Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

toy boys

Options
  • 11-01-2009 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭

What are the ladies thoughts on toy boys? Are they an invention of the media? Something you'd be interested in for the lolz, a week or two of young male attention and then move on? Is there anything more to the idea than sex or can it be more? All purely academic questions you understand.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I was recently seeing a woman 7 years older than me,

It was very much a case of a week or two of attention then moving on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I was recently seeing a woman 7 years older than me,

It was very much a case of a week or two of attention then moving on
    I had a thing with a girl 10years older for a few months...was only about the sexytime on both our parts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

I think it depends on the age range ...

The relationship between a 35 year old man and a 45 year old woman would be very different to the one between a 19 year old guy and a 28 year old woman. I'm 22 and I'd never date anyone who was more than a year or 2 younger than me max. But thats simply because if they were any younger they'd be teenagers and the maturity/life exp gap would be huge.

A friend of mine dated a 20year old guy when she was 28, and for her it was purely sex and they ended up breaking up when he wanted to get more serious. She just couldn't see it working long term because he was still living at home, at college, and kind of put her on a pedestal. Whereas she had her own place, a good job, and wanted an equal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I don't mind an age gap. I've had a casual dating relationships with younger men and I've had a few boyfriends who were several years younger. I think it can be more than just sex, but it depends on the two people involved. I think it's more unlikely to work out, the greater the age gap, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

All purely academic questions you understand.
    But of course ;-)

The answer cant be defined in one point. Id be inclined to believe that either one would be in it for different reasons, outside of the sex itself. Men who prefer confident / sexually confident women may be attracted to an older lady. By this stage the women depending on their stage of life / circumstances have agendas of their own. For women its often a sexual re-awakening.

Theres rarely a connection beyond the sex imo.

I accept that there are exceptions to the rule, however ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Is 8 years a toy boy? I kind of associated the term with women in their forties meeting a guy at least a decade younger. I suppose it comes down to where each person is in their lives?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I had a thing with a girl 10years older for a few months...was only about the sexytime on both our parts

Seems to be what she was after, morning after we had sex for the first time, she reveals she had a boyfriend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

I have a self confessed 'thing' for older men.... but can never see myself going for a toyboy apart from some sexy time, and even at that I don't think it would last all that long.....still though, I guess it would all depend on the guy! Not something I'll have to worry about yet;think at 26 I'm prob a bit young for one, and happily attached at the mo; he's my senior by 9 years, practically a young 'un for me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

.....the rule is- half your age + 7 is respectable apparently!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Have you seen the way (many of) the young women in this country carry themselves? It's easy to understand why a young male might get disillusioned with the women in his age group when you see the 'ladette' culture that is becoming prominent these days.
    Could you blame them for seeking out a bit of maturity?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

For a short period of time yes.

Relationship no.

But then I like older men, personality wise maturity is attractive to me, not youth.

Edit: Jesus, just saw your last post brianthebard - am not in my 40s. Was talking about younger men in general.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

when does someone become a toyboy?

my OH is 5 years younger then me - is he a toy boy? if so, i say go for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

dolliemix wrote: »
    .....the rule is- half your age + 7 is respectable apparently!:)

Past the age of 22 (for the oldest person in the equation). Before that and it's not applicable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

In Turkey you see a lot of Western women in their 50s/60s with local men in their mid twenties at the most.

Apparently these women come over there for maybe a month/few weeks of the year and 'look after' the men for their time there.

I suppose gigolo is probably an apt description of the whole thing, though it's maybe not quite so blatant.......damned strange looking though!!

Peared wrote: »

Edit: Jesus, just saw your last post brianthebard - am not in my 40s. Was talking about younger men in general.

Huh? maybe its the beer but I'm not quite following you here??

Would've thought 10-15 years personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Had a thing once with a guy 13 years younger. Purely for sexy time on my part. He was far too immature for anything else :D

(great stamina though ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I don't think it's entirely about age mind. I guess intentions play a part too. If you just want a younger guy for a bit of sexy time then he's a toy boy. Of course if you're making a proper relationship out of it he's not a toy boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Wexford Girl

Ive been in 2 relationships with younger guys and it was a disaster both times, grand for sex or whatever but not for a relationship in my case.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Galvasean wrote: »
    I don't think it's entirely about age mind. I guess intentions play a part too. If you just want a younger guy for a bit of sexy time then he's a toy boy. Of course if you're making a proper relationship out of it he's not a toy boy.

hmm, he is a toy boy then ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

:eek::eek: I'd better delete that post before he sees it! You know how sensitive he is ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

I'm all for toyboys, just find younger men more fun to be around and in my experience they are better in bed.
    I think it depends on the age difference if it can be anything more than just sex(for me anyway)......

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,069 ✭✭✭✭beertons

That would make you his sugar momma then!

Edit: So I think that comment scared the ladies. Ooops. Enough with the words, give us the numbers. By how much younger is your beau? At 28, I'm 4 years my OH's junior. Who's next?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

Never had a toyboy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

I'd like a toyboy. Tall, blonde and sallow skin... Yum Yum Yum

Deliver him to me on a platter please with an apple in his mouth...

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

SarahSassy wrote: »

No problem, with a spring in his step too??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

SarahSassy wrote: »

OK I'm not Blond, and I have a fair complextion, but I am 6'2", adn 19yo. I can fit you in *flicks through calender* Thurs day at 630-700, As I am now your Toy Boy and you are my "Suga Mama" Please have 1 Xbox 360 console ready when I get there, thats how these things work!!!

[/joke]

*this post was a joke, please take no offence, I do not wish to incur the wrath of the fine ladies of this lounge.*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

MJOR wrote: »
    No problem, with a spring in his step too??

No need for that if hes on a spit ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Laydees.........

"your only as young as the man ya feel.....!"

once heard that of an ex-boss who had a toyboy! well guess not really since theyve been going out for years!

Personally i dont think i ever would, maturity thing, kind a have a leaning towards guys a little older than me, guys my age even still lack alot in cop on and maturity...

my two cents anyway...

:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement