Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bankruptcy Sale Local hotel - legit? Faulty goods

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 time will tell

eamon234 wrote: »
    These scumbags have been operating for years they've got every angle covered I'm just surprised that fairly respectable hotels are still allowing them in after all this time. They know exactly who they are.
    check out tele text 107... he got whats coming to him... what goes around comes around...1.2million worth of ciggies... ouch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Karma is a b*tch

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

check out tele text 107... he got whats coming to him... what goes around comes around...1.2million worth of ciggies... ouch
    Got any links?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mdinee01

got a flyer in the door today for this RTL crowd:

"stock clearance" on at

Hibernian hotel,
    Mallow, Co. Cork
    Sunday August 30th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 fit_gurl

Hi all,
    My mother just rang asking me to take her to a sale in the local hotel this Sunday. So i took the details of the flyer and used my favourite tool, google to find out about these guys.
    Thanks to you all i won't be bringing my mother on Sunday.
    But for anyone interested in seeing these people, they are advertised as being in the Fairways Hotel, Dundalk, Co Louth this Sunday coming the 27th Sept '09 from 6pm until 9pm...

Cheers Arthur! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

There is one of these in Terryglass, North Tipp at 3pm today, no cover charge and very specifically states its not an Auction. We are going to head down for a gander...... Fortunately i have all the branded laptops and consoles i require :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 altezza

RTL are advertising an auction in the Westlodge Hotel Bantry,Co Cork this weekend 18 th October......Buyers beware........:eek:

foxerv1 wrote: »
    no cover charge and very specifically states its not an Auction.
    No cover charge? How odd. Usually the €2 per person pays for the rent of the room alone.
    lovetoshop wrote: »
    You're right its the same geezer but different address to rtl @ southcourt business park. I wonder do brown thomas dixions and currys know they are saying they are selling their over stock. Shops would usually reduced these items themselves.
    Usually the stuff is not from there. None of the stuff is from BT: all fake. BT would rather shred the stuff they don't sell, rather than sell it to someone who could flog it off cheaply. As for the DSG group (Dixons, Currys, etc), the stuff from them would usually be refurbs.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

the_syco wrote: »
    As for the DSG group (Dixons, Currys, etc), the stuff from them would usually be refurbs.
    LOL at "managers specials" from DSG
    haven't checked in a while but they used to discount stuff by the cost of the missing bits, laptops missing external drives / power supplies

never seen anything at a special price there, unless it was mis-priced

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Burtos

Hi there

Attended the stock clearance in the Westlodge in Bantry. Disaster, so sorry I didn't come across this forum first. I hate these guys, the cockney auctioneer especially whose intolerance of everyone especially the kids was sickening. He would make your skin crawl. Fell into the trap but not by much thank goodness. Just feel for the guy who paid €800 for a TV.

The more people who know about these scams, the better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Burtos wrote: »
    I hate these guys, the cockney auctioneer especially whose intolerance of everyone especially the kids was sickening. He would make your skin crawl. Fell into the trap but not by much thank goodness

Why would you even consider giving money to someone like that?

Learnt my lesson, thanks. Feeling very fed up about it. Doesn't help to have someone stick the knife in further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Learnt my lesson, thanks. Feeling very fed up about it. Doesn't help to have someone stick the knife in further.

Well, you said it your self; his intolerance was sickening, and he made your skin crawl. I think it's a valid question to ask why you would give money to a man like that? Did you think that even though he was a horrible, sickening person, that somehow his goods would be of high quality? When you suspect someone of being of dubious character, then don't buy.

Most con artists come across all nice as pie, and make people feel good about what they're paying for. That's how a con works. A con man that makes your skin crawl, really shouldn't work.

Dear Jor el

I agree with what you are saying. The reason I joined this forum was to try and warn other people.

Yes, it was against my better judgement to buy off people like this and I had my reservations at the start, but given my personal circumstances due to this recession, I was trying to find a good deal on some toys for Xmas.

I am not only humiliated by the experience but I'm also out of pocket and it makes me despise these people even more. Con artists come in all shapes and sizes and I'm aware of that, however I hope this is the last time I get conned.

I hope there is a whistle blower at the next sale.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Dear Jor el

I agree with what you are saying. The reason I joined this forum was to try and warn other people.

Yes, it was against my better judgement to buy off people like this and I had my reservations at the start, but given my personal circumstances due to this recession, I was trying to find a good deal on some toys for Xmas.

