Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Players Lounge, Dublin Singles Competition

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 James M

I have a 18 year old friend who would probably come down. I just want to get a taste of playing against other people playing darts because i never have played in any sort of competition. The pub is only 5 minutes down from me so i might try on saturday. Thanks for letting me know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Competition is back on this Saturday 23rd May. There are four weeks to run on this particular competition. Qualifiers then play off for 1200 Euro.

Round 7 Results
    Last 8
    Joe Kinsella beat Barney Reddy
    John Flanagan beat Robert Moore
    Alan O'Reilly beat Andy Poole
    Keith Byrne beat Chris O'Reilly

Semi-Finals
    Alan O'Reilly 3 Keith Byrne 0
    John Flanagan 3 Joe Kinsella 2

Final
    Alan O'Reilly 3 John Flanagan 2

Competition will be on next Saturday as usual.

Couldnt make it last saturday my mate couldnt go. Just wondering what a decent player would be averaging in the tournaments.

Round 7 Results
    Last 8

Frank Kelly
    Shane O'Connor
    Keith Byrne
    Sean Mcardle
    John Flanagan
    Keith Crook
    Gary Gregory
    Michael Creedon

Semi-Finals
    Sean McArdle 2 Shane O'Connor1
    Frank Kelly 2 John Flanagan 0

Final
    Sean McArdle 3 Frank Kelly 1

The competition has another 2 weeks to run - This Saturday and next Saturday. The top 20 qualifiers will then play-off for a prizefund of 1200Euro.

(I am then going to run a Singles League provisionally commencing Wednesday 24 June - Bobby)

• Advertisement

Latest Table:
    file.php?id=23

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Carrickman wrote: »
    Round 7 Results

Sean McArdle 2 Shane O'Connor1

Well it finally happened.

Also a mention for Gary Gregory of the Farm. Had a good run to the 1/4s (including myself) and really should have beaten the eventual winner, had the darts at doubles to do it.

JamesM, what did you think of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

AndyP wrote: »
    Well it finally happened.

Also a mention for Gary Gregory of the Farm. Had a good run to the 1/4s (including myself) and really should have beaten the eventual winner, had the darts at doubles to do it.

JamesM, what did you think of it?

Yeah seen his name in the results.........delighted for him.......he has great potential.

I was knocked out in the first round by james kinsella and i shoud have won. I had darts in hand to win 2-0 but completly messed up. I will hope to be down on saturday because i really enjoyed it, been on the practise board all week aswell

SORRY LADS. CANCELLED TOMORROW

• Advertisement

Got this e-mail this morning:
    Hello James
    Sorry about mix up in dates last week. I got very short notice of unavailability of venue last Saturday. Actually Saturday is not really viable for competition at this time of year. "Take That"are playing in Croke Park this week so there will not be a cometition this Saturday either.

The next competition (week 9) will be played next Wednesday June 17th and hopefully the last one(week 10) will be played Saturday 20th June subject to availability.

This competition should have been finished long ago but this venue(great darts venue) is very busy weekends. I have no date for overall final as yet but will keep you informed.

Regards

Bobby

Thanks but I'll be away for the last two weeks of the competition so I wont be able to make it. I also heard there is a singles league starting up and would be very interested in that. I would just like to know if it is ok for me to play in it as long im acompanied by an adult. Thanks Bobby.

James M wrote: »
    I also heard there is a singles league starting up and would be very interested in that. I would just like to know if it is ok for me to play in it as long im acompanied by an adult. Thanks Bobby.
    The is a post on here regarding the singles league with a poster attached, Bobbys number is on it sure give him a buzz to see if it's ok for you to enter.

Week 9 Results
    Last 8

John Flanagan
    JP Kinsella
    Anto McCracken
    Sean McArdle
    Andy Poole
    Robert Moore
    Don Healy
    Eugene McArdle

Semi Final
    Anto McCracken 3 Eugene McArdle 2
    Sean McArdle 3 JP Kinsella 1

Final
    Anto McCracken 3 Sean McArdle 1

The 10th and final week of this competition will be played next Monday night 22nd June 8-30pm.

Date for overall final will be decided later.

I'm a bit late with this as my internet was done this past week.
    Week 10
    Last 8

Keith Byrne - Barney Reddy- Sean McArdle - John Burke - Anto Turner
    Damian O'Brien- Anto McCracken- Don Healy

Semi-Finals
    John Burke 3 Anto McCracken 1
    Barney Reddy 3 Sean McArdle 2

Final
    John Burke 3 Barney Reddy 1

file.php?id=27

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭pad180

sorry carrickman i was out there on mon night playing just filled in for someone that couldnt make it , is it a new competion that started that night im back out there next mon this is my first time playing in it so dont really know thanks

pad180 wrote: »
    sorry carrickman i was out there on mon night playing just filled in for someone that couldnt make it , is it a new competion that started that night im back out there next mon this is my first time playing in it so dont really know thanks

No, this is the one we are playing in.

This thread is for the competition that was played on saturdays and is coming to an end.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭pad180

cheers andyp thanks for that ;)

Finals -- Prize fund 1200 Euro--Winner 500 Euro

Last 8
    Don Healy bt Barney Reddy
    Alan O'Reilly bt Keith Crook
    Eugene McArdle bt Colly White
    Shane O'Connor bt Anto McCracken

S/Finals
    Don Healy bt Alan O'Reilly 2-1
    Shane O'Connor bt Eugene McArdle 2-0

Final
    Shane O'Connor bt Don Healy 3-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ADINKO

Hi,

Is there still darts on in September?

I was checking the pubs website and there was nothing about it.

http://www.theplayerslounge.ie/

• Advertisement
Advertisement