Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atheism is "cool"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

sukikettle wrote: »
    I'm quoting the bible not being preachy...If He is in charge of all creation and He sets some rules and asks you to follow them with faith then He has a right to damn.It's not petty or vindictive.If you worked for a company you had no faith in and disrespected the boss and were mostly unco-operative and spouted disrespectful statements about him what would he do.

Burn you for eternity in a lake of fire?
    Where would the contrary be written into any contract that exists. It makes sense. Believe it or not God owes you nothing

And we owe God nothing, particularly not worship, because you may notice none of us signed contracts.

If God had given me the option of existing with him requiring worship from me (under the threat of punishment of eternal torture), or not existing, I would rather not exist ("live free or die", all that jazz)

But he didn't give me that option. He instead decided to create me and then gave me the option of worshipping him or an eternity of torture and suffering.

The difference between the two is the difference between me signing a contract to work with my company, and my company kidnapping me and putting me to work.

The former you are certainly right to say that you owe your boss respect because he gave you a job you wanted to take.

The latter you don't owe your boss anything, particularly not obedience under threat of punishment, and in fact most people would say the boss is immoral for creating the situation in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭sukikettle

I didn't write the bible Jammy and stop whining I have to put up with your preachiness too

I'm really sorry but I don't read long posts even if they're aimed at me. I prefer short sharp statements

I didn't write the bible Jammy and stop whining I have to put up with your preachiness too

Give me one post, one single post, where I preached. Just one. And, don't take it out of context.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

I'm really sorry but I don't read long posts even if they're aimed at me.

replace the word "post" with "books" there.

How on earth did you manage to read a full bible?

• Advertisement

Matthew, we fell from Grace and He flooded us after a while and then His Son stepped in. He's fairly annoyed with whoever rejects His Son and there is punishment for that eventually. The bible says so not me. He doesn't owe us anything. We owe Him for extending mercy and grace.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Matthew, we fell from Grace and He flooded us after a while and then His Son stepped in. He's fairly annoyed with whoever rejects His Son and there is punishment for that eventually. The bible says so not me. He doesn't owe us anything. We owe Him for extending mercy and grace.

why didn't he extend a bit for the dinosaurs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I'm really sorry but I don't read long posts even if they're aimed at me. I prefer short sharp statements

Okay then, stop dragging the thread off topic. :)

on topic: Yeah, I think atheism is cool. Of course 'coolness' is in the eye of the beholder.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Here's one.

Quit your placard waving and dragging things off topic, or I will ban you.

I read the bible everyday and I listen to USB bible when I can. He loves all of us the same and He says He is no respecter of persons

• Advertisement

ntlbell wrote: »

He changed a few of them into birds. ;)

Short and sharp, got it -
    • We don't owe God anything
    • We never asked to be created
    • God creating us and giving us only two options, worship or eternal torture, was wicked and evil

I'm answering questions why are you threatning me. I have no placard

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭MackDeToaster

He doesn't owe us anything. We owe Him for extending mercy and grace.

So he's like an illegal moneylender then, but worse since he's demanding his payback and I never even asked for a loan ?

I'm answering questions why are you threatning me. I have no placard

You can answer questions without preaching. In fact your preaching is some what getting in the way of you actually answering questions.

The Bible is wrong, so you can stop quoting from it.

How on earth did you manage to get an internet connection to that bridge you're living under?

Time to drag the Three Billy Goats Gruff out of retirement.

I can't wait until the guy who posted this (with a serious question) comes back to see it with damn close to 200 posts, and most of those posts just being pure and utter dribble!

(Before anybody points it out, I know I posted it... I was using a certain mode of language which some choose to call "sarcasm").

It's easy to say what you say. I speak out of things I can't see and I know I can be here all night and none of you will accept what I believe. That's fine you're truly not my burden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

ntlbell wrote: »
    Galvasean wrote: »
    He changed a few of them into birds. ;)

I knew it.
    There's few birds down my way who are dragons.

:cool: ? no?

It's easy to say what you say.

Well yes, it is called a keyboard.

Do you agree that because we were not asked did we wish to exist that we owe God nothing for creating us, and that creating us and giving us the option of either worship or torture is not only unfair, but in fact immoral and wicked?

• Advertisement

Matthew it's easy to be nasty mate. What did that comment cost you...do you know what it cost me

Wicknight wrote: »
    Well yes, it is called a keyboard.

Do you agree that because we were not asked did we wish to exist that we owe God nothing for creating us, and that creating us and giving us the option of either worship or torture is not only unfair, but in fact immoral and wicked?

Sounds awfully like entrapment, doesn't it?

Wick you'll have to scroll up. I've answered that question in different ways several times already

If you guys don't believe why don't you ignore me I'm only answering comments aimed at me

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Skadi

Dudess it just doesn't work like that as logical as it may be to you. God isn't helpless and He doesn't shrug feebily when we get up there because we've been through cancer, tsunamis etc Our only objective as His creation is to seek Him and love Him and remain faithful. It's what He's always been doing for us. It's a 2 way street, very much father/child. You have to remember who is behind evil.Even Jesus said a house divided against itself will fall. Attributing evil to God is blasphemous and illogical

From your beliefs, does god not decide what is good and evil. So is this not a concept from him, many old gods have a mischievous
    (such as Loki a old norse god). Also is not your devil/satan the son of your god. So does not logical reason maybe at the very least associate the two, and maybe attribute the concept evil to your god.

I know I can be here all night and none of you will accept what I believe. That's fine you're truly not my burden

If we are not your burden why do you persist in trying to convert us?

Wick you'll have to scroll up. I've answered that question in different ways several times already

No actually you didn't. Since my original post these have been your posts
    • I didn't write the bible Jammy and stop whining I have to put up with your preachiness too
    • I'm really sorry but I don't read long posts even if they're aimed at me. I prefer short sharp statements
    • Matthew, we fell from Grace and He flooded us after a while and then His Son stepped in. He's fairly annoyed with whoever rejects His Son and there is punishment for that eventually. The bible says so not me. He doesn't owe us anything. We owe Him for extending mercy and grace.
    • I read the bible everyday and I listen to USB bible when I can. He loves all of us the same and He says He is no respecter of persons
    • I'm answering questions why are you threatning me. I have no placard
    • It's easy to say what you say. I speak out of things I can't see and I know I can be here all night and none of you will accept what I believe. That's fine you're truly not my burden
    • Matthew it's easy to be nasty mate. What did that comment cost you...do you know what it cost me

None of those replies even reference my point, let alone answer it.

You simply repeat what you have already said, we owe God, and God owes us nothing.

Given that we were never asked did we actually want to be created, and we were certainly never asked if we wanted to be created when the only two options available to us were worship of a deities' morality many disagree with or eternal torture in a lake of fire, do you wish to revise that statement? Do you not agree it was in fact wicked.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Skadi

Galvasean wrote: »
    If we are not your burden why do you persist in trying to convert us?

:D cause it says so in the bible :D

For every unbeliever you bring unto me, i will double the space in your mansion which i have prepared in the glorious kingdom of my father. And to every unbeliever that does not heed your words, i will banish them to the darkness.

Matthew it's easy to be nasty mate. What did that comment cost you...do you know what it cost me

Let's not make this personal, much as I'd like to.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

suki on a holiday from A&A.

5 posts since a warning to get on topic and every one a waste of space.

Everyone - move on.

kthxbye

Advertisement