I am not only humiliated by the experience but I'm also out of pocket and it makes me despise these people even more. Con artists come in all shapes and sizes and I'm aware of that, however I hope this is the last time I get conned.

I hope there is a whistle blower at the next sale.

Regards

Please Please go to the National Consumers Agency (NCA) www.nca.ie, report them to the Gardi.

Trade Description is still covered under the Law with regards Auctions (isn't it?)

Anyway go to the NCA please, that is what we pay Taxes for.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

ringley trading ltd - 5 south court business park, wexford road, carlow, are having a "not to be missed wholesale & high street stock clearance" --- "everything must go"

the location this time is the red cow inn, they were there before i remember.

anyway the date and time is sunday 25th october 2009 2pm - 5pm .....

instead of wasting 2 euro on them, i'd donate it to the blue cross or grab burger from the euro saver menu (and go for a nice walk in the city centre)

(it's the black & deker one with bmx for a €5)

ringley trading ltd - 5 south court business park, wexford road, carlow, are having a "not to be missed wholesale & high street stock clearance" --- "everything must go"

the location this time is the red cow inn, they were there before i remember.

anyway the date and time is sunday 25th october 2009 2pm - 5pm .....

instead of wasting 2 euro on them, i'd donate it to the blue cross or grab burger from the euro saver menu (and go for a nice walk in the city centre)

(it's the black & deker one with bmx for a €5)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I never realised that we had two of these threads in Consumer Issues - I just assumed that it was the same one the whole time. Therefore I've decided to merge them.

now it looks like i posted twice :( (i actually posted to both threads just as they were merged)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 DTOWN

omg What a bunch of scumbags!
    Went to the red cow smelt a rat (or could have been the "sales assistants"):D
    Only way to get these guys is to haunt the Hotel Management it might create awareness and maybe stop them at source!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Nath64

Just back from the 6 to 9 sale @ the Red Cow!
    Some set up ... I red all the above posts & agree with everyone.
    Well worth the €2 entrance fee for the show, got 2 useless things :(
    But if anyone knows who is this so called "Oisin" guy who was on the floor, let me know, he's some hottie !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 scambusters

Well where will I start?
    Arrived at red cow to find the sale had been delayed by half an hour nothing new there says you according to previous posts.

Bought a brilliant camcorder worth over 1000 euro according to them on the high street for 170 euro. Best money ever spent -pity it doesnt work.
    Sound and picture quality extremely poor.
    Bought a helicopter that doesnt fly and an aeroplane that I dont want to open to find out how crap it is.

If you get a flyer through your letter box dont believe a word of it!!!
    Surely the stores they say they are associated will need to intervene as their good name is tarnished!!!!

Cowboys Ted Cowboys!!!
    Steer Clear!!!!
    At least I didnt buy any of the bigger more expensive items!!!
    Girlfriend held me back! D'amn my impulsive nature!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 DTOWN

Ring the Red Cow Management.
    They regularly operate out of there! Turf them out and stop these scum!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 dev_lee

Hi All,

Beware!!!
    This company is running a so called "Auction" this Sunday (1/11/2009) in the Keadeen Hotel.

I rang the hotel and they said that the company had booked under a different name but on the leaflet given out around Naas its Rigley!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Nath64

Hey,

Rang the Keadeen in Newbridge this morning 31/10, the event has been cancelled ...
    No explanantion given of course.
    Looks like some hotel do refuse them, I doubt they'd been stopped by the garda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Lol good to hear, of course what would be better would be people wising up to these crooks and the sale still going a head but zero people showing up.

I can dream can't I ? :D

I'm sure there are actually folks out there who are very genuinely disappointed it's cancelled . Not knowing that they have been spared a rip off :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

DTOWN wrote: »
    omg What a bunch of scumbags!
    Went to the red cow smelt a rat (or could have been the "sales assistants"):D
    Only way to get these guys is to haunt the Hotel Management it might create awareness and maybe stop them at source!

You don't think the hotel manager knows already?
    He wants the business he couldn't give a fook if dumb people are taken for a ride

Surely the stores they say they are associated will need to intervene as their good name is tarnished!!!!
    Half the scam is making people think that they have anything to do with the stores...

not sure how to work this thing, please tell everytone that these scamers are setting up a shop in the fairgreen shopping center in carlow town. its called 'factory clearence' and is opposite 'barretts' shoe shop.

• Advertisement

has anyone checked out these scammers '5 euro' shop in carlows fairgreen shopping center... what a joke, how these people get away with this is beyond me... <snip>

Advertisement