, both of which are significantly closer.

no nanlog signals, but i bought a class c/d aerial thinking it was maghera i was picking up but will need to get a class A now for Mullaghanish, and can use the C/D for a repeater we have over the town whichw as for the old analog signals as the signal is so poor in the town

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Voyager II

Mulla really pumping it out on ch21 just a small unpowered log periodic sitting on fire place 100% sig and quality old head of kinsale all channels perfect.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Voyager II wrote: »
    Mulla really pumping it out on ch21 just a small unpowered log periodic sitting on fire place 100% sig and quality old head of kinsale all channels perfect.

given woodcock and maghera rare only 20km from me,mullaghanish is 105km, and i can't pick up maghera or woodcock and have mullaghanish dtt working fine, it does point at them having a pretty strong signal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭More Music

New UHF antennas on the new mast.

Advertisement