Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Players Lounge, Dublin Singles Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Week 5 Results
    Last 8

Terry McMorrow
    Anto Wade
    Frank Kelly
    John Paul Kinsella
    Alan O'Reilly
    Colly White
    Derek Lennox
    Michael Creedon

Semi-Finals
    Anto Wade 2 Terry McMorrow 0
    Alan O'Reilly 2 Frank Kelly 1

Final
    Alan O'Reilly 3 Anto Wade 2

playerslounge.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

The final was super, television stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭whaaames

is there a competition on saturday the 14th..? would love to play, first sat night off in ages...

Yep on as usual.

Just got a message to say this is cancelled tonight. No idea why.

• Advertisement

AndyP wrote: »
    Just got a message to say this is cancelled tonight. No idea why.
    It was cancelled because the rugby was on the big screen, not sure about next Saturday.

You would think they would be ok with the 25 other screens.

Got a message to say this is on tomorrow night. 5pm as usual. If anything changes I will update it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 James M

Was just wondering im 16 years old and love playing darts and was just wondering would i be aloud play in the competitions

Week 6 Results
    Last 8

Anto Wade 1 Shane O'Connor 2
    Colly White 2 Derek Lennox 0
    Eugene McArdle 2 John O'Sullivan 0
    Alan O'Reilly 2 Liam Mongey 0

Semi-Finals
    Colly White 2 Eugene McArdle 0
    Shane O'Connor 2 Alan O'Reilly 1

Final
    Shane O'Connor 3 Colly White 1

This competition is being deferred for 3 or 4 weeks due to fixture clashes (Croke Park and upcoming Darts Tournaments). I will let you know when it is back on.

• Advertisement

Could someone tell me would I be aloud play in the players lounge Darts competitions because im only 16.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

James M wrote: »
    Could someone tell me would I be aloud play in the players lounge Darts competitions because im only 16.

I'm sure it's open to all, sure you can just lie about your age anyway, no big deal.

Thanks for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭davb

anyone know if this tournament is starting back up?

davb wrote: »
    anyone know if this tournament is starting back up?

I will see if I can find out for you.

There is a function on there this Saturday so he hopes to hold the next one on the 16th but this is not definete, I will let you know as soon as I hear more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Well he wont get anyone on the 16th, The Players Championship round 6 is on in the Green Isle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭davb

Carrickman wrote: »
    There is a function on there this Saturday so he hopes to hold the next one on the 16th but this is not definete, I will let you know as soon as I hear more.

cheers carrickman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pdeburca

Hi there, O darts folks.

I'm the webmaster for the Players Lounge new website at: see http://www.thePlayersLounge.biz

If anyone has any darts news, photos etc. about the Lounge, please e-mail me at webmaster@thePlayersLounge.biz - I'll do my best to add it to the site.

Go raibh maith agat!!
    Pádraig

Right lads, I was talking to Bobby yesterday and this competition is definitely back on this Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭MIP

Right lads, I was talking to Bobby yesterday and this competition is definitely back on this Saturday.

Mustn't get many rugby fans in! :D Or do you know if they're planning to show the match too?

They have 40+ screens in there so I am sure everyone will be catered for!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

i went dwon to it about two weeks ago, forgot the ranger's celtic match was on, was shocked when i walked in just a sea of green and white actually brillaint to see but was pi**ed off that it wasn't on.
    will be there this saturday defo

See you there so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Is it going to be the same format as before ?

Is it going to be the same format as before ?

Yeah, its the same competition. Best of 3 601 double in/out.

Im only 16 and i know the bar dosent let people under 18 in but is there anyway i can play in the competitions?

James M wrote: »
    Im only 16 and i know the bar dosent let people under 18 in but is there anyway i can play in the competitions?

You will be able to play in the competition no problem. BUT, a sixteen year old in the pub on his own is a different story, could you not get an adult to accompany you?

Keep an eye open for all the opens coming up, most if not all have seperate youths competitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

TBH james

unless your an exceptional youth

and i play with a dublin county youth and he knows most of the youths around where the likes of Paddy Meaney donimate and other good little players like dean forde and kian barker and the likes, and i would say only paddy meaney would consider entering a decent seniors competition.

Its very hard for a youth to beat a good senior these days, not saying you shouldnt go down and play or anything, but i would definitely be looking to play junior competitions first and see if you can hold your own, win a few comps there, because the senior level is a step up again

• Advertisement

TBH james

unless your an exceptional youth

and i play with a dublin county youth and he knows most of the youths around where the likes of Paddy Meaney donimate and other good little players like dean forde and kian barker and the likes, and i would say only paddy meaney would consider entering a decent seniors competition.

Its very hard for a youth to beat a good senior these days, not saying you shouldnt go down and play or anything, but i would definitely be looking to play junior competitions first and see if you can hold your own, win a few comps there, because the senior level is a step up again

Fair points there but its no harm to play a couple just to get the feel for the standard and believe me the standard is good.

Example, last night was the final of the north city singles and you would swear you were watching tv darts. Garret Gray was 7 darts into a 9 darter in the final (which he lost to Shane O'Connor).

Advertisement